A new Led Zep O2 Official release rumour for 2012...

markbowmanimages

Warner have not announced anything. The RUMOUR stems from a Belgian site 'rtbf.be' .

COME ON?!? A Belgium website LOL???????? That is just not a true story

The RTBF is a very respected news institution. I often listen to their radio shows and watch their midday television journal.

In the past there have been many reports of the O2's imminent DVD release and many people trusted those sources. If those past reports received some sort of credibility I don't see why a serious, state-run organisation shouldn't be trusted. The RTBF broadcasts in French and its counterpart (the VRT) in Dutch.

I just hope that, if the product gets finally released, its video and audio quality matches not only the price tag, but also compensates the many years of waiting.

Depends on each one's definition -5 years is a lot to me. Sadly, I've seen only a couple of years take a toll on a person's health (youth) but speaking of simpler matters sometimes I can't wait for a CD or DVD to be released when it's announced with only weeks or months in anticipation.

AT LAST!!!

Hopefully, a Blu ray relese will accompany the DVD/CD release.

2 CDs? Might we be seeing the Shepperton rehearsals released as well? I doubt it, but it would be good

Highly unlikely. Presumably, we'll only get the 10.12.07 concert. 8 songs on each of the 2 CDs.

This fresh in from BELGIUM - the FIRST to bring you all Led Zeppelin breaking news..... (Courtesy of FBO)

We'll see........

*************************************************************************************************

http://www.rtbf.be/c...-dvd?id=7832707

The famous Led Zeppelin concert in London at the O2 Arena in 2007

double DVD released in November 2012.

From "Achiles Last Stand" Update: a change has been made removing writing credit for the Classic 21 post as it may have been inaccurate. The original post is, in fact, unsigned.

Don't hold your breath.

Totally agree - this is totally a rumor off a Belgian website - nothing more (and looks like it's been pulled) - I will believe it when I see an official announcement... I don't think Warner Music would give only Belgium the exclusive and we have seen these rumors before on the web-

People have been speculating about this release for 5 years now - they ALL have been wrong so far.......

from Blabbermouth.net...

LED ZEPPELIN's 2007 Reunion Concert Rumored For DVD Release - Sep. 6, 2012

According to a posting (since removed) on the web site of Belgian classic rock radio station RTBF, LED ZEPPELIN's reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 will finally be released on DVD and CD in November. Citing sources at Warner Music, the site reported that the set will consist of a double DVD accompanied by two CDs.

An estimated nine million people applied for the 18,000 tickets to the O2 Arena show, which featured Jason Bonham taking his late father's place behind the drum kit.

In its review of the concert, NME.com wrote that LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant spoke little during the show, but when he did, it was mostly to pay tribute to Ertegun, who he said after first encore "Whole Lotta Love", "ran the best label in the world" in Atlantic Records.

Speaking to the Los Angeles radio station KLOS in December 2010, Jason stated about the prospect of the concert being released on DVD, "Nothing is official, as yet. I only know that because Robert had said that he'd watched it. I really do hope that it eventually will see the light of day. It's just nice to know that Robert had seen it, so I knew something, but it was nice that he rang up and said, 'Wow, it sounded great.' Fingers crossed, everybody… fingers crossed."

In an interview with U.K.'s Telegraph.co.uk, Plant was asked about ZEPPELIN's 2007 reunion concert. "I really had a wonderful time," said Plant. "It was the best LED ZEPPELIN gig since 1975."

When asked if he would do it again, Plant replied, "I don't think so. You've got to have a lot in common with the people you're working with at this time in your life. Everything has to move on and forward, in all relationships.

"I know that bands that haven't put out a record for 10 years are playing to 20,000 people a night. But that's not the achievement. The achievement is to knock yourself out. It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

A few months back, radio personality and "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk tweeted, "Heard from a very reliable source backstage at AEROSMITH show that there will be some sort of LED ZEPPELIN activity around Christmas."

Blabbermouth is exactly what it says on the tin.

