Lady Gaga

Juliet

Yeah, she's deffinately a talented artist. More so than I gave her credit for in the past.

Iv'e seen that 'Cheek to Cheek' album with Tony Bennett at the local music stores on all the front eye catching shelves.

It must be selling well.

hate to say but I like some of her stuff...it's great in the right time and plce (late night clubbing or drinking at the bar)...and yeh...i'd like to go see her...just for the fun and the show ;)

I caught her once and it really was a great show - and the party/people watching was top notch too! :yesnod:

:peace:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, congratulations to Lady Gaga on her engagement. I hope they have many happy years ahead of them!

Here is a video I just came across, with her performance from Sunday night's Oscars. How impressive her voice was, is a hot topic of conversation. It really shouldn't be as many know how beautiful and strong it is. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLH57pFhAkY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank goodness it's the weekend! :D 

Lady Gaga's fifth studio album titled Joanne has just been released and I am absolutely loving everything I've heard so far! After a preview on Amazon, YT and yes, even Itunes, I was sold! Placed an order for my copy today! Looking forward to receiving it in a few days! :hurrah:

As far as this album is concerned, there is something very open, raw and personal being shared here and I always appreciate that sort of thing from Gaga! :) 

This album has a whole 'Country Meets Electronic' sort of vibe to it.

I'll admit that Electronic Music is not my go-to genre (I'm more of a Blues, Progressive Rock, Garage Rock and Rockabilly kinda girl), but what that being said, if it involves Lady Gaga, then I am definitely interested! 

Here are just a few of my favourite songs from the album:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Getting back to the music before this thread goes down the tubes, I forgot to mention that there is a song on the album that really has this wonderful 'Freddie Mercury vibe' to it! It's called Just Another Day. I unfortunately, cannot find it any where online. But it is one of the most beautiful songs on the album, IMHO. It is piano based and really showcases her voice as it is meant to be! I'm just loving this stripped down version of Lady Gaga. Being a fan of hers, I have always been wishing for an album like this!

To see my point about the 'Freddie Mercury vibe', first listen to Just Another Day and then follow that up with Queen songs like Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy. It is bound to a beautiful musical journey! :D 

14 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

32076517.jpg

That's funny, I don't remember seeing any  Primus or video game music posts in this thread. Not sure how my post warranted a personal attack, but no problem. Memes, gifs and emojis bounce right off me. What else ya got?!

Gaga is a singing/songwriting hack, which is fine and harmless. And "Million Reasons" is an anthem for the perpetual victim who refuses to accept that responsibility in a relationship is a 2-way street. I'm sure it'll be a big hit with a lot of people.

On the other hand, she sure knows how to wear a meat dress!

2 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

That's funny, I don't remember seeing any  Primus or video game music posts in this thread. Not sure how my post warranted a personal attack, but no problem. Memes, gifs and emojis bounce right off me. What else ya got?!

Gaga is a singing/songwriting hack, which is fine and harmless. And "Million Reasons" is an anthem for the perpetual victim who refuses to accept that responsibility in a relationship is a 2-way street. I'm sure it'll be a big hit with a lot of people.

On the other hand, she sure knows how to wear a meat dress!

:zzz:

On 10/23/2016 at 6:13 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

How about the fact that you named yourself Badgeholder, aka a female groupie who sleeps with the band. 

Yeah, i'd sleep with the band. Something wrong with that?

All i did was post an opinion. Why do you take it so personal?

Get a grip.

22 hours ago, Juliet said:

Hello/Bonjour

Thanks for the review, Kiwi....

I think I will buy the cd now....

Juliet :wave:

Our copy will be here today.  I've been staying away from reviews, etc so I can hear it with fresh ears and no swaying opinions to take in.  I've only heard the first single - which didn't interest me much - and million reasons, which is a gem, IMO.  Looking forward to cranking it up over cocktails with Mrs W tonight!