VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

i'm a new fan to the band, and this might be common knowledge, but is there a particular reason why Eddie doesn't use his striped guitars anymore? I know one of them is buried with Dimebag Darrell, not sure about the other ones though.

Also Van Halen is coming to Rock band 4.

There is a Youtube video where EVH goes into how he came up the striped guitar (Frankenstrat). How he bought second hand wood and how he drilled big deep holes in it so there was room for what he wanted. I think it was pickups, not sure. And when he painted it it was boring, so he wrapped all this tape around it, then took a razor blade and cut some skinny and some at weird angles, etc. It's a pretty good video. The whole Smithsonian thing he did is def worth watching, he makes it look SO easy.

There is a Youtube video where EVH goes into how he came up the striped guitar (Frankenstrat). How he bought second hand wood and how he drilled big deep holes in it so there was room for what he wanted. I think it was pickups, not sure. And when he painted it it was boring, so he wrapped all this tape around it, then took a razor blade and cut some skinny and some at weird angles, etc. It's a pretty good video. The whole Smithsonian thing he did is def worth watching, he makes it look SO easy.

Thousands and thousands of hours of daily practice. Something Jimmy Page used to do but hasn't since about 1975, I reckon.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I remember that Helmut Newton poster of DLR in chains included in the "Women and Children First" album well. I gave it to my girlfriend at the time.

Must go if you enjoy EVH's playing. He's delivering his best performances in more than 20 years. EVH is on fire and in the zone again.

I bit the bullet and tickets have been purchased for one of Van Halen's Hollywood Bowl shows. Taking my 9-year old nephew...his first VH concert and he is stoked. It'll be his dad's first time, too.

I am just nervous that the band will split up or someone will get sick and have to cancel the show. Just keep it together for a couple more weeks, guys. 

I bit the bullet and tickets have been purchased for one of Van Halen's Hollywood Bowl shows. Taking my 9-year old nephew...his first VH concert and he is stoked. It'll be his dad's first time, too.

I am just nervous that the band will split up or someone will get sick and have to cancel the show. Just keep it together for a couple more weeks, guys. 

I will be seeing them in one week and I'm stoked.

I have worried about the same thing for the last month since DLR got sick, I haven't been watching any youtube footage of their tour since DLR got sick, but it looks like he hasn't got sick since then, I am confident at this point that the show will go on.

Good find.  I remember picking up WACF at the record store, opening it up and finding this poster of Roth and thinking, what is this sh*t?

Amazing they held it together for as long as they did!

Thousands and thousands of hours of daily practice. Something Jimmy Page used to do but hasn't since about 1975, I reckon.

What is striking is that EVH is just ten years younger.  I can't imagine Page playing with such abandon ten years ago.  Of course, would EVH be playing like this if he had to go the solo route or form a new band?  He's majorly blessed that he has his band, his brother, and his son all together for this.  Oh yeah, and he has Roth, but he tries not to think too much about that...

What is striking is that EVH is just ten years younger.  I can't imagine Page playing with such abandon ten years ago.  Of course, would EVH be playing like this if he had to go the solo route or form a new band?  He's majorly blessed that he has his band, his brother, and his son all together for this.  Oh yeah, and he has Roth, but he tries not to think too much about that...

David Gilmore has gone the solo route and had to find a new band and he seems to be doing fine. He just put out another album while Jimmy... :whistling:

Really enjoyed the concert this past Monday, From left to right; my cousin Jodi, me, my sister Cynthia, and best friend Sean.

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.b622879e5292cfee75cafIMG_1726.thumb.JPG.87ab09e229c6b4fe06212

Nice. About 20 hours away from the Hollywood Bowl show. When I saw the Van Halen thread had new content tonight I crossed my fingers it wasn't someone posting that VH had cancelled the Hollywood Bowl gig. My little nephew would be crushed.

Really enjoyed the concert this past Monday, From left to right; my cousin Jodi, me, my sister Cynthia, and best friend Sean.

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.b622879e5292cfee75cafIMG_1726.thumb.JPG.87ab09e229c6b4fe06212

Nice pictures luvlz2.  I know that you won't take this the wrong way but your cousin and your sister are both Hot.  And, by the way, I wore My $50 RUSH shirt that I bought in Las Vegas to the Van Halen concert that I attended last Wednesday (9/23/15) in Dallas, Texas.  Not the RUSH shirt your friend is wearing though. 

Nice. About 20 hours away from the Hollywood Bowl show. When I saw the Van Halen thread had new content tonight I crossed my fingers it wasn't someone posting that VH had cancelled the Hollywood Bowl gig. My little nephew would be crushed.

Have a great time Strider!

Nice pictures luvlz2.  I know that you won't take this the wrong way but your cousin and your sister are both Hot.  And, by the way, I wore My $50 RUSH shirt that I bought in Las Vegas to the Van Halen concert that I attended last Wednesday (9/23/15) in Dallas, Texas.  Not the RUSH shirt your friend is wearing though. 

Thanks kingzoso!

Very nice pictures, luvlz2!  :veryhot: 

Looks like you all had a great time!  

:peace: 

Thank you Walter, yes we all had a great time. It was the first time I attended a concert with my sister (and cousin), so it was a good memorable experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Posters who attended the Page/Plant concerts in 1998 always mention how well Page played at these gigs.  Wouldn't he need to practice a lot to play as well as he did?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...