Funny LZ pictures.

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What about the time on the 77' tour when Page had incredibly apparently still been shrinking and his pants fell down ???

Censored, properly, or brutally supressed by the Grant/Bindon intimidation mafia ??? I know this is a joke site but if not properly

censored,where is the picture ??

The one and only! ;)

I also love Jimmy's pot-belly hanging out of that weird shirt. :lol:

What's with the badges Page and Stamos are both wearing? Page's is on his left pant leg while Stamos' is on his shirt? Does anyone know background info about this photo?

What's with the badges Page and Stamos are both wearing? Page's is on his left pant leg while Stamos' is on his shirt? Does anyone know background info about this photo?

The Beach Boys

July 4th 1985. Philadelphia PA (Ben Franklin Parkway, w/John Stamos, Joan Jett, Jimmy Page, The Oak Ridge Boys, Mr T & Christopher Cross)

July 4th 1985. Washington DC (Washington Memorial, w/Brian Wilson, 9:15 p.m., w/John Stamos, Joan Jett, Jimmy Page, The Oak Ridge Boys, Mr. T, Christopher Cross, New Edition & The Four Tops)

Yes, Mr. T on drums. Can't make this stuff up!

This is an excerpt from the all-new November/December 2013 issue of Guitar Aficionado magazine. For the rest of this story, plus features on pre-War Martins, the Healdsburg Guitar Festival and a new photo book called 108 Rock Star Guitars, head to the Guitar Aficionado Online Store.
House Rocker: Best known for his television and Broadway roles, actor John Stamos has also enjoyed a three-decade career supporting the Beach Boys in more ways than one.
By Dan Epstein | Photo by Patrick Hoelck
On Yahoo! Screen’s new online show Losing It with John Stamos, celebrities sit down with the former Full House heartthrob to recall their first sexual encounters, often in hilariously cringe-worthy fashion. But as awkward debuts go, it’s pretty hard to beat the first time Stamos ever shared a stage with the Beach Boys…and Jimmy Page.
The year was 1985, and Stamos—then a 21-year-old actor coming off a breakthrough run on General Hospital and a lead role as a wannabe rock star on the short-lived CBS series Dreams — had been invited to join his all-time-favorite band on drums for a few numbers during their massive Fourth of July concerts in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
“Jeffrey Foskett, the Beach Boys’ guitarist, was the guy who got me in to meet my heroes,” Stamos recalls. “And he was the one who asked them, ‘Can John play ‘Barbara Ann’ and some other songs with us?’ And then, the day before the gig, Jeffrey told me, ‘Jimmy Page is playing guitar!’ ”
Foskett was deputized to run through the songs in advance with the British guitar legend, so he paid a visit to Page’s hotel suite and took Stamos with him. “We went up to Jimmy’s room,” Stamos recalls, “and he immediately offered us a shot of Jack Daniel’s. I barely drank light beer in those days, and it just burned my throat. But it’s Jimmy Page saying, ‘Hey, here’s some Jack,’ so fuck it.
“Then Jeff got all obsessed with Jimmy’s guitar that had a B-Bender on it, because he’d never seen one before. So he and Jimmy’s guitar guy were over in another room playing with it, and I found myself sitting alone with Jimmy Page, just the two of us. There were a couple of acoustic guitars, and he grabbed one and put it in my hands and said, ‘All right—what are we doing?’ I said, ‘Uh, I think you’re playing “Barbara Ann,” right?’ He said, ‘Right. What key?’ I told him it was in F sharp, and he said, ‘I don’t like to solo in F sharp. Why is it in F sharp?’ I was like, ‘I don’t know, man!’ ‘Fun, Fun, Fun’ was in E flat, and he didn’t like that key, either. So I’m sitting there, showing Jimmy Page how to play these three-chord songs. I’m, like, 21 years old. I could barely play guitar and had no business teaching him anything!”
The situation became more nerve wracking at the Philadelphia show, where, in addition to performing for an estimated one million viewers, Stamos was tasked with soothing Page after enthusiastic concertgoers near the stage flashed him the “devil horns.” “He said, ‘I think they’re hexing me!’ ” Stamos recalls. “I was like, ‘No, no, it’s a good thing!’ ”

jimmy-page-face-palm-o.gif

What's so funny about a migraine ? I have them and I don't find them funny... I have seen this video and it is very clear what is going on... Jimmy actually says that he's getting a headache from having been on the airplane flight, and the subsequent scramble to get him water, and sunglasses - and to turn down the bright TV lights - makes it quite clear to me what kind of headache this is... poor Jimmy !

Edited by Kathleen Mary Parker

The Beach Boys

July 4th 1985. Philadelphia PA (Ben Franklin Parkway, w/John Stamos, Joan Jett, Jimmy Page, The Oak Ridge Boys, Mr T & Christopher Cross)

July 4th 1985. Washington DC (Washington Memorial, w/Brian Wilson, 9:15 p.m., w/John Stamos, Joan Jett, Jimmy Page, The Oak Ridge Boys, Mr. T, Christopher Cross, New Edition & The Four Tops)

Yes, Mr. T on drums. Can't make this stuff up!

Ha! I knew someone here would know the scoop. Thanks guys.

What's so funny about a migraine ? I have them and I don't find them funny... I have seen this video and it is very clear what is going on... Jimmy actually says that he's getting a headache from having been on the airplane flight, and the subsequent scramble to get him water, and sunglasses - and to turn down the bright TV lights - makes it quite clear to me what kind of headache this is... poor Jimmy !

You may have indirectly answered my earlier question why Page often wears sunglasses inside.

• 2 weeks later...