Oh Dear - No Led Zep Tour 2008!

http://www.nme.com/news/robert-plant/33153

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose recent album 'Raising Sand' has garnered mass critical acclaim, have announced new European tour dates for 2008.

The tour will see the Led Zeppelin singer and country star play a date at London’s Wembley Arena on May 22, as well as three other UK dates in Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss play:

Birmingham NIA (May 5)

Manchester Apollo (7)

Cardiff International Arena (8)

Düsseldorf Philipshalle (10)

Brussells Forest National Club (11)

Paris Le Grand Rex Theatre (13)

Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall (14)

Stockholm Hovet (Ice Hall) (16)

Oslo Spektrum (18)

Bergen Bergenshalle (19)

London Wembley Arena (22)

Tickets go on sale on Friday (December 14) at 9am GMT.

Right...so that leaves Glasto free then.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose recent album 'Raising Sand' has garnered mass critical acclaim, have announced new European tour dates for 2008.

The tour will see the Led Zeppelin singer and country star play a date at London’s Wembley Arena on May 22, as well as three other UK dates in Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff.

Birmingham NIA (May 5)

Manchester Apollo (7)

Oslo Spektrum (18)

Bergen Bergenshalle (19)

These are only UK tour dates for Robert and Alison. The rest of the WORLD TOUR dates have not been announced yet. New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (April) and Bonnaroo Manchester, TN(June) have been confirmed for USA so far. :D

this is disappointing...I guess there would be no way they could do a Mad Sq Garden gig in Summer, then, huh? or anywhere else. this is not good news at all for anyone waiting for a Zep reunion tour. its so disappointing. as I much as I will enoy seeing robert & krauss...um, lets be honest, it could never reach the magnitude of a reunion.

Birmingham NIA (May 5)

Manchester Apollo (7)

Oslo Spektrum (18)

Bergen Bergenshalle (19)

Great!!! I hope the US dates are announced soon. :)

this is disappointing...I guess there would be no way they could do a Mad Sq Garden gig in Summer, then, huh? or anywhere else. this is not good news at all for anyone waiting for a Zep reunion tour. its so disappointing. as I much as I will enoy seeing robert & krauss...um, lets be honest, it could never reach the magnitude of a reunion.

Isn't MSG scheduled for demolition to revamp Penn Station or is that not a done deal yet?

I think Plant has announced this now to quash any Zep reunion !! its right in the middle of the year, Plant wouldn't want to do Zep dates after that ( I say that because they would need to rehearse and with Plant doing this in the middle of the year he wouldn't have time to do both (in my opinion)!! Or would he !!

Normally I would of been excited to see Plant touring, but after the other night I confess of feeling a little oh well !! and extremly lucky I got to see it on Monday !!

I tend to agree. It doesn't mean there wont be more Zep- and it isnt much of a surpise as he said he would be touring with her for quite a while- I normally would have been psyched to go see them, but after all of this I'm bummed.

I guess I am afraid- that once the momentum of this show dies down Robert will go back to thinking he is stuck on a hamster wheel if he goes the zep path-

My hope is that they agree to do more shows- and not a full-on tour as that would take way too much time and energy.

I say 4 nights each at big venues in NY, Chicago, and LA- would satisfy the majority of the fans!

I tend to agree. It doesn't mean there wont be more Zep- and it isnt much of a surpise as he said he would be touring with her for quite a while- I normally would have been psyched to go see them, but after all of this I'm bummed.

I guess I am afraid- that once the momentum of this show dies down Robert will go back to thinking he is stuck on a hamster wheel if he goes the zep path-

My hope is that they agree to do more shows- and not a full-on tour as that would take way too much time and energy.

I say 4 nights each at big venues in NY, Chicago, and LA- would satisfy the majority of the fans!

Agreed, who know waht happens. he probally be tired after toiuring with this b@@# and then give up on a zep tour. probally satisfied that it went over well annd that the end of it..

it doesn't. This tour was probably already etched in stone. Zep will return....guaranteed.

NOTHING is guaranteed until or unless the parties agree to it and an official announcement is made. Monday might have been the last we've seen of Led Zeppelin as a group.

Sorry to be a party pooper. Like many, I wouldn't mind seeing LZ show in 2008 but right there is nothing but rumor & speculation.

Let's try to be patience and let's see what 2008 brings.

It will not satisfy, they need to do Wembley, Glastonbury, etc as well as doing a couple in America and Australia !!

Anyway I think we just have to be satisfied with Monday night and be happy in the knowledge they did one truly great last gig !!

It will not satisfy, they need to do Wembley, Glastonbury, etc as well as doing a couple in America and Australia !!

Anyway I think we just have to be satisfied with Monday night and be happy in the knowledge they did one truly great last gig !!

And if it is, then hopefully the guys were so pleased with their performance that they will consent to have it officially released. :D

Seeing Zep live is as hard as seeing Pink Floyd all again!, i dont think it will ever happen!!, we got our LIVE 8 4 song concert and now we have our O2 concert, thats about all folks, Time is against them and if i was 63 yrs old i wouldnt want to be traveling all over eating who knows what food and sleeping in different bed every night.

Birmingham NIA (May 5)

Manchester Apollo (7)

Oslo Spektrum (18)

Bergen Bergenshalle (19)

Dear Tangerine,

Please explain what this thread is doing in the O2 Arena Concert, London Forum.

Thank you,

Eternal Light

Archived