How long have you been a fan?

MollyHendrix

135 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a fan?

Since I was about five (I'm 40 now). My dad used to play their first album on 8 track. I asked for piano lessons when I was 7 so I could learn to play Stairway. Some great memories over the years. It's just too bad I was too young to see them live.

I was 14 years old when I saw them live at Cobo Hall in 1970. I was on my father's shoulders during the entire concert. I would not get off his shoulders once I saw Robert Plant. So, 43 years and until I die.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've loved Led Zep since I was around 12 years old and since I just turned 47, that's just about 35 years! My friends threw me a birthday party when I turned 13 that was all Zep .. albums, t-shirts, posters, everything they gave me was Zeppelin related .. it was a great birthday! :D

• 1 month later...

1969. I remember the kid in front of me in homeroom had his wardrobe planned out in his notebook for a trip to the city to see Iron Butterfly & Led Zeppelin at the Fillmore East. I had heard Inna Godda Divida before but never Led Zeppelin. I didn't get to hear LZ1 until a few weeks later, in a car, trying out some black hash. I've been hooked ever since.

• 1 month later...

it was 1996 and I was just into the grunge and still a fan of the hair metal music and a friend of mine was blasting R&R at a party one night and I was like wtf is that. It was not like anything I had ever heard in my then music catalog. Every since then I have been hooked on Zep.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like such a youngn on here!! I'm only 15 but my dad has been playing Zep as far back as I can remember. I can remember him playing Led Zep III in the car when I was 5 so I put 10 years because that's just about my earliest memory of them. I always used to want him to play "Friends" on repeat because I loved it so much, still one of my favorites. Bonzo is the one that got me into wanting to play the drums. I remember I was 8 and my dad showed me Moby Dick from TSRTS and I just thought to myself, hell, I wanna do that, and now I play drums 25 hours a day, 8 days a week ;) It's an honor talkin to all of you guys on this forum, I am in the presence of some true LedHeads on here.... :notworthy::notworthy:

About 1974, I believe. My brother had LZ II on 8 track and I listened to it on headphones over and over.

I bought my first vinyl ( Physical Graffiti) and subsequent bootlegs a few years later.

Then came the midnight showings of 'The Song Remains The Same' which my friend Tom and I would go to every weekend that first summer after getting my driver's license.

It all came full circle when I was invited to attend the O2 reunion in London in 2007.

About seven for the time I've been actively into them, but of course I'd heard them before. When I did start listening to them, I was so excited, because I realized that these were a lot of the songs I'd heard when I was a kid and had really liked, but never knew anything about. I'd spent a lot of years looking around for music that sounded like this half-remembered music and nothing ever quite measured up.

• 7 months later...

Archived