Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
HotDogAudrey

Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

On 2/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, jasonlovesvids said:

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap.  I was around in the 70's.

I guess that would depend on ones experiences. Your's were obviously different but you have no right to discount the experiences of others just as they have no right to discount yours.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, jasonlovesvids said:

I agree - they could have stayed faithful.  If they wanted to screw every slut while out on the road then they could have divorced and just been a free agent.  Of course Jimmy wasn't married but had a child with a lady so he was committing to her on some level.

i was sorta surprised to hear how much Aubrey got around.  She isn't mentioned much with the other groupies like Sweet Connie, Pamela, etc.  I've never read anything about her so to hear she travelled with the Stones, Kiss, etc. surprised me but maybe it shouldn't have.

Robert was as much of a dog as anyone but seems to at least these days to respect the ladies that were in his life back then, like Michelle Overman (see her on YouTube).  But he still can't commit- he was crazy about Patty Griffin for a few years but must have grew tired cause he up and left her, saying he wanted to go home and hang out at the corner pub.... and she is a fabulous lady (trust me).  So he'll probably grow old alone and that is sad.  

Speaking of Maureen - RP had a baby with her sister, Shirley,  jeez how low class is that to screw your ex sister in law.  That is some low crap.  And who is surprised RP or JP didn't have any children with any of these road girls?  I am.

I agree completely with the last part regarding the weird love triangle and how that shit just ain't right. Robert's damn lucky he did not wind up like John Wayne Bobbitt.

Regarding your first paragraph however I have to disagree. I believe most people when ultra-successful become ego-centric dicks to a certain degree, especially when it comes to indulging in life's varied pleasures. Of course they could have been faithful and acted like the boy's from Rush while on the road but Geddy, Alex, & Neal are the exception, not the rule. Damn, the bible belt, conservative christian country stars of the 60's & 70's were getting more road tail then the rockers were. I am sure there was a bit of a quid pro quo between these successful musicians and their wives...as long the the guys brought home lots and lots of bacon, and they kept their dalliances on the  down low, all was good to go. I am not saying every musicians marriage is structured like this but most, yes. I know this for fact because I am the friend of a very famous guitarists ex-wife. I will not name names as I respect the man and his ex-wife, and he is currently still recording and touring in both a popular 70's era band and with his own group. The bottom line is most of these musicians wives knew exactly what was going on, all they typically asked of their famous men is that they did not flaunt their encounters and to keep that shit out of the press at all costs. 

It is true. Ace frehley does have a second daughter. If you read Wendy Moore's book about her relationship with ace, called Into The Void, she tells a story about how one night Ace was on the phone to the mother of this second daughter. After the phone conversation, Wendy asked ace who that was on the phone and ace replied that it was the mother of ace's other daughter, called Lindsay. The mother was wanting more money off ace. Ace then told Wendy that this subject was never to be brought up again. Wendy then felt so sorry for this girl who's father wanted nothing to do with her.

Edited by RobBanks
Spelling mistake

3 hours ago, RobBanks said:

It is true. Ace frehley does have a second daughter. If you read Wendy Moore's book about her relationship with ace, called Into The Void, she tells a story about how one night Ace was on the phone to the mother of this second daughter. After the phone conversation, Wendy asked ace who that was on the phone and ace replied that it was the mother of ace's other daughter, called Lindsay. The mother was wanting more money off ace. Ace then told Wendy that this subject was never to be brought up again. Wendy then felt so sorry for this girl who's father wanted nothing to do with her.

Just curious but, is there anyone from KISS who is not a complete piece of shit???

On 4/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, IpMan said:

I agree completely with the last part regarding the weird love triangle and how that shit just ain't right. Robert's damn lucky he did not wind up like John Wayne Bobbitt.

Robert's was romantically involved with both sisters prior to marrying one, so I don't see continuation after divorce being a big deal.

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Robert's was romantically involved with both sisters prior to marrying one, so I don't see continuation after divorce being a big deal.

To each their own I guess, but as he has children with BOTH sisters it should make for interesting family holidays. Especially since you have cousin-brothers & sisters. That is some serious back woods West Virginny level shit right there. Obviously, Robert would have made one hell of a Mormon.

Edited by IpMan

When I think of Zeppelin I think of a super talented band which happens to get far too crazy when they are on the road but at the end of the day basically created the rock genre.  When I think of Kiss I think of Pabst Blue Ribbon, carnies on blow, derivative lyrics, and bad choices...pretty much says it all!  When I think of Ace Frehley...I probably should stop here I am getting a bit too mean to the kiss fan out there!

