Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

It seems that if someone is at the extended arm movement of bashing another one's head into the ground, that would basically be at the arms length full extension, right? Does a man have arms that when extended are less than twelve inches in length from bloody knuckles to the back of another mans bloody head. I tried to model it in 3D software and I came up with NO.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make.

Zimmerman's arm would almost certainly be bent, reaching for a concealed weapon.

Probably a shoulder holster, where your right arm would be bent at the elbow and your hand resting near your left ribcage.

Pull it from the holster and fire.

Arm doesn't need to be fully extended to pull the trigger.

I don't see how 3D modeling would be necessary to envision this.

Ohhhh - maybe you were employing hyperbole to demonstrate your disdain for my comment.

All this information is simply superfluous because in the end Mr. Zimmerman cannot escape the simple fact this is a textbook case of manslaughter. According to current Florida law,"the killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification...," Also, "There has been quite a bit of discussion of how to differentiate manslaughter from first and second degree murder, but what it comes down to is this: <legal stuff unrelated to my reply>

Not superfluous at all.

You're ignoring the human element.

When has a legal case - especially a high-profile case - ever run so smoothly as to simply look at the facts and render a just verdict?

If that was the standard, OJ, Casey Anthony and all the rest would have been convicted.

All the things you cite as superfluous will be huge factors each side will put into play in order to influence the jurors.

And let's not even begin on jurors.

The minute they are chosen for the jury, they'll be looking up agents and lawyers to handle their future book deals for being on the latest "case of the century".

Your comment holds true only in a figurative vacuum, removed and partitioned from the realities of our legal system.

And I'm not saying that's a good thing.

I often wish things were that simple.

Considering a positive test could occur up to 2 months past when it was used, I would hardly think it was something of note....

That's just in hair, correct?

I always understood bloodstream tests would be clear after 72 hours.

ahem.... Not that I'm concerned about that personally, mind you... ahem.

Considering a positive test could occur up to 2 months past when it was used, I would hardly think it was something of note....er' unless your moral code hasn't had a once over since sometime in 1955. As Jahfin suggests, the drug's effects are usually not violent. Not picking on you, because the media as a whole seemed to play this angle up quite a bit, including CNN, which kind of surprised me.

Reason why it is "of note" is because GZ said in the 911 call that he thought the kid was acting strange like he was on drugs. This would just confirm the possible drug use.

Oops! Double post.

I know urine tests positive for 30 days, give or take a few days depending on the volume of use. Or so I've been told. ;)

I think you might have weed and coke confused. Coke will test for only up to 72 hours in your piss and blood. That's why hair tests are used. Weed (thc) is stored in your body's fat cells and slowly released thru your blood and urine over several weeks or months, depending on frequency of use.

I think you might have weed and coke confused. Coke will test for only up to 72 hours in your piss and blood. That's why hair tests are used. Weed (thc) is stored in your body's fat cells and slowly released thru your blood and urine over several weeks or months, depending on frequency of use.

Guess I need to start using coke!

I keed, I keed.

I already use coke.

JAY KAY!

But seriously...

Not a thing mentioned here how yesterday 4 witness's to the altercation have now changed their original stories against Zimmerman, including that one witness now says she saw Zimmerman on top during the altercation, one now describing describing Zimmerman's tone as casual after the shooting as if it were "nothing", & how another witness now changed his story from Zimmerman calling for help to not being sure who was calling for help. I think that this might have been big news on this thread.

Not a thing mentioned here how yesterday 4 witness's to the altercation have now changed their original stories against Zimmerman, including that one witness now says she saw Zimmerman on top during the altercation, one now describing describing Zimmerman's tone as casual after the shooting as if it were "nothing", & how another witness now changed his story from Zimmerman calling for help to not being sure who was calling for help. I think that this might have been big news on this thread.

Nah, we're all too busy thinking about when our urine, etc. will be clean from "extra-curricular" activities! ;)

:lol:

Since people are making a big deal about weed being in TM's system, let's not overlook what GZ is on:

ALSO: you can't claim self defense when you start the fight.

After taking Temazepam, patients should not be walking around trying to watch anything or anyone. They are cautioned that if they do not sleep for at least 7-8 hours after taking the drug, they may experience memory loss.

Since people are making a big deal about weed being in TM's system, let's not overlook what GZ is on:

ALSO: you can't claim self defense when you start the fight.

After taking Temazepam, patients should not be walking around trying to watch anything or anyone. They are cautioned that if they do not sleep for at least 7-8 hours after taking the drug, they may experience memory loss.

If you posted information about what GZ was on, it didn't come out after your: . They didn't do a toxicology report, I thought. Was this a prescription that he was taking at the time?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Zimmerman is spending this week in jail, after his bond was revoked and the judge is currently out of town.... An undisclosed passport and money that was not reported to the court were the reasons given for the bond being revoked.

Looks like his wife is in hot water too, deservingly so.

I remember when this story went national and his father, brother and neighbor were making the rounds on the media defending him, I got the impression that they were all lying on his behalf.

I think its it unbelievably stupid that this guy has tried unsuccessfully to undermine the judge, his lawyer, the police and the media with his lies.

How can you sit there and hear your wife lie to the court and perjure herself???

• 2 weeks later...

But all of that aside, the bigger issue is that nobody disclosed the amount to the court. We were discussing perjury yesterday. If one of his relatives who testified and was asked about the defence fund knew and answered untruthfully, that would be a significant issue.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/zimmerman-wife-arrest-perjury-charges-210257372.html

Every once in a while I get one right!

Absolutely you were correct! The wife moved money just before the hearing and then right after he bonded out. She may be facing as much as 5 years for her perjury. Now onto the father and how much he did behind the scenes the night of the killing and the days following.....GZ won't get another bond hearing until the end of the month.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Opening arguments began today in Sanford, Florida. 6 female member jury, 4 alternates (2 male/2 female)....all but one, total, are white.

Let the circus begin....

What I hate is every single juror is already making their plans for book deals, interviews, etc.

We may never see anything close to justice in this country again for any big case.

What I hate is every single juror is already making their plans for book deals, interviews, etc.

We may never see anything close to justice in this country again for any big case.

Agreed! Nobody associated with a tried case should be able to sell "their story".

Agreed! Nobody associated with a tried case should be able to sell "their story".

It is illegal here in the UK for jurors to discuss anything to do with whatever case they may be sitting on outside of court anytime including after verdict has been passed.

Archived