2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

We have something now that we did not have before. A reliable closer. We have Johnson. He leads the league in saves.

We need a third baseman with range and a first baseman that can field routine throws, then we will be complete.

:offtopic:

Hey shit for brains,no load,asshole,......I was responding to Strider.Don't like it,then fuck you and how would you like a size 13 boot up your worthless ass?

Or should I take a ride and kick you loose from your Illegitimate spine?

They did it. A no hitter against arguably the best team in baseball. Wow!

The Dodgers the best team in baseball? Not without Matt Kemp. Kemp's absence has left the Dodgers exposed as Ethier and the 7 dwarves. "Best teams in baseball" don't get swept at home by Milwaukee or crushed by Colorado.

In fact, I have a friendly wager with a Dodger fan that the Angels finish with a better record than the Dodgers.

My friend is in New York for the Book show and was at the Yankee-Mets game last night...he was rooting for the Mets unfortunately.

My friend is in New York for the Book show and was at the Yankee-Mets game last night...he was rooting for the Mets unfortunately.

I'm rooting for a ginormouse sinkhole to open up... :)

You just cannot predict this game any more. Phillies lost 6 st and we let them score 6 in one inning. Almost came back but not good enough. I think Arrieta may be the key to this team. He must come through. The middle relief and Johnson as a closer are good enough. The bats must be better. Is there any news on Brian Robertts Ebk? If you happen to read this?

I'm rooting for a ginormouse sinkhole to open up... :)

Yeah, not a good night to root for the Mets. It was my friend's first trip to Yankee Stadium, though...albeit the "new" Yankee Stadiium. He missed out on the original.

I couldn't quite tell your meaning, though, ebk...are you anti-Met, anti-Yankee, anti-Yankee Stadium, or anti-all things New York?

Meanwhile, that scourge is back; the plague of inter-league play. What, I'm supposed to give a rat's ass about the Colorado Rockies? Give me a break. Didn't we just have interleague play a couple weeks ago? Enough already!

Give me the Royals! Give me the A's! Give me the Rangers! Give me the Twins! Give me the Tigers! Give me our tradional rivals with balanced home-and-away series.

Stop mucking up the rhythms and rituals of the season Bud! :thumbdown:

Yeah, not a good night to root for the Mets. It was my friend's first trip to Yankee Stadium, though...albeit the "new" Yankee Stadiium. He missed out on the original.

I couldn't quite tell your meaning, though, ebk...are you anti-Met, anti-Yankee, anti-Yankee Stadium, or anti-all things New York?

Meanwhile, that scourge is back; the plague of inter-league play. What, I'm supposed to give a rat's ass about the Colorado Rockies? Give me a break. Didn't we just have interleague play a couple weeks ago? Enough already!

Give me the Royals! Give me the A's! Give me the Rangers! Give me the Twins! Give me the Tigers! Give me our tradional rivals with balanced home-and-away series.

Stop mucking up the rhythms and rituals of the season Bud! :thumbdown:

Gotta say, they did a really nice job with the new Yankee Stadium. Clean, wide concourses from where you can see the field. And sitting in your seat, it looks almost just like the old one.

My comment was aimed at the teams. Oddly enough, while I looooooove NYC and would move there in a heartbeat as soon as I had all the money in the world, I can't stand any of the sports teams there. I'll never give up on the teams of my childhood... O's all the way (no matter how painful) :D

As far as interleague play goes, I'm with you. I hate it. That said, with the realignment of the teams next year, there will be an interleague play every damn day. This may open things up for a total shake-up of the leagues and divisions. We'll see...

Gotta say, they did a really nice job with the new Yankee Stadium. Clean, wide concourses from where you can see the field. And sitting in your seat, it looks almost just like the old one.

My comment was aimed at the teams. Oddly enough, while I looooooove NYC and would move there in a heartbeat as soon as I had all the money in the world, I can't stand any of the sports teams there. I'll never give up on the teams of my childhood... O's all the way (no matter how painful) :D

As far as interleague play goes, I'm with you. I hate it. That said, with the realignment of the teams next year, there will be an interleague play every damn day. This may open things up for a total shake-up of the leagues and divisions. We'll see...

So no news on Brian Roberts EBK? Another big win today. The pain I believe is over EBK. We now have respectable middle relief and we have a close in Johnson. I am in total disagreement on the Interleague play. I love it. I think its great for the game and I just do not get you "old school" types. You are talking like those that we had to almost break their arms to allow a wild card team. Hell, its good for the game and for the ridiculous salaries these players are getting, the added revenue is a must. Orioles play the Pirates after Philly and I have a bet with a guy that owns a local business and is a Pittsburgh maniac. Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, you name it. I plan to take his arse apart. They are hitting pretty good and took care of KC. But K/C is KC. The Orioles are not going to be kicked around any longer. I love interleague.

So no news on Brian Roberts EBK? Another big win today. The pain I believe is over EBK. We now have respectable middle relief and we have a close in Johnson. I am in total disagreement on the Interleague play. I love it. I think its great for the game and I just do not get you "old school" types. You are talking like those that we had to almost break their arms to allow a wild card team. Hell, its good for the game and for the ridiculous salaries these players are getting, the added revenue is a must. Orioles play the Pirates after Philly and I have a bet with a guy that owns a local business and is a Pittsburgh maniac. Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, you name it. I plan to take his arse apart. They are hitting pretty good and took care of KC. But K/C is KC. The Orioles are not going to be kicked around any longer. I love interleague.

Just checked - Roberts is now in AAA Norfolk hitting almost .300. I don't know when they plan on bringing him up, but it looks like he's doing fine.

I hate interleague the way it is now. It's disruptive to the season since they're still playing American and National leagues. I am strangely receptive (for me anyway, since I'm "old school") to the idea of getting rid of the separate leagues next season and reorganizing into regional divisions. That would make total sense since there will have to be interleague games every day. My only fear is that, as usual, Bud will find a way to totally fuck it up... He's a plague.

Just checked - Roberts is now in AAA Norfolk hitting almost .300. I don't know when they plan on bringing him up, but it looks like he's doing fine.

I hate interleague the way it is now. It's disruptive to the season since they're still playing American and National leagues. I am strangely receptive (for me anyway, since I'm "old school") to the idea of getting rid of the separate leagues next season and reorganizing into regional divisions. That would make total sense since there will have to be interleague games every day. My only fear is that, as usual, Bud will find a way to totally fuck it up... He's a plague.

That is great news so it sound like his return is coming soon? I do not know why you would not welcome a four game set vs the National League East? I think we should come out of it ok? Cliff Lee today. I can only get the Yankees and Mets mostly here. And Braves I think also. Cant get the Orioles unless I pay out the ass for MLB channel. I buy the NHL every year and that is enough.

Great day at the ballpark!!

Rub it in EBK> I cant even watch a game. I follow them on my computer and you get to go. Lucky you. Hey, I am just happy things are different finally. I think they will stay in the race. The Mets should have won today. Winning run at third and all they needed was a sacrrifice. We are in a tough division but we are keeping pace. I hope Roberts is ready soon and is effective. Gotta love what Johnson is doing.

Archived