Led Zeppelin guitar tabs thread

icantquityoubabe

To any fellow guitarists, wondering if any of you would be willing to share any tabs, especally since the only good site for this no longer exists. If I put this in the wrong forum forgive me and remove it. I am interested especially now in Kashmir. I always thought the main riff was more keyboards than guitar. If Im wrong, does anyone know the chords???? Thanks

Hey! I got a solution, this website is what I use for about all of my tabs

www.ultimate-guitar.com

you will see a search bar and you can choose to search by band name, song name, news or whatever else you want, but you can type in the song name (only exact matches or matches with the word in it will appear), and you can click the band name for all of their tabs, they also have them sorted by album.

You want to choose the one that has the most votes, regardless of stars almost always, but choose the ones that say guitar, or chord (unless ur a bass player then choose bass of course) becuase if you choose guitar pro that means you have to have a special program to see the tabs and it really isn't that great (atleast in my opinion)

If hat doesn't help send me another message, anywho I know kashmir is in a different tuning, its the white summer/black mountainside tuning (he used the same guitar and sometimes combined the songs) which is like a C-tuning or something and if you need the specifics then ask or search. My dad thought it was mostly violin because he seen the page and plant no quarter tour where he said they had a huge orcehstra, but when I tried playing the tab it sounded exactly like the song, so I believe that it is mostly guitar (not to take credit away from the keyboards)!

WELL, if you need any help just send a message.

this is what the page looks like after you search for the song

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?...mir&w=songs

you want to choose the one that has 80 votes Kashmir (ver 3),

and heres the tab, should be pretty accurate, most tabs I get from here are, and if you want more of the song or if its not all to your quality, you can check the other posted ones with less votes

(I was way off by C tuning but oh well, i knew it was som different tuning)

Enjoy and Rock on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transcribed by Victor Ochoa

DADGAD (low to high) Tuning

Main Riff 1

D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G|--2---2---2------2---2---2-------3---3---3------3---3---3-------------------

D|--0---0---0------0---0---0-------0---0---0------0---0---0-------------------

A|--5---5---5------5---5---5-------5---5---5------5---5---5-------------------

D|-----------------------------0------------------------------0---------------

D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

G|--4---4---4------4---4---4-------5---5---5------5---5---5------------------

D|--0---0---0------0---0---0-------0---0---0------0---0---0------------------

A|--5---5---5------5---5---5-------5---5---5------5---5---5------------------

D|-----------------------------0------------------------------0--------------

D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

G|--7---7---7------2---2---2-------3---3---3---------------------------------

D|--0---0---0------0---0---0-------0---0---0---repeat------------------------

A|--5---5---5------5---5---5-------5---5---5---------------------------------

D|-----------------------------0---------------------------------------------

Riff 2

D|--12---12---10---10----7----7----5----5----3----3-------------------------

A|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0-------------------------

G|--12---11---10----9----7----6----5----4----3---2--------------------------

D|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----3-2-0----------------

A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D|--12---12---10---10----7----7----5----5----3---3--------------------------

A|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0---0--------------------------

D|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0---0----3-2-0-----------------

When you go back to the Main Riff start here and then proceed as usual.

G|--3---3---3------3---3---3------4---4---4------4---4---4------------------

D|--0---0---0------0---0---0------0---0---0------0---0---0------------------

A|--5---5---5------5---5---5------5---5---5------5---5---5------------------

G|--5---5---5------5---5---5------7---7---7------2---2---2------------------

D|--0---0---0------0---0---0------0---0---0------0---0---0----etc.----------

A|--5---5---5------5---5---5------5---5---5------5---5---5------------------

Interlude 1-After Riff 2

D|--12---12---10---10----7----7----5----5----3----3-------------------------

A|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0-------------------------

G|--12---11---10----9----7----6----5----4----3----2-------------------------

D|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----3-2-0------0---------

A|-------------------------------------------------------------0-2----------

G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D|--2------2---2---11\-2-----------2------2---2---11\-2-----3-2-0-----0-----

A|--0------0---0---12\-0-----------0------0---0---12\-0-----------0-2-------

G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D|--2------2---2---11\-2-----------2------2---2---11\-2----3-2-0-----0------

A|--0------0---0---12\-0-----------0------0---0---12\-0-----------0-2-------

Repeat

Back to Riff 2

Interlude 2-After Riff 2

Interlude 2 is two chords that are alternated in this section of the song.

