Biscotti (Hitchcock + Jones) to perform in London, Dec 6

They should record an album. John Paul Jones is too talented to wait on Dave Grohl and Josh Homme to get free to make another album. He should do more on the side.

They should record an album. John Paul Jones is too talented to wait on Dave Grohl and Josh Homme to get free to make another album. He should do more on the side.

If you follow his activities via the postings on this site (or his own web page) you'd know that he does plenty on the side. I've also never once gotten the impression that he's waiting on Grohl and Homme to do anything.

I've also never once gotten the impression that he's waiting on Grohl and Homme to do anything.

I read an article a few months ago where Jones was quoted as saying that Them Crooked Vultures where planning to record a second album after Dave Grohl and Josh Homme had fulfilled their current touring (or whatever they were busy doing I don't remember but think it was touring) commitments to their respective bands. It gave the strong impression that Jones was ready to go with the next album but he was waiting on his band mates to get free.

^ I was talking more in line of a new album or tour. I know he's always busy doing something but events like this don't effect the mass.

Personally, I'm not concerned with an artist "effecting the mass", artists such as the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band performed new music for years without releasing new studio records. You can still be vital and relevant without releasing product (or even touring).

I read an article a few months ago where Jones was quoted as saying that Them Crooked Vultures where planning to record a second album after Dave Grohl and Josh Homme had fulfilled their current touring (or whatever they were busy doing I don't remember but think it was touring) commitments to their respective bands. It gave the strong impression that Jones was ready to go with the next album but he was waiting on his band mates to get free.

It obviously hasn't stopped him from working with other artists (such as Sara Watkins) or engaging in other musical pursuits. In that regard, he's put nothing on hold.

JPJ has played with how many different musicians the past couple of years? A ton. I'm glad he is enjoying himself.

As far as TVC, Homme was very ill and then he and his gal had a baby - so QOTSA's next disc has been slow coming.

Thanks for the update zemun!

Peace.

Personally, I'm not concerned with an artist "effecting the mass", artists such as the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band performed new music for years without releasing new studio records. You can still be vital and relevant without releasing product (or even touring).

Grateful Dead and the Allmans still toured. That's what I'm hoping for. Something I can hear and not on youtube. I'd especially enjoy a solo tour since his two solo albums were phenomenal.

Grateful Dead and the Allmans still toured. That's what I'm hoping for. Something I can hear and not on youtube. I'd especially enjoy a solo tour since his two solo albums were phenomenal.

John Paul Jones seems to be perfectly content with his role as a sideman/producer so I wouldn't be holding my breath for another solo tour. Of course that would be nice but I don't see any indication of that happening in the near future.

They should record an album.

They should... (I mean, I wish they recorded it).

The next Hitchcock album appears tentatively in January 2013 and it's called "File Under Pop", it will feature the song There Goes the Ice with K.T. Tunstall.

J.P. Jones did appear in a Hitchcock album a few years ago, it was called Propellor Time and he's credited as playing mandolin on that CD.

The next Hitchcock album appears tentatively in January 2013 and it's called "File Under Pop", it will feature the song There Goes the Ice with K.T. Tunstall.

You're probably already aware of it but for those that aren't, "There Goes the Ice" is currently available as a free download from Yep Roc Records. Speaking of Robyn and Yep Roc, I can't wait for the Yep Roc 15th anniversary concerts that are going to be held at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC this October. In addition to Robyn, there's lots of other great artists on the bill such as Nick Lowe, Chuck Prophet (Green On Red), the Minus Five (featuring Scott McCaughey and Peter Buck of R.E.M.), Mayflies USA, Fountains of Wayne, Chatham County Line, Dave Alvin (Blasters), John Doe (X) and tons of others.

If you follow his activities via the postings on this site (or his own web page) you'd know that he does plenty on the side. I've also never once gotten the impression that he's waiting on Grohl and Homme to do anything.

ABSOLUTELY! JPJ never stops playing music he waits for no one and often has multiple projects going on in an array of genres . He is amazing.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived