POSSIBLE REUNION TOUR DATES IN 2012?

IS THERE ANY CHANCE @ ALL THAT THE BAND MEMBERS WILL REUNITE FOR A SERIES OF CONCERTS IN 2012?

I KNOW THAT ROBERT PLANT IS DEAD-SET AGAINST THE IDEA, BUT THE OTHERS ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE... PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND ROBERT, GIVE ONE LAST GENERATION OF FANS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY, "I SAW LED ZEPPELIN LIVE IN 2012!!"

I FIRST SAW THE BAND @ KNEBWORTH ON AUGUST 4TH, 1979 - MY FIRST CONCERT (@ AGE 13), AND HAVE SEEN EVERY INCARNATION OF EACH OF THE BAND MEMBERS GROUPS SINCE. I MET ROBERT OUTSIDE THE BIRMINGHAM, N.E.C. IN 1985 AFTER "THE FIRM" HAD JUST PLAYED AN AWESOME SET... HE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO SIGN A "FIRM" ALBUM COVER AND POSE FOR A PICTURE WITH ME. ONE INTERESTING THING SAID WAS, "I REALLY MUST GO SEE JIMMY NOW, I'LL BE BACK IN 20 MINUTES." @ 20:35 SECONDS, HE EXITED THE BUILDING. ONE BLOKE ASKED HIM, "DID JIMMY HAVE ANYTHING INTERESTING TO SAY?" TO WHICH HE REPLIED, "OH NO JUST THE USUAL, ASKED ME TO LOAN HIM A FIVER!" WE ALL LAUGHED,,, I REMEMBER AS HE KISSED HIS DAUGHTER TELLING HER, "SEE YOU IN FLORIDA". @ WHICH TIME HE SHED HIS FULL LENGTH LEATHER JACKET, TOSSED IT IN THE BACKSEAT OF HIS BROWN MERCEDES (DIESEL), AND STARTED IT UP YO LEAVE. I REMEMBER STANDING IN THE HEADLIGHTS, GIVING HIM A PEACE SIGN, AND RECEIVING A WAVE AS HE BACKED AWAY AND LEFT. QUITE AN EXPERIENCE, TO MEET YOUR "ROCK GOD IDOL", HAVE HIM BE SO KIND AND COURTEOUS TOWARD YOU. I WAS 20 YEARS OLD THEN AND A MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATED AIR FORCE... THAT WAS 25+ YEARS AGO NOW, BUT IS STILL "CLEAR AS A BELL" IN MY MEMORY!! I WAS AMONG THE LUCKY SOULS TO ATTAIN A TICKET FOR THE TRIBUTE CONCERT FOR AHMET ERTEGUN IN 2007, AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE AF THE "REUNION" SHOW THAT NIGHT!

I ONLY HOPE THAT THIS WILL NOT HAVE BEEN THE LAST TIME THAT THEY PERFORM LIVE AS ONE AGAIN!

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED...

MICHAEL S. MARSHALL

(DAYTON, OHIO USA)

Welcome Mike!

I hate to tell you this but the likely hood of Zep ever playing again is nothing above zero. They have each gone their separate ways now, Jonesy is busy with his opera (and hopefully Them Crooked Vultures #2 in the future), Robert is fresh from the Band of Joy and possibly living the married life, and Jimmy....well he has a pretty cool website that you should check out if you haven't already.

This is a good place Mike, you won't find a better community or website for Zep. Some of the people here may be a little abrasive, especially when topics about a possible reunion come up (they come up more often than some like) but I would just brush them away.

So in short, Zep is finished, but JPJ, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are not.

:welcome2:

I MET ROBERT OUTSIDE THE BIRMINGHAM, N.E.C. IN 1985 AFTER "THE FIRM" HAD JUST PLAYED AN AWESOME SET

That NEC concert was May 18, 1985 and Robert did attend with his daughter, Carmen. Robert actually wept whilst watching the show, admitting later "I wept. I honestly wept" and adding something to the effect of he felt Jimmy had played so beautifully. Robert had two dates scheduled in Florida the following month (Tampa, FL on June 29th and Hollywood, FL on June 30th) so that is what he must have been referring to when he said to Carmen "see you in Florida". Hope their time together went well as 16,000 people were turned away at the Sportatorium in Hollywood when Robert refused to perform on account of a leaking roof. The show was rescheduled for the following day.

I'd really like to see the photograph that was taken at the NEC, if not here then privately.

Welcome Mike!

I hate to tell you this but the likely hood of Zep ever playing again is nothing above zero. They have each gone their separate ways now, Jonesy is busy with his opera (and hopefully Them Crooked Vultures #2 in the future), Robert is fresh from the Band of Joy and possibly living the married life, and Jimmy....well he has a pretty cool website that you should check out if you haven't already.

This is a good place Mike, you won't find a better community or website for Zep. Some of the people here may be a little abrasive, especially when topics about a possible reunion come up (they come up more often than some like) but I would just brush them away.

So in short, Zep is finished, but JPJ, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are not.

Well said!

Careful with that feeling. I have been told that it isn't proper for Led Zeppelin fans to hope for something so selfish as what you are talking about. :(

There's nothing wrong with wishing and hoping, only bashing the shit out of Robert Plant because he chooses not to get involved isn't proper.

• 4 months later...

If they did do another show where would it be and the chances of getting a ticket are worse than winning the lottery for the O2 concert half a BILLION people applied for tickets and many of the so called fans who managed to get tickets resold them for extortionate prices, if there was some way of making sure that only true fans got tickets, still I suppose thats the same with anything.

The truth is this will almost certainly never happen. I respect Robert Plant and the decision he has made. I would love to see him reconsider but if he caved to the pressure we wouldn't get a Robert Plant who was totally committed and his performances would likely suffer. If this is what Plant wants I'm glad he isn't doing the tour. He has a right to live his life as he pleases even if I don't like the choices he makes and I respect him for following his heart and not caving to the pressure. Though I still think Page and Jones should put together a new band and tour under a different name. I heard they tried to recruit Steven Tyler and he said no but if they are reading this I'm available to tour. So any time you're ready to go Jimmy give a call.

Well I'm just glad they never hooked up with that Myles Kennedy character. I'd managed to totally avoid hearing him until the other night, when I saw Slash's 'Made In Stoke' show on tv. What a horrible voice he has.

Horrible voice?? I don't think so...

• 2 weeks later...

If they did do another show where would it be and the chances of getting a ticket are worse than winning the lottery for the O2 concert half a BILLION people applied for tickets and many of the so called fans who managed to get tickets resold them for extortionate prices, if there was some way of making sure that only true fans got tickets, still I suppose thats the same with anything.

Joe, I'm curious as to where you got the figure of half a billion from.....

• 1 month later...

Kennedy is the Tarzan of Metal.

I met him - around that time . He was a sweetheart. We talked around the subject ( he obviously knew not to discuss it directly, but no one had sworn me to secrecy - and it was so clear how much he wanted it ).

At the same time I saw him play live with Alter Bridge. He was an amazing live performer and totally owned the stage. Very strong IMO ..and I rather like his voice.

Still - that's all history. Isn't it just.

I met him - around that time . He was a sweetheart. We talked around the subject ( he obviously knew not to discuss it directly, but no one had sworn me to secrecy - and it was so clear how much he wanted it ).

At the same time I saw him play live with Alter Bridge. He was an amazing live performer and totally owned the stage. Very strong IMO ..and I rather like his voice.

Still - that's all history. Isn't it just.

Well I've seen him a couple of times with Slash and though his voice wasn't my cup of tea, I thought he was a good band leader - for Slash -, not for a Zeppelin-like band. It would be a real joy to see Robert and Jimmy and Jones play with Jason again, but I'm not seeing it happen in a close future.

It's unpredictable. But if anyone's going to be the lead singer of a band with Jones and Jimmy, let it be someone else but Myles. He sounds like he inhaled a bottle of helium before the concert... That's just my opinion.

Well I've seen him a couple of times with Slash and though his voice wasn't my cup of tea, I thought he was a good band leader - for Slash -, not for a Zeppelin-like band. It would be a real joy to see Robert and Jimmy and Jones play with Jason again, but I'm not seeing it happen in a close future.

It's unpredictable. But if anyone's going to be the lead singer of a band with Jones and Jimmy, let it be someone else but Myles. He sounds like he inhaled a bottle of helium before the concert... That's just my opinion.

I share your opinion on Myles. :goodpost:

Despite it probably never happening, I still think Robert owes it to the millions of fans the missed out on their heyday and just do something what Black Sabbath are doing right now, a couple of shows spread out, not a lengthy world tour. Just a couple dates here and there. He needs to realize that he can do is "going back to my roots" thing anytime. I'm sure the rest of them would agree to it. I understand that Jason isn't John, but it's the closest thing you are going to get to him. No, he isn't John, he will never be John, but I believe he did a very good job at the '07 gig. C'mon Robert, quit being grumpy and just do it. Just like the Nike commercial. :P

I think we have been battered with these rumors of a reunion so much that if it ever really happens we wont believe it until they play their first note on stage

Thing is, it did happen. That may well be the only time they ever do it but for some it just wasn't enough and never will be.

Archived