How long have you been a fan?

MollyHendrix

135 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a fan?

I have always liked Led Zeppelin so I voted 10+ years for that reason and I've had their CDs for that long but I didn't become a HUGE fan until about a year ago when I realized they were a lot better than everything else I listen too.

34 years. LZ II was the first album played on my first stereo. My mom ripped down my poster of Jimmy Page playing the double neck, when she caught me smoking pot the first time, and it felt like my throat was slashed.

[My first real exposure was BBC Sessions in 1997... I was 12 or 13... so about 14 years ago now)].

[We were on a road trip with my parents, listening through a Sony Discman]. [side note, my hearing isn't so good these days].

['This is uhh, something we've waited for a long time on the show...']

Well, that is kinda hard to answer. One of my first memories was walking through Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL in 1971 and hearing Communication Breakdown blearing from the mall record store and I loved it. However, it would not be until 1974 (only 6 years old!!!) when I went on a church camping trip to Wisconsin and the crew was jammin' Houses of the Holy the whole way up and the whole way back that I became a true Zep head. So, 38 years and counting!!!

28-29 years.

My VHS of TSRTS which I bought in 1985 for £20!

SRTSvid.jpg

I watched it constantly back then. I always had to turn it down when Peter Grant came on so my Mum wouldn't hear the swearing!

I first heard Led Zeppelin II not long after it came out via a schoolfriends older brother. It was after III and before IV that I got into them myself. So over 40 years.

I always knew who they were, especially Jimmy, because my uncale had a band and played guitar himself and talked about them when I was around 4-5 around 1978-1980, but in the Spring of 2006 I rediscovered them via the Bonzo Dog Band (who opened for them in the early days and they were friends) and the Yardbirds (I already owned Blow Up and had just gotten the early 90's documentary). A friend had just given me a gift card to Newbury Comics for my birthday. I used it to buy the Japanese CD of LZ I, the first DVD of SRTS, and the 2003 DVD. I fell in love with the first album right away and with Jimmy watching him play "Since I've Been Loving You" from the movie and that was the beginning.

Since I first heard Communication Breakdown in spring 1969. No other band has come close to them on record and live in all that time and I have seen so many bands since. That's why my signature says 43 years and counting.

Since I first heard "Good Times, Bad Times", I got my sister to buy me LZ1, I was only 14 so I had no money. I've been a fan ever since, so 43 years and counting. Also NO I don't have a favourite track OR album, nor do I have a least favourite either!!
Oops wrong post.. but, Nice one Joe

37 years, ever since I saw TU & HOTH on OGWT.

But I first heard them around 72, when some damn hippy brought LZ1 round my house cos he was trying to bang my mum. I hated it - not cos he was trying to bang my mum, but cos it meant I couldn't listen to my new Slade Alive album.

Alllllllriiiiighiight...Everybody get your boots on...Stamp your feet...Get down and get with it.. I was never a fan (Slade were'nt cool) but Slade Alive is one hell of a Live album.... Pity the Noid is down..cos I might have gone and grabbed it.

They were, man - you were just too old :P

There's one LZ show from around 72-73 where Plant dedicates a song to 'The worst band in the world - Slade'. I'm not sure whether this was an early example of his notoriously impenetrable sense of humour, but even after all these years, that pissed me off big time :mad:

Fuck that..I was only fifteen when they hit big...All the Slade fans were fourteen...Yeah..you're right. I was too old.....As for Percy's comment about them being "The worst band in the world" I remember listening to Tommy Vance announce that Slade were going to fill in for a no show at Reading 1980(a real wtf moment) So i slapped as Tape (ah tapes, why oh why another one gone) in the recorder and hit record and as you may already know they stole the day.

They were, man - you were just too old :P There's one LZ show from around 72-73 where Plant dedicates a song to 'The worst band in the world - Slade'. I'm not sure whether this was an early example of his notoriously impenetrable sense of humour, but even after all these years, that pissed me off big time :mad:

I have that show on vinyl..

The bootleg is called "3 Days After.."

LA Forum - June 3rd 1973..

Quiet Riot certainly owes Slade a great deal.

(3 days after jb's birthday)

Archived