Sky Watch

betteremily

This is a thread for anyone who sees something the sky. If you have or happen to see something, this is the place to tell it. :)

I'm a sky watcher...Clouds..hawks..vultures, planes..other stuff?

I've been seeing a lot of weird things as of late..

A couple months back, 4 Boeing Chinook helicopters flew about 100 feet over my neighborhood, a month later it occured twice a day.

About a month ago, my sister and I saw a drone flying very low over roof tops well after midnight. No sound and it was moving verrry slow..It was so low I could make out it's shape and see the lights. Which left me thinking..what the hell are they doing?

Then tonight, I was outside at work smoking a cigarette, watching the jets coming and going to the airport..It was then that I thought I saw something moving above me...One large light.."star" who knows..

I got out of my car when I came home from work to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and called a friend outside to see..the whole time I was looking at this large light, my friend was watching something else that apparently was jumping around.....a few moments later I see this strange moving object (which I didn't even notice at first because i was so preoccupied with that damn light) zoom past what I was looking at and through the sky at LIGHTNING SPEED, then it disappeared..

At first we figured it was just that asteroid..actually a few hours late as it was to pass around 8:30..but my friend insists this was not moving straight...maybe it was a UFO..whatever it is..it was a truly awesome sight...watching the sky finally pays off!

wow, i would love to experience something like that! i have been watching the skies for a few years now, but so far haven''t seen anything. my hubby saw a light a week ago that he is sure wasn't a plane, helicopter or star. but who knows.

i am a believer, by the way!

be prepared for some negativity in this thread ... i have tried numerous times to get conversations going along these lines, and i got a lot of it, and from long term posters too .... :unsure: i think some people fear what they don't understand.

wow, i would love to experience something like that! i have been watching the skies for a few years now, but so far haven''t seen anything. my hubby saw a light a week ago that he is sure wasn't a plane, helicopter or star. but who knows.

i am a believer, by the way!

be prepared for some negativity in this thread ... i have tried numerous times to get conversations going along these lines, and i got a lot of it, and from long term posters too .... :unsure: i think some people fear what they don't understand.

I was wondering if I was nuts bothering to crick my neck looking up into the sky. I'm about as unlucky as they come Slave..So keep watching!

Why is there negativity? It's the unknown..we're all in the dark. Exploring the unknown is supposed to be fun?

I was wondering if I was nuts bothering to crick my neck looking up into the sky. I'm about as unlucky as they come Slave..So keep watching!

Why is there negativity? It's the unknown..we're all in the dark. Exploring the unknown is supposed to be fun?

oh i agree. as i said, i think when some people are faced with this stuff, they get scared, and often overcompensate by name-calling etc

oh i agree. as i said, i think when some people are faced with this stuff, they get scared, and often overcompensate by name-calling etc

Seems it doesn't take much to get people to the point of name calling on this forum sometimes. Thanks for the warning ;)

Closer to home, we used to hang out in the summer at Grantchester Meadows (of Floyd fame). Often we would go there to trip, but this time we were only drinking. I recall feeling a kind of charged sensation at one point...and then we started to hear strange, unearthly moaning sounds. At first we thought it was a roaming cow, but there were none to be seen. Then we noticed a pulsing light behind some distant trees, and saw a cylindrical object rise slowly into the air, move away across the other side of the river, and disappear behind more trees. A couple of days later, there were reports of a similar object being spotted in the sky over a nearby village.

That's interesting about the moaning sounds. There are these "strange sounds" on Youtube and the uploaders "claim" to hear moaning sounds too. Some people speculate they are UFOs (?) Who knows....

Funny that things work out the way they did. You were only there to drink that night and you still managed to have a trip! ;)

I've seen several weird things, although I wouldn't say I was an active watcher.

I was holidaying in the Algarve, and one evening I was floating in the pool looking up into the night sky. Ascending planes flew past slowly at regular intervals, as we were not far from Faro airport. And then I saw one plane being followed by a small yellowish light. About halfway across the sky, the yellow light suddenly zipped away at a ridiculous speed, moving at right-angles to its previous path.

Many years ago, just after finishing school, I was on holiday in La Rochelle (France). A couple of schoolfriends and I were on the beach at dusk, trying to chat up some French girls. Then we noticed a reddish, winking light above the sea, which seemed to get larger or closer...and then it shot down into the sea, or beyond the horizon.

Closer to home, we used to hang out in the summer at Grantchester Meadows (of Floyd fame). Often we would go there to trip, but this time we were only drinking. I recall feeling a kind of charged sensation at one point...and then we started to hear strange, unearthly moaning sounds. At first we thought it was a roaming cow, but there were none to be seen. Then we noticed a pulsing light behind some distant trees, and saw a cylindrical object rise slowly into the air, move away across the other side of the river, and disappear behind more trees. A couple of days later, there were reports of a similar object being spotted in the sky over a nearby village.

were there any reports of other witnesses to the other events? have you checked the internet and youtube for those dates?

we have been watching the series '' UFO Hunters '' , it has some interesting stuff......

I was driving down a dark road one night and saw lights in the sky. It was on the same road I saw Bigfoot. The lights turned out to be my sister driving a ways behind me and it only looked like flying because it was so dark you couldn't see the hill the car was on. Bigfoot turned out to be a mailbox.

