2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

What a strange weekend the Tigers had in Cinci. We haven't done much right as a team in over 5 weeks, and things didn't start out much different last night on national TV. Then Aroldis Chapman comes in to wrap things up, and suddenly out of nowhere the 101 mph fastballs were looking quite juicy. Who would have thought ? Certainly not the 10,000 Tiger fans that made the 5 hour trip (If there weren't quite that many, they sure made their presence known).

Cabrerra and Fielder have been the two hottest hitters in the American League for the last month, but we're getting next to nothing from everyone else. Our bullpen is so beaten up that starter Porcello was ready to come in last night. We don't have a second baseman, Fister is hurting, our catcher is gone, and when Gerald Laird is DH'ing, you know you've got roster problems. I think when Fielder was acquired, everyone thought we were a shoo-in in the weak Central. We've got a lot of work to do, as this might be the poorest fielding Tigers team ever in my lifetime. The basics seem to be quite a struggle.

What a strange weekend the Tigers had in Cinci. We haven't done much right as a team in over 5 weeks, and things didn't start out much different last night on national TV. Then Aroldis Chapman comes in to wrap things up, and suddenly out of nowhere the 101 mph fastballs were looking quite juicy. Who would have thought ? Certainly not the 10,000 Tiger fans that made the 5 hour trip (If there weren't quite that many, they sure made their presence known).

Cabrerra and Fielder have been the two hottest hitters in the American League for the last month, but we're getting next to nothing from everyone else. Our bullpen is so beaten up that starter Porcello was ready to come in last night. We don't have a second baseman, Fister is hurting, our catcher is gone, and when Gerald Laird is DH'ing, you know you've got roster problems. I think when Fielder was acquired, everyone thought we were a shoo-in in the weak Central. We've got a lot of work to do, as this might be the poorest fielding Tigers team ever in my lifetime. The basics seem to be quite a struggle.

I watched the game last night. i bet the Tigers in fact. I played the Sunday night contest where you had to pick the game , money line and spread and over and under. I had Detroit in both categories, took the over (9) and picked the total score 14. It came out 13. I am waiting to see the standings. I have a good shot to win it. First place is $500 and second place is $250. I will be shocked if I do not get at least second. The Tigers have been disappointing as a whole so far. But I expect them to get better fast. Verlander should pitch better as the season continues, they must give him some run support. My Orioles are commiting way too many errors also. Just like your Tigers. But we are right there because we finally have some pitching. Hoping we can beat the Pirates up. They have been hitting the ball. Back to the Tigers, most have said they would be shocked if Detroit does not win the central. I think the White Sox would have to be their main competition and right now are a real threat.

My Orioles win again!!! I hear they are going after a starting pitcher which means they mean business. Which means for the first time in a long long time they believe they can make it. And they have the best closer in baseball at the moment in Johnson. Sometimes Schowalter mystifies me though. He waited until the 11th hour to put him in. One out in the 8th after they hit a two run shot on us and gave me a coronary. They were winning this game 8-2 and won it 8-6.

What fun is in store tomorrow? Matucs is pitching well lately. Nevermind his straight up record. Arrieta being pushed to the bullpen is pretty shocking. He went in and mowed the Yankees down in NY last time he faced them. I had high hopes for him. at least we keep winning and are keepiing pace. I do not give a shit if its a Wild card, Ill take it. I have a friend who owns a big business that is a Pittsburgh everything fan. Bet him ten a game. First one goes to the good guys. :party:

O's up 7-1 after a broken bat HR by Chris Davis. I have never seen that before. Tune in again. You never know what you may see with this bunch of birds.

This is in no way vindication for the '79 WS loss but it sure feels good.

O's up 7-1 after a broken bat HR by Chris Davis. I have never seen that before. Tune in again. You never know what you may see with this bunch of birds.

This is in no way vindication for the '79 WS loss but it sure feels good.

I am loving what the Orioles are doing. I follow on my computer as I cant get the game here. Go O's!

I am loving what the Orioles are doing. I follow on my computer as I cant get the game here. Go O's!

Nice evening! Just wait till Markakis and Reimold get back :)

It looks like it's the year of the no hitter. Matt Cain just tossed a perfect game vs. the Astros...

Yes I just watched the end of it as they put the game on MLB> Let his wife in the dugout which was a nice gesture. Its hard to believe there have only been 22 and 2 this year! You would think there would be more than 22 since the turn of the century. Meaning 1900.

It was 10-0 and now its 10-5. Why the fuck doesnt Schowalter pull this fucking pitcher!!! What the fuck is his major malfunction? does he want it to be 10-9? Pull this fucking pitcher numb nuts!!!!! :mad:

It seemed to have worked out nicely... :D

Oh yeah. Tonight is the start of the Orioles/Mets series. R.A. Dickey is going to have that knuckleball dancing. I hope your O's are ready for it Rick.

baseball-066.gif

i realize he is having a great year and the Mets have hit for him. But do not be fooled by Jake Arrieta's record. He mowed down the Yankees and was geat in his last outing. Forget the team he beat, maybe Pittsburgh? I say the O's will win because I just feel the American league teams like the O's are just plain better. I say the O's win this game and series.

Yeah that knuckle ball does not spin. Its tough to hit. Wilbur Wood had a good one. I forgot the pitchers must bat. Yikes. this is going to be tough. Even though we took care of Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Yes sir Mr Carruthers your boys got the best of us. If the Mets had 4 Dickey's they might win the division. That division is so unpredictable maybe they will finally pull one out? The Phillies are sure underachieving. Who would have thought Cliff Lee would have the record he has? I expect my birds to bounce back tonight. Arrieta was good but it was not his lucky night. One bad pitch cost him 4 fucking runs. I am expecting Atlanta to end the Yankees streak tonight. I am just surprised they are getting every break. They have won alot of games they should have lost. Yet they are only two up. Time for us to make a run. What happened to Texas's bats? They were scoring all those runs and now they are scoring about 2 a game? Shoved it up my ass good last night. I had Arizona and Texas both parlayed, but had Texas minus 1 1/2. Fuckers.

It doesn't get any easier for the Birds tonight. R.A. Dickey's knuckleball last night, now tonight you got Johan Santana & that devastating change-up. Sounds like a 2 for 0 situation tonight. About winning the division, I don't know. Right now the Mets are only 4 back, but you never know which team is gonna show up. The team that looked like world beaters against the Rays or the team that got swept by the Yanks & the Reds. I expect the Mets to be competitive & stay over that .500 clip, but a divison title might be too much to ask for, but it would certainly be sweet if they did pull it off. A lot of baseball left to be played.

FUCK THE GIANTS!!! :P

The Angels have righted the ship after their dismal launch of the season. But now we really see if their championship prospects are viable as Jered Weaver makes his return from the disabled list tonight against the @#$%&* Giants.

If Weaver can return to form and be the ACE of the staff again, the Angels will be formidable the rest of the way.

Well my birds are hanging tough. Thanks for nothing Mets. Tied the game at 5 and then lost. We will have to settle matters on our own. I voted in the MLB site for the all star game. You can vote 25 times and then they give you a 15 percent discount with a promo code on a purchase at the MLB store. Whippeee!. Some of my votes. Catcher, Weiters. Outfield Jones. Yes both Orioles. But I proved my fairness by voting in 3 Yankees. Granderson, Cabo and A Rod (only because I think he will get in no matter). But who knows. Of course the outfielder from Texas, J Hamilton who is cinch.

Archived