The Summit, 5/21/77

bamf4k

How do you know? The band shot can't be houston, in the photos Sam posted JPJ is wearing all white, and in that shot he's wearing brown pants. Must be from Cleveland or something. The Bonham shot with the riser up front is Houston though.

and I'm pretty sure that the photo used for the EVSD release of "The Dragon Snake" is from Pontiac, based on the belt Robert's wearing, since he (as far as I know) only wore the belt that one night.

I went to many shows at the Summit and the screens were- one above the stage and another one back by the rear upper prom. I have several shows that I was at and have the videos in my collection including Aerosmith 1984 and Aerosmith 1988. I also have videos that I was too young to have been there- The Who- 1975--(which was the first ever concert at the Summit in Houston) Aerosmith 2 shows 1977, etc.

I will say 75% of the shows used the closed circuit video system that I attended and I saw about 65 shows there - so Led Zeppelin's show is a very good possibility. I have talked to about 5 people that saw the show and they say they don't remember if the video screens were working.

Some other Led Zeppelin shows besides the Pontiac 1977 show that may exist are the 2 shows in Cleveland at the Richfield Coliseum-4 27 & 28, 1977 maybe even the one from 1975 as I have a complete show that was there of the Who from 1975. It is complete and is a 2 camera shot on their closed circuit video system like the Summits in Houston.

The Rover, a member here claimed he was there and said there were no cameramen or video screens present.

Stairway, it might be an illusion of the mirror angle.

That is correct. Sad to say, no video in Houston. That's why you will Never see any stills from Houston, with any video camermen in the pictures. I sat in the center, straight back, in the second section back, so I would have easily seen any video images on any screen.

I knew about the screen, and I was intentionally looking for it. But that said, it was very good Zeppelin show to be present at. It was almost as good as the next night in Ft. Worth. Zep had had some time off, and they were in their stride for these shows in May !!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived