John or Jason Bonham?

Don't forget The then surviving Beatles singing to an old John Lennon demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PAXDHd9gkY

To me that's very different. Queen did the same thing with most of Made In Heaven.

Tony Martin wrote a song around drum tracks the late Cozy Powell had recorded.

The live hologram thing to me is a whole different ballgame... as different as live vs studio.

But whatever. Time's are a changing.

It's good to see the Tony Martin, name being mentioned.

To me that's very different. Queen did the same thing with most of Made In Heaven.

Tony Martin wrote a song around drum tracks the late Cozy Powell had recorded.

The live hologram thing to me is a whole different ballgame... as different as live vs studio.

But whatever. Time's are a changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Jason in concert, love him and his respect for pops! Also respect the hell out of him going sober. BUT, if you think that he was better than John you must be an LZ newbie or someone that knows little of Bonzo's impact on the world of drums. Because Bill Ward was mentioned earlier let's throw in this tidbit now,"Bill ward -Black Sabbath:The first time Ward ever saw Bonham perform was in a club in England, when both drummers were just 15 years old. Ward clearly remembers that young Bonzo had chops beyond his years. Simply put: “He kicked ass.”Black Sabbath’s Bill Ward speaks fondly of his friend. “My earliest recollection of meeting John Bonham was at The Wharf Pub in Ombersley, Worcestershire, about 1964. He was with The Crawling King Snakes, playing popular songs of that era, plus blues and R&B. His rhythms were immaculate, making each song his own, turning it into something superb. A great example was “Morning Dew.” Of all the versions I heard, including the original, none compared to the King Snakes’, with John Bonham leading the pack.” Ward also had his kit demolished by Bonham and would never let him play them again.“(Bonham) is a historical figure in drumming because he was so outstanding, and all of us listen to Bonham to understand pace, timing and feel.” "Bonham was an inspiration when playing half-time blues,” remembers Bill Ward. “His grooves were always in the sweet spot, and he filled the emptiness between the fours of the snare with triplets and polyrhythms, astonishing the listener and gathering delighted applause for each splendid execution of what seemed the impossible.”

• 6 months later...

Archived