LZ songs just you don't like...

DragonTelecaster

Did you actually listen to the whole thing?

Yes i did and it was aural torture! So ponderous and lumbering it almost falls over itself. They should have replaced it with Wearing and Tearing - an uptempo rocker with riffing guitars and no crap synths! How this song together with Ozone Baby and Darlene could have been left off ITTOD i don't know! Could have redeemed a poor album by previous Zep standards!

Hats Off: I used to hate, but no more. Actually, is great. Not a classic, but great. So unique.

Down By The Seaside: some parts are boring, ruining the song.

Night Flight / Boogie With Stu / Black Country Woman / Poor Tom: just irrelevant.

Tea For One: awesome intro, suddenly turns to disappointing, seems a weak version of SIBLY. Good solo, anyway.

I think your hearing is defective, Black Country Woman is brilliant, Boogie With Stu shows JPJ'S piano skills all the rest are examples of Zeppelins versatility. You say some songs are irrelevant, aren't most of them unless of course you look for deep hidden meanings in each track. Which in my opinion makes you a weirdo.Maybe you should stick to beach football.

I bought ITTOD on the day of worldwide release back in aug '79 and haven't changed my opinion in the intervening 33 years - sorry!

Go back and give it another listen - a great album.

On a different note, I'm shocked when I read the songs that people don't like by Zeppelin. I can honestly say that there isn't one I dislike by the band nor is there an album I dislike. Everything is so interesting, an artistic journey of sounds, feeling, and vibe.

I think your hearing is defective, Black Country Woman is brilliant, Boogie With Stu shows JPJ'S piano skills all the rest are examples of Zeppelins versatility. You say some songs are irrelevant, aren't most of them unless of course you look for deep hidden meanings in each track. Which in my opinion makes you a weirdo.Maybe you should stick to beach football.

I believe that it is Ian Stewart on piano. Hence the name, Boogie with Stu. It is just a silly, fun song that makes me happy.

I also love Poor Tom, especially the drumming. Don't know why.

Poor Tom scared me when I first heard it.

LZ Songs I Just Don't Like: none.

Just seems to be several I am drawn to more than the others. Recently, Friends and That's The Way have been played so much that I am expecting to get a cease and desist letter from my Home Owner's Association for noise pollution.

I believe that it is Ian Stewart on piano. Hence the name, Boogie with Stu. It is just a silly, fun song that makes me happy.

I also love Poor Tom, especially the drumming. Don't know why.

Yes it is "Stu" on piano.

This is one of those unexplained mysteries (although it probably has been discussed on the thread of the same name?).

Of the two "special guests" on VI only Sandy Denny was "given" a rune / symbol, Ian Stewart was not.

Perhaps it had something to do with the Stones?

In answer to your question, John Bonham.

Yes it is "Stu" on piano.

This is one of those unexplained mysteries (although it probably has been discussed on the thread of the same name?).

Of the two "special guests" on VI only Sandy Denny was "given" a rune / symbol, Ian Stewart was not.

Perhaps it had something to do with the Stones?

In answer to your question, John Bonham.

I read somewhere that when they used the Stones mobile studio at Headley GrangeorStagroves, Stu kinda came with it. He knew the guys of course, and when the tune came up they asked him to sit in......

Hats off to Roy Harper. I don't get what they tried to achieve with this one, and never bothered to listen to it until the end, to be honest.

...I think they were just trying to interpret "old delta blues" in a Led Zep way......Just another musical example within their wide range of appreciated styles....

yeah, it may not be for everyone, but given the album it is on, it seems to be a fit......Not sure if it would fit on any other record of theirs?...maybe P/G?...cheers

Did you read the title of the topic? Hey hey mama, sorry for make u cry about my opinions. I only said this songs are irrelevant (whatever) to me.

Poor Joe.

You and I share the same feeling on this. I'm shocked at some of the songs that people have listed that they don't like. I like them all!

Plus one! Even songs I dont care for, I can appreciate what the band was trying to accomplish and how important that is to appreciating the particular song.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the stuff on In Through the Out Door. At that point, it seemed pretty obvious that band was drained of all their creativity. And the new progressive electronic sound just kinda dulled their brand of music.

Whole-heartedly disagree.

Pretty much the entire albums of Coda and Brown Paper Bag (In through the out door, especially Hot Dog).

Also, I hate Dyer Maker. One of the worst songs I ever heard. I still can't believe it was so popular on the radio back in the 70's.

• 2 years later...

Bringing up an old thread...

The only songs I regularly skip are Moby Dick and Since I've Been Loving You.

I'm a drummer and John Bonham is my biggest influence, but rarely do I want to listen to a drum solo.

Since I've Been Loving You just doesn't do it for me. As far as their down tempo blues jams go, I was spoiled on You Shook Me and I Can't Quit You Baby. No matter how many times I listen to those two I feel like the band's liable to change it up and jam something new. The entire band is overflowing with emotion on both songs and they each make a new listen worthwhile. Compared to those tracks, Since I've Been Loving You is way too formulaic and square. It sounds like they went into the studio knowing exactly what they wanted to lay down and then didn't deviate from that path. The ending is pretty great, but I'm not usually willing to listen to the first six minutes just to hear the final one and a half.

Achille's Last Stand, at least half of ITTOD, Darlene, and Poor Tom.

:blink::poke:

A few of the tracks from ITTOD I can't wrap my head around. "Hats Off to Roy Harper" is a strange one, too. I love "Poor Tom" and a lot of the other ones being mentioned. "Candy Store Rock" is groovy, as is "Tea For One" bluesy; I think it's a much more mature blues song that "Since I've Been Loving You" is.Not as big of a fan of "Wearing and Tearing," although the live version Jimmy and Robert did kicks the studio version's ass (although the drummer is shit)

Sure, I like some Zeppelin songs less than others, but there isn't a single one I actually dislike.

Thinking about it, my least favourite might be South Bound Suarez - but I do still like it.

If that makes sense!

Zero, Zilch, Nada bad songs for me. I love Presence, but favor ITTOD more, and I kinda feel Presence was not really an official album. It kinda feels like Coda where songs were randomly added and not fully prepaired.

Presense seems like some songs are from Physical and many of the Physical songs were extra from Houses... so that really leads and opens many doors.

III is probably my favorite album, but I tend to skip over Immigrant Song. Love the song, but sometimes find it annoying and not in mood to hear type thing. I just like to dive into Friends and it takes off with Celebration Day. III seems like a very bouncy album. Heavy to Mellow to Heavy to Mellow...etc

Archived