D|--12---12---10---10----7----7----5----5----3---3--------------------------

A|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0---0--------------------------

D|---0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0---0-----3-2-0----------------

D|--5---------------------------7-------------------------------------------

A|--5---------------------------7-------------------------------------------

G|--7---------------------------9-------------------------------------------

A|--5---------------------------7-------------------------------------------

The rest of the song alternates between the Main Riff and Riff 2.

End on Interlude 2.

Thanks man. I have been to this site. Olga was the best. But thanks, Ill try it in open G (drop D)

Drop D? The song still requires the B to be dropped to A, otherwise it doesn't sound very logical.

Unless you mean something like DGDGAD, i recall it works that way too, it just has more stretching left-hand - patterns.

The best would be of course that you would just play it in DADGAD (Dsus4). It's a nice tuning.

Jimmy uses DADGAD.

You can get away with dropped D as long as you mute the B string during the second riff, and play the notes on the first string 2 frets lower than indicated (IE first chord of that riff would need the 1st string to be fretted at the 10th fret)

DADGAD is a fun tuning to use, however, and not too bad to get into...

Jimmy uses DADGAD.

You can get away with dropped D as long as you mute the B string during the second riff, and play the notes on the first string 2 frets lower than indicated (IE first chord of that riff would need the 1st string to be fretted at the 10th fret)

DADGAD is a fun tuning to use, however, and not too bad to get into...

I was just going to say something like that, I learned Kashmir yesterday night, would you beleive I never bothered before as I am lazy with dropped tunnings...I just dropped the Low E to D as you say and left the rest normal !! The desending riff I play D and G strings as double stops !! When it comes to the G and A chords where the keyboard bit takes of I play G aeloian over G chord and A phyrigian over the A chord to give it a bit of the eastern sounding bit as well as strumming the chords a bit in between the lead bit !! just work it around the Keyboard bit !! :) lots of bits I know ^_^

No way you can leave the high open e string in standard-no way. If you do that its not going to do it. I will be off.

Wow there cowboy hold your horses !!

I dont hit the high E string mate as I said I played the descending riff as double stops on D and G string !!! I know its not the way Page does it, but I like to work out other ways to play stuff so you can put your own style into it otherwise we all sound like bad Zep tribute bands !! Let me rephrase it I sound like a bad Zep tribute, and I didn't say the way I do it so you lot have to, I just thought I would say the wayI worked it out however different it is from the original !!

And playing along with the track it sounds fine to me !! I guess what I am doing is cutting the drone note out !! which of course is all part of the sound so I know I am being a lazy sod !!

Also on the outro G and A chords in Kashmir , The D harmonic minor scale sounds good alongside the Keyboard strings bit !! When the strings (root and octave) goes up in a scale in the outro, use the G dorian scale to play alongside the strings and the said D harmonic minor in between, or you can keep strumming the Chords. Hope this helps !! :)

Want some advice?

DONT USE TABS UNLESS YOU KNOW THE SONG

Honestly, find out what key it's in, put your fingers in the position of that key, and figure out the notes one-by-one. It's the only way to train your ear, so you won't get stuck to tabs.

And if it's in a different tuning, just watch the video of it. It's so much better for training than using tabs. Using tabs isn't learning, it's copying

Want some advice?

DONT USE TABS UNLESS YOU KNOW THE SONG

Honestly, find out what key it's in, put your fingers in the position of that key, and figure out the notes one-by-one. It's the only way to train your ear, so you won't get stuck to tabs.

