Los Angeles, CA- The Forum- June 21, 1977

DavidZoso

This is one of the best if not the the best show of the 1977 tour. Bonzo is playing the drums faster than any other version of The Song Remains the Same that was ever performed. Very Intense- I think he was making up for the last performance before this in San Diego where he was truly not feeling well. All the shows during this six night stand are very good but this one is probably tops. :thumbsup:

It took me a long time to find pics for this show. I had to do major detective work and finally figured out that Bonzo only wore this paticular shirt at this show during the 1977 tour. But some of these pics I had to enlarge and they are pretty dark but they are better than nothing- if anyone has anymore from this show-please post them.

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Over the Hills and Far Away

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

(Out On the Tiles intro) Moby Dick

Heartbreaker

Guitar solo/ Violin Bow

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love ~ Rock and Roll

The Song Remains the Same

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I think this is when Jimmy's six string on the doubleneck cut out at the beginning of Sick Agan and I think he changed the doubleneck for the Les Paul.

7.jpg

Sick Again or Nobody's Fault but Mine

8.jpg

Sick Again or Nobody's Fault but Mine

9.jpg

Oh...Sweet smell.....Tonight no beating around the bush we just gonna play cause that's what we're her for.

10-1.jpg

Over the Hills and Far Away

11.jpg

Since I've been Loving You or No Quarter

12.jpg

13.jpg

1-1.jpg

No Quarter

LA621772.png

The Battle of Evermore

b23-1.jpg

The Battle of Evermore

3.png

White Summer~Black Mountainside

4.jpg

Kashmir

5.jpg

Kashmir

6.jpg

Right before Moby Dick

2-1.jpg

Possibly after Moby Dick or right before Jimmy's solo during Heartbreaker- Bonzo drinking something.

3-1.jpg

Possibly before Heartbreaker solo or before the guitar solo/theremin/violin bow part

4-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

81189540.jpg

So, if all we gotta do to go down well is say Jimmy. Jimmmmy

104725359.jpg

David--"AWESOME" please keep um-coming from this SHOW: This show June 21st 1977 L.A.Forum for some reason there has never been much photos from it?We all kmow that this was one of the top shows from the 77-tour yet in a mysterious way it has been the hardest to get info or pictures from besides the boot? Great-Job!!!! Keep the photos from the 77-tour coming they are the Best.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the other part of the strap. It has no eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend. xD

So it's like a fishing reel? I'm serious. Is that what it is? I've never seen it before. I thought it might be some early wireless, but that can't be it.

The Sones had wireless on their '78 tour (Nady).

So it's like a fishing reel? I'm serious. Is that what it is? I've never seen it before. I thought it might be some early wireless, but that can't be it.

The Sones had wireless on their '78 tour (Nady).

Jimmy has never used a wireless and I admire him for that- to me it is more true rock and roll. JMO

• 11 months later...

I was at this show and it was the most amazing single concert I've been to. This includes seeing The Wall performed live in 1980 and seeing Springsteen 26 times going back to 1980 as well as hundreds of other shows. . We had great seats in the loge.

They came on over 2 hours late and the crowd was insane. There were so many flashes going off that it seemed like a strobe light. I still get chills listening to Page strike that opening note for The Song Remains the same. I snuck in a tape recorder and got a pretty decent recording of almost the entire show. Missed a couple of spots changing the tape. Not as good quality at "Listen to This Eddie" but in some places I like it better. I have very vivid memories of the show since I've had the recording from the start. On thing that I prefer on my recording is the reaction of the crowd to the start of "Rock and Roll" during the encore. You really can't heard that on the Eddie recording since the crowd noise has been taken out of it mostly. . It was almost 1:45 in the morning and when Zeppelin went from Whole Lotta Love to RnR the place exploded (again!) It was amazing. Saw them again on the fifth night of the stand but it wasn't nearly as memorable. My wife understand that if they ever come back (doubtful unfortunately), I will pay anything to get up close.

I was at this show and it was the most amazing single concert I've been to. This includes seeing The Wall performed live in 1980 and seeing Springsteen 26 times going back to 1980 as well as hundreds of other shows. . We had great seats in the loge.

They came on over 2 hours late and the crowd was insane. There were so many flashes going off that it seemed like a strobe light. I still get chills listening to Page strike that opening note for The Song Remains the same. I snuck in a tape recorder and got a pretty decent recording of almost the entire show. Missed a couple of spots changing the tape. Not as good quality at "Listen to This Eddie" but in some places I like it better. I have very vivid memories of the show since I've had the recording from the start. On thing that I prefer on my recording is the reaction of the crowd to the start of "Rock and Roll" during the encore. You really can't heard that on the Eddie recording since the crowd noise has been taken out of it mostly. . It was almost 1:45 in the morning and when Zeppelin went from Whole Lotta Love to RnR the place exploded (again!) It was amazing. Saw them again on the fifth night of the stand but it wasn't nearly as memorable. My wife understand that if they ever come back (doubtful unfortunately), I will pay anything to get up close.

Awesome! I'm jealous that you got to see such an amazing show! Is there any way you'd be able to share that recording? Did you record the fifth night? A new recording of that night would be most welcome, considering the fidelity of the currently existing tape. (Plus, 6/26 is my birthdate, so there's that too.)

WOW!! welcome to the forum gbauer1! I like many others would love to be able to hear your recording. Did you record a complete "Ten Years Gone" on your tape?

• 1 year later...

FFS, why do people hit and run like that? What a tease! :wall:

• 2 years later...

Archived