Slave: No I haven't checked, and anyway I've no idea of the exact dates when I saw these things. Besides, I'm not really concerned with corroboration, because I know what I saw & that's enough for me.

ok, gotcha.

Yes I watch all sorts of UFO shows too, and paranormal/ghost hunter things, and shows about notorious murderers. I stay up late after my wife's gone to bed, surfing for this type of thing. And aircrash investigations. This is the only kind of thing that interests me on TV these days.

me too! i just cannot be bothered watching not funny sitcoms!

I'm a bit of a weirdo really, all things considered.

well, that makes me one too then.

wow, that must have been amazing! were you frightened, or more interested? did you get some pics?

no pics, i was only 15 at the time, no digital cameras back then . We were hanging out in a beach park in lake peekskill ny, about 200

people there at the time. We all watched it come in way out to the south west, and fly directly over us without a sound.....i loved every minute of it.....at that point,even at 15, i was into the unknown paranormal stuff.

Edited by zepscoda

no pics, i was only 15 at the time, no digital cameras back then . We were hanging out in a beach park in lake peekskill ny, about 200

people there at the time. We all watched it come in way out to the south west, and fly directly over us without a sound.....i loved every minute of it.....at that point,even at 15, i was into the unknown paranormal stuff.

so happy for you. and jealous!

I was driving down a dark road one night and saw lights in the sky. It was on the same road I saw Bigfoot. The lights turned out to be my sister driving a ways behind me and it only looked like flying because it was so dark you couldn't see the hill the car was on. Bigfoot turned out to be a mailbox.

I find that there's usually a rational and/or scientific explanation to many "ufo" sightings. Like the supposed ufo sighting the other day...turns out it was a Drone. http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-x47b-drone-ufo-20120615,0,4884116.story

I find that there's usually a rational and/or scientific explanation to many "ufo" sightings. Like the supposed ufo sighting the other day...turns out it was a Drone. http://www.latimes.c...0,4884116.story

i think that it is said to be about 95% of UFO s are explainable.

but that leaves 5%, and there are many, many thousands of sightings, and many unreported, so there is a lot we still cannot explain.

my hubby goes outside at night to have a cigarette, and last night it was a clear night. he looked up and saw 8 lights that looked like stars, except they formed a V shape as they crossed the sky! they were only visible for about 3 seconds, and then went behind the treeline, so he didn't get a pic. we waited for awhile, but it didn't return.

my hubby goes outside at night to have a cigarette, and last night it was a clear night. he looked up and saw 8 lights that looked like stars, except they formed a V shape as they crossed the sky! they were only visible for about 3 seconds, and then went behind the treeline, so he didn't get a pic. we waited for awhile, but it didn't return.

Wow. What does your husband think it was?

• 3 weeks later...

<<<< Slave to Zep that’s pretty cool ! Giant triangles are thought to be seen worldwide. Some believe it’s a US government black project craft…… The most famous incidents have been the Phoenix lights and the Belgian UFO reports. The Belgian incident has the best photographic evidence. ….99% of the video footage you see on the Phoenix lights are flares dropped soon after the triangle was reported, some say to discredit the people who reported the first sightings of the triangle.

here is a pic of the Belgian craft, circa 1990:

TriangleBelgium1990.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

<<<< Slave to Zep that’s pretty cool ! Giant triangles are thought to be seen worldwide. Some believe it’s a US government black project craft…… The most famous incidents have been the Phoenix lights and the Belgian UFO reports. The Belgian incident has the best photographic evidence. ….99% of the video footage you see on the Phoenix lights are flares dropped soon after the triangle was reported, some say to discredit the people who reported the first sightings of the triangle.

here is a pic of the Belgian craft, circa 1990:

TriangleBelgium1990.jpg

yes, i have seen documentaries on both these, and the footage is quite compelling, along with the fact there were many observers. the phoenix one was said to be massive.

yes, i have seen documentaries on both these, and the footage is quite compelling, along with the fact there were many observers. the phoenix one was said to be massive.

My favorite part of the Phoenix sighting is the account made by real estate agents (if I remember correctly) who, in the middle of a meeting, all stopped to stare into the craft. They claimed they could see reflections of people looking back at them. Trippy.

The other day, I heard a brief but interesting radio interview with some ex-CIA guy who's written a book. Not sure whether it's all about Roswell, but some of it is, and he says he saw a box years ago, the contents of which left him in no doubt that it was of extra-terrestrial origin. But he refused to say what was in the box.

He got clearance for the book from the CIA, and I'd quite like to read it, but I didn't catch his name. Anyone know who this is?

sorry, i don't know the name of the book, but as i said, i have seen a few docos on these subjects, and there are many people who claim to have seen and/or handled " wreckage ' from roswell, and they all say the same thing, that is that there was bits of metallic parts that had heiroglyphic signs, and we have all heard about the foil like stuff that after being scrunched into a ball opens back out flat by itself. i also heard that from that wreckage we learned about lasers, bullet -proof material, optical fibre technology, and some other stuff that escapes me atm .... maybe microchips?

i have no idea if any of that is true, who knows ....

• 3 weeks later...