And if it's in a different tuning, just watch the video of it. It's so much better for training than using tabs. Using tabs isn't learning, it's copying

Maybe and in a band stuation that is true, but also learn to read tab and music notes as it helps you to learn !!! and you say copying but if as you say use your ears, which is good you are in fact still copying !!! All ways are good !!! because sometimes if a tab or music is wrong your ears will pick that up and you can play accordingly, I confess I am a crap sight reader but I can understand and read both tab and music !! For the kashmir thing above I used my ears to ad lib the outro with the strings !!

No, it's not really copying when you use your ears. Chances are, you'll be playing the right notes, but with a different fingering. That's why you use tabs AFTER you've learned a song, and mastered it. The only thing they're good for is teaching you different playing styles, which, don't get me wrong; that's also useful.

No, it's not really copying when you use your ears. Chances are, you'll be playing the right notes, but with a different fingering. That's why you use tabs AFTER you've learned a song, and mastered it. The only thing they're good for is teaching you different playing styles, which, don't get me wrong; that's also useful.

Tabs are of great use to a guitarist. When it comes to lead you may be able to figure it all out by ear, but not with chords in my opinion. I totally disagree with what you just said. After you have mastered the song? I am not going to sit here and bullshit anybody that I can figure out any song, chords and ll by ear unless it is very easy material.

My point is, don't go straight to tabs. If you've really kicked your own ass trying to figure out the song, then use them. And as for chords, if you know any music theory, you'd know typical chord progressions (such as the 3-chord theory). If you really can't find out what the chord is ( possibly due to extreme distortion?), it's better to get actual sheet music or look up what chords they are. Tabs make a close-minded music-player, not a musician.

My point is, don't go straight to tabs. If you've really kicked your own ass trying to figure out the song, then use them. And as for chords, if you know any music theory, you'd know typical chord progressions (such as the 3-chord theory). If you really can't find out what the chord is ( possibly due to extreme distortion?), it's better to get actual sheet music or look up what chords they are. Tabs make a close-minded music-player, not a musician.

I took music theory, And you mean the 1-3-5 chord buidiing technique. Going up or down half steps to make it a major or minor, depending on the key, etc. But that isnt going to allow you to figure out the chords to ANY song. Some are easier to figure out than others. Tabs can save you time and frustration.

Exactly, some are easier to figure out than others. So figure out the ones you can. All I'm saying is shy away from just using tabs, and certainly don't rely on them.

Well I certainly dont have much choice now as the best tabs site (Olga.net) was shut down over a year ago for legal reasons. Blood sucking lawyers with nothing better to do.

I can't tab, I have TAB dyslexia I'm sure, it just all blurs into numbers. I'm only playing for my own amusement and to scare the kids into going to bed, so I'm looking for semi-reasonable chord versions of LZ songs.

Yes, I KNOW they won't sound right, and yes I KNOW I should learn music and do it properly, but are there any books with titles like "LZ in Chords", or anyone seen really easy versions of LZ songs in beginners books out there?

TP

When i was playing piano when i was a kid I got the music fromStairway to heaven and played it by ear.You would think it's easy it's not easy.I decided to get the sheet music.

I learn by reading music and playing my ear. thats how I figure Led Zeppelin out. trying to play something by tab, but you can't. then you just play and let your fingers do the work. you feel the music and BOOM! you got the part down because you were feeling the music.

There are some tabs that are far better and more accurate than others. The best way is to have access to the music and or tabs and of course you need to improvise and use your ear, especially if we are talkig about lead rather than the main chords to a song.

Finally someone that is willing to admit you need the music sometimes.

Well having a job and being an amateur musician I don't always have time to listen and learn, stick the music/tab in front hey presto learnt !!!

Well having a job and being an amateur musician I don't always have time to listen and learn, stick the music/tab in front hey presto learnt !!!

I don't think it's wrong to learn from tabs, I find them useful, and hopefully they are (cross your fingers)accurate. I always do what works for me even though someone else thinks you should do it this way.

Merry Ho Ho all!!

Archived