What's in your Led Zeppelin collection?

DAS

I've got all the albums on CD plus the mini-album boxed set.

I've got the DVD plus every version of TSRTS that exists.

But my pride and joy is my mp3 collection of bootlegs. I've got pretty much all of them. That collection is maybe my most treasured thing in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

a lot, but not everything:

on cd:

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin IV

Houses of the Holy

Physical Graffiti

How the West Was Won

The Song remains the same

Celebration Day

Early Days and Latter days

BBC Sessions

Box Set 2

3 or 4 bootlegs

Years ago on vinyl I had Led Zeppelin II, and Presence.

I'm afraid my Led Zeppelin collection is limited to The Mothership compilation. I received Physical Graffiti as birthday present when I was 16, but I threw it away along with several other vinyl albums in 1987 when I was moving. I know, I know...dumb move on my part.

On CD:

all albums - original releases

Led Zeppelin II Remastered

How The West Was Won

The Song Remains The Same (both versions)

BBC Sessions

Robert Plant: Shaken and Stirred, Pictures at 11

Coverdale/Page

Immigrant Song, Hey Hey What Can I do Single

DVD:

The Song Remains The Same (Blu Ray)

Led Zeppelin DVD

Celebration Day (Blu Ray and CD set)

VHS:

The Song Remains The Same

The First Cuts (TSRTS Bootleg)

Cassettes:

Box Set (the crop circles one)

53 bootleg cassettes

8-Track:

IV

Houses of the Holy

Reel to Reel:

Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Vinyl:

Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III (second press)

Led Zeppelin IV (porky pecko duck)

Houses of the Holy (second press)

Physical Graffiti, Presence

In Through The Out Door

Led Zeppelin II Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

Bootleg Vinyl:

BBC Sessions

Live In Seattle

Mudslide

Digital:

~170 downloaded cd bootlegs

~15 downloaded DVD bootlegs

A few changes to my collection

All official stuff on cd... original studio albums three times, tsrs two times... 227 commercially pressed boots... two versions of the TSRTS dvd... old and new... 6 commercially pressed boot dvd's... the solo official stuff... and about another 50 solo boots... a gazillion downloaded LZ & solo shows... on lp only have lucifers rising... (lost all my LP's about 10 years ago in a bad separation with my ex and never felt like rebuilding the collection... made an exception when LR came out)

Umm...is it sacrilege to admit that I do not have any vinyl, I don't have anything to play them on and have no room or shelves...err umm :run:

...I did admit a similar thing on a Queen forum and all hell broke loose

Not in my book. Unless you're a collector, I can't see the point of owning vinyl records if you don't have anything to play them on. Don't get me wrong. In many ways I preferred the sound of vinyl to CD's but my turntable gave up the ghost back in the 1980's and I'm not enough of a vinyl enthusiast to hunt down a turntable that still works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Looking for a couple of items if anyone can help or steer me in the right direction. i am looking for a Japanese acetate named "Zwarlul" there were two of these. I am also seeking the black and red Mothership promo blimp. Finders fee or top end Zeppelin trade as I have some real gems. Keep that Zeppelin flame alive!!

Not in my book. Unless you're a collector, I can't see the point of owning vinyl records if you don't have anything to play them on. Don't get me wrong. In many ways I preferred the sound of vinyl to CD's but my turntable gave up the ghost back in the 1980's and I'm not enough of a vinyl enthusiast to hunt down a turntable that still works.

I see they are selling many converter machines that you can transfer your album to CD. I am not aware how well these are for playing? At my mothers house I have a bunch of old vinyl records. One was the red vinyl of the Who Are You. I wish I could find my Beatles 65 album. Anyway, as far as LZ collectible's my concert stub is my best survivor. I will never know how I ever managed to keep that safe for all these years. A miracle really. I lost all my old newspapers including when Bowie was busted for weed here in Rochester and vowed to never return. He kept his promise. What a lame city this is. Its hard to believe LZ played here in 1968. If they had ever come back after IV was out, the building would have been ripped down. They would have sold the place out for a thousand years. So only 11 when they came here, I got to see them when I was 20 in '77. And to me, that was far better because they ahd all their best material out. The only thing I missed was In Through the Outdoor and Coda (but Coda doesn't count to many of us)

• 2 weeks later...

As I said in another thread, I have so much stuff... boxes FULL of vinyl, concert tour programs, books, tee-shirts, Plant autograph, books and mags from the 1970s, etc., etc. -- After holding onto it for 30+ years, I am selling it all. It's good to unburden :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post a couple more pics of some of my LZ rarities while I am on Christmas holidays. I have over 100 variations of the Led Zeppelin albums on vinyl, and all are slightly different in some aspect. Today I randomly selected some of my early Canadian pressings of the first 4 albums:

Led Zeppelin: original red Atlantic label. Still in the original shrink with price tag affixed.

Led Zeppelin II: original red Atlantic label.

Led Zeppelin III: Original red Atlantic label.

001b_zpsa645950b.jpg

I also have a rare early Canadian pressing of the fourth album. This is the only one I have ever run across in 35 years of collecting. It is the original green and red Atlantic label, but: 1) the cover has the record slot on the inside, 2) the lantern star is purple and not yellow, and, 3) the rear cover has the track listing sticker printed right onto the card stock. This is not a sticker as was seen on the exterior shrink wrap; it is printed onto the cover.

002b_zps7d3f425a.jpg

003b_zpsc034a510.jpg

005b_zpsdf3d7cbd.jpg

006b_zps5522754e.jpg

007b_zpscf66f5a6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I WAS going to list my Zep collection -but then I saw Oleg's pic of HIS collection...and I had immediate

penal shrinkage. I ain't whippin' mine out when Oleg has his flaying in the wind boys!!

Oleg - I'm in AWE Brother....all hail the mighty Oleg!!

I will say that my favorite item is my vinyl copy of Led Zeppelin III with the etched credo "Do What thou Wilt" on the side one run-out

and "So Mote Be It" on the side two run-out. I found the etchings years after I bought the copy and it changed my Life.

Hey Oleg, I'd like to get some specifics about your pic. I can see all your 45's the bottom shelves but I don't think they can all be CDs on the rest.

I tried to explain

det.jpg

Sorry for mistake, I have 70 US stock singles (I have counted images and there are 2 of them for one single)

I wanted to say thank you to Tony / LZ77 for giving me the chance to add another item to my JFK run. I finally added a frisbee to my collection! Thank you Tony! I just need the t-shirt but the odds of obtaining one are very slim.

JFKset50c.jpg

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Archived