It's just feedback, white noise... with no discrimination and so of less value than any of the individuals on this forum can offer. To read something on Blabbermouth is to know only that someone else has floated the idea elsewhere. Might be true, might not: no filter applied.

Don't think they count.

But as I've said I do think in this case that we have a very Zep Christmas to come .

Totally agree - this is totally a rumor off a Belgian website - nothing more (and looks like it's been pulled) - I will believe it when I see an official announcement... I don't think Warner Music would give only Belgium the exclusive and we have seen these rumors before on the web-

People have been speculating about this release for 5 years now - they ALL have been wrong so far.......

You live in Austin - go find Rob and get the scoop for us!

Since I've been a member of this forum, there are three, maybe three and half people whose posts I pay damn close attention to when it comes to developing news regarding the band.

Knebby ranks very high my list.

My opinion only. Never met her, have not a clue who she is. To me, she possesses a credibility proven more often close to Zeppelin reality than not. I don't believe her longevity here would be allowerd here unless she carried some weight.

Of course, Knebby 's been known to yank the old chain...

This fresh in from BELGIUM - the FIRST to bring you all Led Zeppelin breaking news..... (Courtesy of FBO)

We'll see........

*************************************************************************************************

http://www.rtbf.be/c...-dvd?id=7832707

The famous Led Zeppelin concert in London at the O2 Arena in 2007

double DVD released in November 2012.

According to Warner Music, a double DVD, accompanied by two CDs, the

resume legendary concert which took place in 2007 at the 02 Arena, where 9 million

people had tried to buy 18,000 tickets available.

No complete set had been given since 1979. Among the crowd, there were Paul

McCartney, Noel and Liam Gallagher, David Gilmour, Arctic Monkeys, Kate Moss

and Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.

Photo Courtesy of Mark Bowman Images - 2007

In-My-Time-Of-Dying-C-Large.jpg

...Thank you foremost for posting the upcoming details and the Memorable Photo ....It would be great to see the DVD being released but with very sincere Respect to the Late John Bonham. IMHO it is rather uncomfortable to release any thing such as this DVD as Led Zeppelin without John Bonham...I hope it is released with unique title which clearly does not feed the public perception that there is Led Zeppelin without The Great John Bonham...

I would perfer a charitable Tilte with all due respect to John Bonham...I am sure Robert, Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason would do their best to Honour this sensitive fragile thought....

Blabbermouth is exactly what it says on the tin.

It's just feedback, white noise... with no discrimination and so of less value than any of the individuals on this forum can offer. To read something on Blabbermouth is to know only that someone else has floated the idea elsewhere. Might be true, might not: no filter applied.

Don't think they count.

But as I've said I do think in this case that we have a very Zep Christmas to come .

?

I know what Blabbermouth is about... Would you rather I didn't pass it on?

It says right in the headline A RUMOR.

If John Paul, Robert, and Jimmy felt comfortable enough to allow the concert organizers to call them Led Zeppelin with Jason sitting in for John, that's good enough for me for them to call themselves "Led Zeppelin"!

agreed!

what was that robert was quoted earlier as saying? best led zeppelin concert since 1975 ....?

A few months back, radio personality and "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk tweeted, "Heard from a very reliable source backstage at AEROSMITH show that there will be some sort of LED ZEPPELIN activity around Christmas."

Reliable source = Ross halfin.

If John Paul, Robert, and Jimmy felt comfortable enough to allow the concert organizers to call them Led Zeppelin with Jason sitting in for John, that's good enough for me for them to call themselves "Led Zeppelin"!

This argument has been covered many times before. Stage props, etc. aside, suffice to say I stand by my characterization of the lineup being "an approximation of the original". Robert alluding to them having "brought Jason in" and Jason, so far as I know, never claiming full-fledged band member status would seem to support my view. Logic dictates that to insist otherwise bestows full-fledged band member status on Michael Lee (RNRHOF '95), Phil Collins & Tony Thompson (Live Aid).

Archived