No In Through the Out Door Material

kdh

The only song I'm surprised they didn't do was Heartbreaker.

..or ten years gone or the rain song or over the hills and far away or sick again or communication breakdown or achilles last stand or celebration day or the only one im genuinely surprised they didnt play which is in the evening the whole set looks obvious and utterly predictable now but no one said ah yes itll be these songs in this order and was right nickzepp being surprised isnt cool round here just behave as if you expected it to be exactly as it was...

..or ten years gone or the rain song or over the hills and far away or sick again or communication breakdown or achilles last stand or celebration day or the only one im genuinely surprised they didnt play which is in the evening the whole set looks obvious and utterly predictable now but no one said ah yes itll be these songs in this order and was right nickzepp being surprised isnt cool round here just behave as if you expected it to be exactly as it was...

:huh:

Not a fan of punctuation are we?

Anyways, they knew full well they couldn't please everyone with song selection. I thought it was a pretty killer set actually. I like the order and selection they chose. Nice to see For Your Life (which sounded killer) make it's debut as well as a few of the rarer Zeppelin live tracks surface, i.e. Ramble On, Good Times Bad Times.

B)

I thought it was a great set list - covered a lot of ground in a limited period of time. Sure we could go on and on about wishing they'd done certain songs but then they'd have to play all night :o:D Okay that might not have been so bad :lol: I'm sure it was quite a challenge to narrow the songs down to what they ended up with.

Not off ITTOD, but I think the one song that was missing (for me) was The Rain Song.

IMO it didn't really fit the set they put together. They put a lot more upbeat heavier songs. This was meant to be a very upbeat show. I love the Rain Song it was a staple for their last 7 or 8 years. But Heartbreaker was played all the way back to early 1969.

The last time they played Heartbreaker at a reunion show, well........it wasnt so good. I dont know if Jimmy coulda pulled it off with a bad finger. I guess the list could go on and on. Hot Dog would been kickass, ten years gone, woulda liked to heard Jason do the intro to the ocean, too. See, this can go on forever....the wanton song would have been cool, or the immigrant song... :notworthy: just too many to wish for

IMO it didn't really fit the set they put together. They put a lot more upbeat heavier songs. This was meant to be a very upbeat show. I love the Rain Song it was a staple for their last 7 or 8 years. But Heartbreaker was played all the way back to early 1969.

In My Time of Dying, and Dazed and Confused are upbeat?

Whatever man. :rolleyes:

I think The Rain Song would have slid in there quite nicely right after SIBLY.

I'm just saying that The Rain Song is the one song I think was missing...for me.

~Peace

In My Time of Dying, and Dazed and Confused are upbeat?

Whatever man. :rolleyes:

I think The Rain Song would have slid in there nicely right after SIBLY.

I'm just saying that The Rain Song is the one song I think was missing...for me.

~Peace

They are both a lot louder than the Rain Song. Outside of Stairway and maybe Ramble On they tried to play more intense songs.

My gut feeling on why no ITTOD songs are one of 2 things

1- ITTOD was the last record they made, so to not play a song from that one, perhaps they made a statement that this was not a retrospective of a career and their could be more to follow

2- ITTOD was the record most closely associated perhaps, to the loss of JB

-During that period wasnt Page really hooked on herion and doing the lucifer rising soundtrack? maybe that creeped out one or some of the guys, the bad memories?

Not off ITTOD, but I think the one song that was missing (for me) was The Rain Song.

Yeah, I was disappointed that they didn't play The Rain Song, especially since they did play The Song Remains The Same. Not that I'm saying they have to go together, but they were played sequentially for so many years...

• 5 years later...

I think it's agregious they didn't at least include In The Evening, it was an established part of the set there towards the end. They could have dropped something like Since I've Been Loving You, not that it's not a great song, but it's already well documented in a live setting. The only other change I would have made would be to add Achilles Last Stand. I think another interesting option would have been to go to a sound stage somewhere in the days following the O2 performance and recorded a few additional tracks in a kind of live in the studio setting, while they had the Zeppelin machine gassed up.

I agree about In The Evening. It should've been replacing MMH, IMO. As far as Achilles, I bet that song was too ambitious for Jason to play and maybe even Jimmy at that point. Plus, I think it was Knebby who said it before, they wanted to keep the number of long songs down. They already had No Quarter and Dazed in the set. Who knows on that one, but ITE definitely should've been there - IMO.

+1. Well said Walter, I couldn't have said it better myself!

Thank you! I've always felt that way and even more with Celebration Day being out. You went, correct? Did you wonder when they'd play something from ITTOD?

Yea, I was one of the fortunate.

I was keeping track in my head and noticed a lot of "Physical Graffitti" and "IV" being represented. I was hoping for "In the Evening" or "Hot Dog" (one of the few on here that LOVE that song!) during the regular set, but I kept looking at my watch and saw the time slipping away. One of the security personnel told me while I was waiting in line before the show that the O2 had a noise curfew of 11 PM, so when they played "Kashmir", all I could hope for was that one of the two would make it as an encore. But it was not to be. Leaving out "WLL" or "R&R" (my FAVORITE rock song of all time!) would have been far more tragic in my opinion.

I also find it interesting that no one complains much that "Coda" wasn't represented, although that was an album more of outakes than a regular studio album I guess.

Yes but they in exchange played ...

Good Times Bad Times... complete with rather annoying Jason Bonham backing vocals...

For Your Life.. not a great take, but still my personal highlight of the evening..

and an electrified Ramble On.

Also, don't forget there were many other artists playing that night .. It's not like they were going to play a 4 hour set.

AGREED! I had no complaints about the set list and was grateful for the gems of GTBT, RO and FYL. Even though "Rock 'n Roll" is my favorite song of all time, I'd have to say that "Kashmir" was the highlight of the night for me - and I really don't even care for the song (way over-played on classic rock stations - more so than "Stairway"). Of course, I wish they would have played all night, but was glad they did a full two hour set, gave a magnificent performance and had it professionally recorded for us.

Can't ever thank them enough for that Swan Song........

• 3 weeks later...

I would have loved to have heard something from Coda. Walters Walk or Ozone Baby would have been killer. Or even Darlene would have been cool. Always wanted to hear that guitar solo live, and it's followed by a pretty snazzy piano by JPJ.

Archived