Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

It may not be conclusive but it is an important piece of evidence favoring the defense. A photo showing bloody injuries on the back of GZ's head would indicate that there was deadly force used by TM, not just TM defending himself. If the prosecutor withheld important evidence in an affidavit submitted under oath then the affidavit did not contain the whole truth. If they were aware of evidence favoring GZ and deliberately made a decision to keep that evidence out of the affidavit then this borders on perjury.

I take your point and you make it very well. I think where we differ is on how much can be read into the photo and how helpful it is for the defence. It might be perfectly acceptable to cause the injuries seen in the photo to a person who flashes/points his gun at you. I would still consider that defending yourself and wouldn't think it would have any determinative effect on the murder 2 charge, thus making its exclusion from the affidavit unremarkable. We just don't know how it all went down. Even after a trial I doubt we will ever really know.

Unfortunately, this is done all the time. They only include the information that supports the charge they make and they also overcharge. That is why there are so many plea bargains because people are so fearful of what will happen with a jury if they cannot be convinced of their innocence and they plea bargain to get lower charges or a lesser sentence than might be given in a jury trial.

I couldn't agree more. It is despicable.

How about this new revelation?

http://ca.news.yahoo...-123637160.html

If I was GZ's lawyer I would be pretty angry at my client right now. He led a bunch of evidence to basically say GZ was impecunious.

I don't think it's fair to base bail on what you think someone can afford.

The guy had the foresight to create a fundraising site to cover his legal expenses, and they want to take it for bail?

That's pretty fucked.

I imagine that money was steadily built over the couple weeks he had the site up, rather than having $200K "in-hand" the first day.

I think it's a non-issue and shouldn't be considered.

These cases end up costing tons of money, and if the client can scrounge up a portion of it, that should be a good thing.

Not like he's spending it on Vegas vacations and massages.

Oh wait, that's right - that's the GSA.

lulz.

^ We know where $100 of that $200,000 came from...... ;)

lulz

You can't be serious.

I'm married with 3 kids.

I can barely afford to pay my own bills.

I'm not lining up to pay someone else's.

OAN, so after all this, you apparently still consider me a "supporter" of Zimmerman?

Wow.

All-righty then.

I don't think it's fair to base bail on what you think someone can afford.

The guy had the foresight to create a fundraising site to cover his legal expenses, and they want to take it for bail?

That's pretty fucked.

When you post bail, you don't actually give up the money permanently, you just post it as security for your attendance in court. If you don't show up, you forfeit the money. The reason why it is important to know what someone can afford is you want to set the bail high enough that it will act as a disincentive to skipping town. Obviously if you set bail for a billionaire at $50,000.00 it is not as much of a disincentive as if you do the same for a bus driver. In this case GZ has "found money" in the amount of $200,000.00. He didn't have to earn it. One could argue the fact it was given to him impacts on his willingness to part with that money. It was a very important fact for the court to know (and it was specifically asked about at the bail hearing).

You should also keep in mind that nowadays, in most states (including Florida), there are bail bondsman who will post bail on your behalf. You pay them 10% of the amount (which they keep) and they post the full amount of bail. They get it back when you have completed your obligation to stand trial. So in this case, GZ likely only paid $15,000.00 for bail. So a higher bail amount might have been appropriate and would still have left him money to conduct his defence (His lawyer is also setting up another fund and has done some work pro bono).

But all of that aside, the bigger issue is that nobody disclosed the amount to the court. We were discussing perjury yesterday. If one of his relatives who testified and was asked about the defence fund knew and answered untruthfully, that would be a significant issue.

btw: Just as a side note, remember Dog The Bounty Hunter? He was chasing people who had skipped bail. The reason he did that is he would get paid by the bail bondsman for getting these guys into court so that the bail bondsman could get their money back.

lulz

You can't be serious.

I'm married with 3 kids.

I can barely afford to pay my own bills.

I'm not lining up to pay someone else's.

OAN, so after all this, you apparently still consider me a "supporter" of Zimmerman?

Wow.

All-righty then.

I think he was referring to a banned member who posted a while back on the old thread that he had donated $100.

Type O, of course I wasn't speaking about you, just referencing your post. That psycho dude from the other thread who told us he sent the Benji to GZ's fund is who I was referring to. You and I have always been solid, even though we don't always agree - I am not going to publically disrespect you!

Peace.

Another troubling aspect of the prosecution's case is that they didn't include in their affidavit a photo showing blood dripping from wounds on the back of GZ's head:

zimmerman_head_abc.001.jpg

The photo could help support GZ's claim that he shot TM in self-defense. According to legal analysts, if the prosecution had access to the photo they may be guilty of committing an ethical violation, and potentially may have committed a criminal act by charging GZ with second degree murder.

Facts never count over emotion.

Facts never count over emotion.

If emotion ranks so high, then why was this picture not sold, errr surfaced, when the emotions were running highest? That would have made the most money for the owner, right?

I could be wrong but I believe this photo to not be Zimmerman's head, the reason being this chap seems to be quite bald in the horseshoe pattern. GZ head, though shaved, only showed early thinning in the crown, not the drastic complete baldness of this guy's head. Thank again, it could be the lighting but I don't think so.

The charge of 2nd degree murder was initially a good one, the reason being is the prosecution will usually go for a higher count in an effort to force a plea deal or, should the case go to trial, allow the jury the option of convicting to a lessor charge of manslaughter. From the evidence presented it appears manslaughter was indeed the case based simply on the fact Zimmerman chose to pursue Martin initially which resulted in the shooting. Even if Martin attacked Zimmerman the prosecution can argue the attack would not have taken place had Zimmerman not initiated the confrontation due to his original action.

It is a shame minorities on both sides (the four members of the new black panthers and the one or two skinheads) are fanning the fires, we should be beyond such classifications at this stage. All I care about is a man is dead and for no reason, I don't care about the race of either.

Regarding the Alabama beating the truth is out on that and cannot be tied to the Martin case. A psychologically unstable man with a long criminal history tried to attack children on his street with kitchen knives. The parents of the children came to his house and put the beat down on him. Case closed. Was this right? Was this justice? Hell no! No one is allowed to take the law into their own hands. They should have called the police and let them handle it.

Type O, of course I wasn't speaking about you, just referencing your post. That psycho dude from the other thread who told us he sent the Benji to GZ's fund is who I was referring to. You and I have always been solid, even though we don't always agree - I am not going to publically disrespect you!

Peace.

D'oh!

I thought maybe since the old thread wasn't around to check, you might have confused me with the "donation" guy.

My bad.

There's no justice, there's just us. When right wing partisan politics made it so Zimmerman wasn't even arrested and the initial investigation was compromised, that wasn't justice. And when left wing partisan politics pressured the special prosecutor into filing 2nd degree murder charges, that wasn't justice either. Justice would have been a full, impartial initial investigation without politics being involved. The US (in)justice system is a joke.

The US (in)justice system is a joke.

Especially in California where they got permission to release almost 50,000 prisoners.

I'm sure none will be repeat offenders ey? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The mainstream media has backed off of the case which they have tried, and at time succeeded, to divide people of different races on.

According to ABC News, George Zimmerman's family doctor saw him the morning after the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Here's what George Zimmerman's doctor found: A broken nose, two black eyes, bruises on his face and lip, two cuts on the back of his head, and a back injury.

The NBC affiliate in Florida is reporting that the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Trayvon Martin found only two injuries on his body: the gunshot wound and broken skin on his knuckles.

Shame on the mainstream media for making this into such a racially divisive story to sell advertising time/to get ratings at anyone's cost.

It's also worth noting that the people who treated Zimmerman the night of the shooting did not even give him a band-aid for his cuts that night, so the cuts were superficial, did not use gloves when taking him in for questioning at police headquarters, so he did not bleed from the head after being cleaned up and did not suffer a concussion (according to the family physician's report) even though he was allegedly having his head banged on the concrete for at least a minute and to the point where he claimed he was beginning to lose consciousness.

One last thing, Martin was not shot at close range either. His fatal gunshot wound is characterized as an intermediate range distance away....

...and that a police report concluded that "the encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman." & that another police report reveals that "According to record checks, all of Zimmerman's suspicious person's calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified black males as the subjects." G'night all, for now...

...and that a police report concluded that "the encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman." & that another police report reveals that "According to record checks, all of Zimmerman's suspicious person's calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified black males as the subjects." G'night all, for now...

Archived