1 hour ago, Darth Hoek said:

When I think of Zeppelin I think of a super talented band which happens to get far too crazy when they are on the road but at the end of the day basically created the rock genre.  When I think of Kiss I think of Pabst Blue Ribbon, carnies on blow, derivative lyrics, and bad choices...pretty much says it all!  When I think of Ace Frehley...I probably should stop here I am getting a bit too mean to the kiss fan out there!

:hysterical:

That is funny as hell and well put. Cheers

I think it was hard for people to figure it out, when contraception and medications against sexual diseases came around and women started to have

jobs and the whole idea of single parent being able to raise the child came around.

Led Zeppelin were well functioning at the start, it's unbelievable that Jimmy Page was a full scale genius visionare for the whole band at 24, even if I don't like him using terms like superstars, amazing and great too much and that he knew exactly what to do to be heard, but I guess he had to be like that to do things right.

So they took those girls and I heard most of the time they were nice to them. These days it's back to sharing your life with someone and getting attached to one person, which I guess was always part of the human spirit(maybe being together for the whole life is a bit too society influenced for hereditary reasons, maybe Jones knows, hope not heh) and couple helping each other more. And I guess there is no time for more then one person really! 

On 12/25/2017 at 11:50 PM, IpMan said:

Just curious but, is there anyone from KISS who is not a complete piece of shit???

HA!! Shitty people putting out shitty music!

Regarding the Robert - Maureen - Shirley love triangle, I believe Robert was with Shirley first. Then he got Maureen pregnant and married her, so going back to Shirley years after divorcing Maureen isn't so out of reach. I've seen photos of all of the kids together with Robert, so I don't know how much bad blood / resentment there is. People are different regarding openness and tolerance levels, so you can't really judge someone else's relationships by your own standards. And time is a great healer. 

6 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

HA!! Shitty people putting out shitty music!

Regarding the Robert - Maureen - Shirley love triangle, I believe Robert was with Shirley first. Then he got Maureen pregnant and married her, so going back to Shirley years after divorcing Maureen isn't so out of reach. I've seen photos of all of the kids together with Robert, so I don't know how much bad blood / resentment there is. People are different regarding openness and tolerance levels, so you can't really judge someone else's relationships by your own standards. And time is a great healer. 

This is al true, no doubt, however, the cynic in me believes if old Robert were a steelworker from Pittsburgh, on a limited budget, things would not be quite so hunky dory.

Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, SamoKodela said:

(maybe being together for the whole life is a bit too society influenced for hereditary reasons)

Whole life used to be a whole lot shorter...life expectancy for US male in 1900 was 46.3, woman 48.3. Even lower in many other countries. You'd marry, raise your children to adulthood and die soon after.

Edited by SteveAJones

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Whole life used to be a whole lot shorter...life expectancy for US male in 1900 was 46.3, woman 48.3. Even lower in many other countries. You'd marry, raise your children to adulthood and die soon after.

I just mentioned hereditary and financial reasons as strong, sometimes too strong motivators. Not too say money isn't important, it's just hard to get when you can't  communicate your ideas and can't sell anything to anybody.

I was trying to say that a good relationship should be the main reason and things mentioned above in this post are motivators that should not be too strong, other I mentioned above mostly work against it, while a natural tendeny might be staying together a few years until society and culture started to develope deeper reasons.

Edited by SamoKodela

On 1/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, IpMan said:

This is al true, no doubt, however, the cynic in me believes if old Robert were a steelworker from Pittsburgh, on a limited budget, things would not be quite so hunky dory.

Probably true

On 1/6/2018 at 3:30 AM, SteveAJones said:

Not quite. You see, that number is a mean average which included all age groups including infants. As infant mortality was very high at the turn of the century, this brought the average down as a result. The average age for those who lived past 12 years old was around 66 for men and 69 for women.

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Not quite. You see, that number is a mean average which included all age groups including infants. As infant mortality was very high at the turn of the century, this brought the average down as a result. The average age for those who lived past 12 years old was around 66 for men and 69 for women.

I never knew that. Nice bit-o-knowledge there.

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I never knew that. Nice bit-o-knowledge there.

Neither did I until I learned it in a college anthropology class. Even through HS what Steve quoted was taught as truth so it is not his fault. American education system for ya but this bit of info is always thrown around due to what is taught in schools. Before the industrial revolution the average lifespan of an adult male was around 42 because infant mortality was around 60+%. So, if you take out death rates, infant - 12 years, we get back to the true average of around 67 years old which was a very constant number for centuries until advances in medical science. 

As long as a person made it past 12 they were good to go as the majority of deaths were due to childhood illness.

I did hear/read in a few places (and wife confirmed) that ancient man - the number one cause of death? Their teeth.