08 tour confirmed...

TJW.88

Someone over on The Cult message board has just pointed out though that the band will an 'L' and a 'Z' in it could be Limp Bizkit...!!

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, though I will always find it a bit unbelievable if Led Zep DON'T tour after the O2, after all that hard work... Also, knowing how reluctant the band are to release anything they consider to be below par, why wouldn't they want to play more than one show? Unless, of course, they are not bothered whether or not the O2 gig ever comes out on DVD or CD... But surely... The money they could make for charity, apart from anything else!!!

Sorry, I'm going off topic here...

Do you honestly believe a "support act" would be confirmed before the venues? I honestly can't decide whose the most pathetic: Ian Astbury saying something so stupid to get his name in the

press or the NME for publishing it. Oh, don't let me leave out all the morons starting one thread

after another concerning this same ridiculous topic.

Hey Guys, the most long-awaited reunion tour in rock (with the exception of The Beatles) is now

confirmed because Ian Astbury said so during a club gig in Cincinnatti.

Get a clue.

Do you honestly believe a "support act" would be confirmed before the venues? I honestly can't decide whose the most pathetic: Ian Astbury saying something so stupid to get his name in the

press or the NME for publishing it. Oh, don't let me leave out all the morons starting one thread

Hey Guys, the most long-awaited reunion tour in rock (with the exception of The Beatles) is now

Get a clue.

I have to agree about the multiple threads thing.

I've seen at least three threads at a glance.

Its definitely not admin's fault.

I wonder if Ian Astbury will be ditched for being a blabbermouth?

Get a clue.

Having a bad day?

There are many factors suggesting there may be a tour, not least of which is their refusal to deny it. And who knows what a rock singer is gonna blurt out, they're hardly the most level headed chaps are they.

Just because a few people start a thread on the same subject you call them morons? Couldn't you just let it go?

Ian Astbury should be up against a firing squad for 'crimes against music', Lord help us if The Cult are opening for Zeppelin.

BTW I'm willing to take bets on LZ tour NOT happening, who wants some action?

Bets nothing. Hell, I'll throw cash at you to kill these stupid Astbury threads. Matter of fact, I've already seen Dave Ghoul of Nirvana, the parasite of Zep message boards, mentioned in another thread.

God help this new forum.

Having a bad day?

There are many factors suggesting there may be a tour, not least of which is their refusal to deny it. And who knows what a rock singer is gonna blurt out, they're hardly the most level headed chaps are they.

Just because a few people start a thread on the same subject you call them morons? Couldn't you just let it go?

Doesn't saying 'this is a one off' suggest that there won't be a tour? Or am I not reading too much into the situation?

Ian Astbury should be up against a firing squad for 'crimes against music', Lord help us if The Cult are opening for Zeppelin.

BTW I'm willing to take bets on LZ tour NOT happening, who wants some action?

Yes, The Cult in their present "state" is a perfect excuse to ;

A. Arrive late

B. Or hit the bar very early.

Personally I LOVE the Cult, theyre an amazing band and so the prospect of a Led Zeppelin tour with the Cult supporting is orgasmic for me. This could also fit in nicely with the story about them playing Glastonbury although I'd hate it if their only UK gig was at Glastonbury.

We've heard it all before though and Robert has pulled out of reunions at the last minute before so what says he won't again? He's supposed to be touring with Krauss anyway so theres a clash but a LZ tour would be 1000000000000000000000 times better. Maybe Ian was just joking and if they were picked for a Zeppelin tour theyd probably have to sign the official secrets act.

Oh and...

If there is a tour TICKET ALLOCATION BETTER NOT BE BY F***IN BALLOT!!!!!!

Doesn't saying 'this is a one off' suggest that there won't be a tour? Or am I not reading too much into the situation?

Don't get me wrong, I never said I believed there was a tour. But it makes a lot of sense commercially, given the demand for tickets. Which is why I think there are rumours propagating.

There are many factors suggesting there may be a tour, not least of which is their refusal to deny it.

First, they're not obliged to confirm or deny press speculation. Second, did they ever signal their tour

intentions thru lackeys, intermediaries or the New Musical Express? Hint: No. In the unlikely but yes,

technically possible, event they should decide to tour you can bet it will be announced through a

fully sanctioned press release, if not also a press conference.

Never Offside? There's a flag thrown on this last play, my friend.

First, they're not obliged to confirm or deny press speculation. Second, did they ever signal their tour

intentions thru lackeys, intermediaries or the New Musical Express? Hint: No. In the unlikely but yes,

technically possible, event they should decide to tour you can bet it will be announced through a

fully sanctioned press release, if not also a press conference.

Never Offside? There's a flag thrown on this last play, my friend.

Flag thrown? I'm from the UK mate, less of the NFL references, they mean nothing to me. (Except I know they throw flags.

ALL I am saying is that it's conceivable there could be a tour. It's therefore understandable that people will create tour threads on a Led Zeppelin forum. There's no need to act like the forum police and start slating people.

We now all know you do not thing there will be a tour. You've made your point.

My 'quote' button isn't working - anyone else having that problem?

I personally don't see why a support act couldn't know of an upcoming tour before any of us mere mortals have heard of any venues being booked.

That's not to say there's any truth in this rumour though.

My 'quote' button isn't working - anyone else having that problem?

I personally don't see why a support act couldn't know of an upcoming tour before any of us mere mortals have heard of any venues being booked.

That's not to say there's any truth in this rumour though.

Just hit "Reply".

I just hope they tour. I didnt' get tickets in the ballot. I was 13 when Bonzo died and three months away from getting into Led Zeppelin. I saw Robert and Jimmy when they toured, but I would be very disappointed not to have the opportunity to see them next year.

Archived