What's in your Led Zeppelin collection?

DAS

Well that couldn't be much more interesting! He must have thought a lot of you to hand it over.

Amazing! Are you able to share with us why Jimmy gave you such a special item? Were you an employee? A fellow Crowley admirer?

Hi Knebby and kenog,

Thank you. It was a lovely gift from him that I'll always treasure. Yes, a fellow Crowley admirer.

Hi Cookie0024,

It's mesh silver with black oval stones, a silver clasp, and coiled silver wire decorations. I wish I knew more about it as far as its history and such.

Thanks for posting, it's very kind of you to share this with the forum.

Mike and Andy what an outstanding collection you have put together. Thanks for bringing it here to show us. It looks like the work of many dedicated years.

Lots of personal photos with the band: http://www.geocities.ws/out_on_tiles/photopageone.html

And lots of Autographs: http://www.geocities.ws/out_on_tiles/autographs.html

Sorry for the Geocities webpage, lol! We'll update that one of these days...

^^These are some great collections!! Thanks to all who have shared :peace:

This was from 2009 and a big part of my collection, but I need to update as much has been added since then. Also on the thread below go back a few pages and Frank posted a huge amount of interviews

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/11750-led-zeppelin-swag/page-5?hl=%20led%20%20zeppelin%20%20swag

Then SAJ had posted this a while back (some bad language but hilarious IMHO)!!!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7225521/i-need-more-led-zeppelin-stuff-1

A piece of jewelry from JP, who said it had belonged to Rose Kelly:

JPRoseKellyBracelet-Copy_zps9ed7ef76.jpg

Just as an FYI, I removed the image I posted yesterday. I was asked to do so, as this was a personal gift. It wasn't my intent to brag or expose something private. In my overzealousness to share something from my LZ collection I posted something personal (and cherished) from JP that should have been kept private. My intent wasn't to "show-off" or "one-up" anyone. I think subconsciously I wanted to demonstrate how generous and thoughtful Jimmy can be.

Just as an FYI, I removed the image I posted yesterday. I was asked to do so, as this was a personal gift. It wasn't my intent to brag or expose something private. In my overzealousness to share something from my LZ collection I posted something personal (and cherished) from JP that should have been kept private. My intent wasn't to "show-off" or "one-up" anyone. I think subconsciously I wanted to demonstrate how generous and thoughtful Jimmy can be.

I don't think any of us who responded took it that way, and whoever asked you to take it down, I hope it hasn't spoiled anything for any of you. Best intentions and all that.

I don't think any of us who responded took it that way, and whoever asked you to take it down, I hope it hasn't spoiled anything for any of you. Best intentions and all that.

Thanks. I didn't get the feeling that any of you who responded to me here took it that way. No, nothing spoiled. No joy diminished for me.

• 1 month later...

I'm really impressed and jealous at some of the stuff posted here. My collection is pretty insignificant:

All the albums on vinyl (very scratched and well worn)

Songs Remains the Same (VHS and 2 versions on DVD)

The Led Zeppelin DVD

Many books and tab songbooks for guitar

I also have the 10(?) cd box set (horrible grey one). I got this signed by Robert Plant during half time at a Wolverhampton wanderers football (soccer) game. I didn't tell him I was supporting the opposing team!

I just picked up one of these: it's complete - the photo only shows the main part. Now I just need the Physical Graffiti 3-d display. And the I mobile.. And the II divider card... and several blimps.....

$T2eC16dHJF4FFkZgJytvBRo+,Iisd!~~60_57.J

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a 35 year Zep fan and collector, my collected items probably number in the thousands, so I will post the odd item here when I get a chance. Today I was in a 1977 mood. This is an original authentic concert shirt (wrapped for protection), and original authentic program, and the original (heavy box) pressing of Destroyer (bootleg) from the 1977 tour. Nice to have:

001b_zpsaf13e486.jpg

I have heard from some collectors that cloth should not be stored wrapped in plastic; the best thing to do is wrap it in white (linen?cotton?) sheets. It's probably no big deal if you replace the bag around once a year. You could probably look up online to find the best solution.

Archived