Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

Agree 100%, seems silly for Jimmy to go through all that work remastering DW2 and not also make it available on CD or a payable lossless digital format like wav or flac. I would take mp3, but it's lossy and truly defeats the purpose of remastering. Most people do not have turntables anymore, so what's the point of re-releasing DW2, some of Page's best work ever, on vinyl only?

Probably the sheer rarity of it but perhaps also because of the resurgence of vinyl in recent years.

When they did the TSRTS re-issue, they had CD and vinyl formats available. I've been waiting for 20 years for an official Page-remastered DW2 on CD, very disappointing. I can't get enough of Who's To Blame, City Sirens, Jam Sandwich, Carole's Theme, Shadow In The City, Prelude, and the rocking Hypnotizing Ways. Oh well, still have my Japanese import CD which is good, but needs an up-to-date modern remastering job. There's no reason for clicks and pops in the music anymore.

I have some vinyl records that are nearly as old as me (and some that are older) and the vast majority of them sound just as good as the day I first purchased them. It's all in how well you take care of them. Even CDs, the supposedly "indestructible" media, is prone to scratches and skips. Even digital files can be damaged or lost, especially if you don't have a secure back up system in place.

The bottom line is that we all love Jimmy, that's a given, HOWEVER - there is a growing frustration, and rightly so, over the complete lack of new musical material from a man many of us here consider a genius. I know I do.

Re-releasing the DWII package would be ok so long as it came after a release of new material - so long promised by Jimmy.

As of this point in time, I don't think the DWII album has even sold out yet. 1000 copies and it hasn't sold well. No surprise at all, I hope Jimmy isn't taken back by that.

Jimmy, your people need real substance from you. Not a re-packaged nugget from the past.

You know, call me crazy, but I REALLY get this feeling that Jimmy will release new material, and lots of it, but I sense he is waiting for a certain point in Time.

A moment when the time is right to release it. I have faith in Jimmy and still hope that he wont let us all down. He's just waiting...

I REALLY get this feeling that Jimmy will release new material, and lots of it, but I sense he is waiting for a certain point in Time. A moment when the time is right to release it. I have faith in Jimmy and still hope that he wont let us all down. He's just waiting...

"I really get this feeling"..."have faith"..."he's just waiting"...

:hysterical:

I'm rolling on the floor to; the killing floor! I love Jimmy Page dearly and wish him well, but I do believe his creative days are long by him.

Unfortunately, this may be the truth us fans must have to accept now. But, I guess you never know. Always hope, but not as much as in the past.

As a 40 year Zep fan, I'd love to hear one more killer Jimmy Page solo album, back to his guitar army diverse sound ala Coverdale-Page, but not necessarily with Coverdale. We all know he has it in him, as I agree with nirvana above, I KNOW Page has got killer stuff up his sleeve, a person that creative cannot just "shut it off". I think the issue is that he cannot find a singer up to par with his guitar genius that he also has chemistry with, besides Plant. It's not an easy gig for a singer to match up to Page's high level, as Coverdale said, he layed down what he thought was the final vocal take for a track off the C/P album, and when Page then added his guitars, his vocals sounded like Mary Poppins next to Page awesome riffs and killer tones, so he then had to redo the vocals better! I say, get Jones and Dave Grohl, who are already a fine tuned rhythm section, an do a killer instrumental album. I wonder if Scott Weiland, if he can keep his personal shit together, might fit with Page, as STP's Dean Deleo (another great riffer) mentioned he modeled STP's guitar work blueprint in the style of Jimmy, integrating quality riffs into the song structure. When Weiland is good, he's really good at coming up with killer rock vocal melodies and he can change his voice to sound different on every song at will. After seeing "It Might Get Loud", one gets the feeling Page still has "gas in the tank", and that twinkle in his eye. He's still has that magic vibe.

As far as DW2 not selling out yet, it's likely because not many people have turntables anymore. Once you buy a CD, you can rip it as lossless wav's and backup the data that way so that you have extra EXACT lossless copies in case one gets scratched (of course, for personal use only).

^ Imho opinion DW2 has not sold well because it is not very good. I have tried a number of times to get into it..........but i just won't grab me, i find quite a boring listen. Defintely not a timeless piece of genius. More like a dated piece of crap..

Has anybody actually received their new DW2 vinyl reissue yet from JP.com? They should be in people's hands by now.

I have been wondering that too. I am impatiently waiting for mine as well. They said if they were ordered before that Friday they would arrive by Christmas, so I have been waiting too. I guess its going to become like the book. :D

I too am wanting him to release new things.....but when he releases Lucifer Rising....that will be also new as it will be 'offically out.'

Page can still play and create but I don't think he'll produce anymore hard rock albums that most people want out of him. He ought to make an acoustic album or something along those lines. I always thought Page was at his best as an acoustic player anyway with that British folk influence in his playing.

I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't need to hear him with David Coverdale again, or any other wanna be.

So what did they do to Big Band Sax and Violence? Was it reworked into "Main Title" (Jimmypage.com says song was reworked into "Main Title") or completely omitted? Anyone listen yet?

Good Question, hope someone can post a update.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived