How do you listen to Led Zeppelin?

Janvier

76 members have voted

1. 1. What media/gadgets are you using to play Zeppelin?

• Compact disc
    • Vinyl record
    • iPod or similar
    • Web stream (youtube, grooveshark or similar)
    • Audio cassette
    • Home stream (Wi Fi or other)
    • Other

What media / gadgets are you using to play Led Zeppelin most often?

I included seven categories, if there should be another please elaborate:

- Compact Disc

- Vinyl LP

- iPod or similar

- Web streaming (youtube, grooveshark or similar)

-Audio cassette

-Wi Fi stream (or similar)

-Other

Maybe it's just me but I've always thought of YouTube as a visual medium not an aural one. Obviously people can just listen to YouTube clips but speaking from my own personal experience, I'm usually watching them as well.

Answer to poll question: Web stream (currently through You/Tube).

Hi Jahfin. I watch YouTube for the visuals too, but they also have a nice feature to create custom playlists. I like that for convenience sake. Instead of having to mess with changing CD's or my Itunes library, I let my Y/T playlist with 75+ Zep tunes/clips run in the background.

The downside is occasional lag and you do have to have an account with them (but it's free, at least for now). Anyway, for sheer convenience I find it useful. I also do play the CD's and once I get my new turntable hooked up (!) I will be able to finally see the difference in the audio quality.

Almost forgot to mention that I'm no audiophile, but as you probably know many of the clips on You/Tube are in the HD format now and sound really good to me (with a good headset). Don't take this as a big sell on You/Tube as a whole though, because imo, they have gone downhill in many ways since Google bought them out a couple years ago. (sorry little off/topic but wanted to clarify that) :)

Actually Youtube isn't a bad source for stuff not found commercially. It isn't difficult to download a clip and then convert to audio files if one is inclined to do that. It isn't my first choice for sure but it isn't really that bad.

I'm not trying to knock YouTube as a way of listening to Zeppelin, I'm just saying I tend to think of it more as a visual medium. That said, I'm well aware that sometimes entire concerts are uploaded there (such as ones by our own Conneyfogle) that are audio only and contain no visual elements other than maybe some photos.

I'm not trying to knock YouTube as a way of listening to Zeppelin, I'm just saying I tend to think of it more as a visual medium. That said, I'm well aware that sometimes entire concerts are uploaded there (such as ones by our own Conneyfogle) that are audio only and contain no visual elements other than maybe some photos.

It's a good way to listen to a whole song before you decide whether to buy it on CD/iTunes or whatever. If you listen @ 1080P quality when available, the sound is OK. It's also a good way to see concert footage. My Led Zeppelin DVD is still in storage, so I watch some of the stuff I would otherwise watch on the DVD on there. Again, when available @ 1080P quality, it's like watching the DVD itself. You can even get Blu-Ray quality if the source material is of that quality. In fact, YouTube is capable of streaming 4K quality, although my monitor is maxed out @ 1080P resolution, unfortunately.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one vinyl (my uncle gave to me some of them) and one compact disc. I also look for great versions in Youtube. In past, I had a iPod that worked, but now I can't do nothing with it, but probably..., in the future...

• 2 years later...

Archived