New "FIVE" graphic on Official fb page

Yucko

It's sad that we will know in three days what it's all building to and people are so impatient they need a rumor or inside scoop now.

I'm one of the worst. I've been browsing news stories for the last few days looking for more info. :bagoverhead:

It's sad that we will know in three days what it's all building to and people are so impatient they need a rumor or inside scoop now.

I'm one of the worst. I've been browsing news stories for the last few days looking for more info. :bagoverhead:

Me too, but it’s all part of the gig….this doesn’t happen that often, we should enjoy it when we can

I have a feeling this will be one of the fastest and best selling DVDs of all time

I think something like DVD 2.0 would be a massive seller to all fans. The O2 show will do very good on it's own but they could always do better. ;)

This is kinda fun, the first Zeppelin release/announcement that I have experienced first hand. The tweets lead me to believe the release will be the O2, but until Thursday all information and reports are pure speculation.

I'll wager that if the O2 is released, (and we all know it will be mindblowing) poor Robert will get his ass drug through the mud by the usual suspects.

I hope folks keep their traps shut in this regard.

While the tweets come from reputable sources there is nothing that has been officially confined, that's all. All we know for sure is that O2 was being mixed and that Led Zeppelin is counting down and posted a video on youtube.

I guess to clarify, "all info and reports" means the various news sources claiming to know that it's a 2 DVD\2 CD live set of the O2.

I will say that they do know how to create buzz.

Ok .. so we all think on balance that there will be an announcement within 3 days of the release of the DVD.

Next question: what form will the promotion take ? Interviews ? And on what scale? Is SAJ right that we'll see Jimmy in Japan ( he was there to promote Mothership) ?

Also there must be a possibility of select cinema showings. I was at the Hammersmith Odeon for the London premiere of It Might Get Loud which Jimmy attended. Big fanfare and publicity for that, although it had a VERY short run in cinemas here before going to DVD. Although there was some excitement around that, I'd expect more for the O2 DVD : wouldn't be surprised if there's a premiere of some sort. It's not as if they couldn't fill the seats -- or get a few of the more famous O2 attendees along for it..

I have a feeling this will be one of the fastest and best selling DVDs of all time

Definitely. Especially if the 2003 DVD is anything to go by...I believe it is the biggest selling Music DVD of all-time; it was #1 on the Billboard Music Video sales charts for weeks.

I still remember lining up that Monday night in May 2003 at Tower Records on Sunset Blvd., waiting for it to turn midnight, when it would officially be May 27 and the store could sell the DVD and the How the West Was Won cd. I got there a couple hours early, so I was close to the front of the line. By the time midnight approached, there was a long line of Zep heads anxious to spend money on these two totems of pure Zeppelin power. Most everybody in line were going to buy both the DVD and the CDs.

The vibe was like being in line for "The Song Remains the Same" midnight screenings; people swapping Zep memories and furtively sneaking hits off a joint or a pipe.

When the clock struck 12 and Tower opened the doors, it was like kids on Christmas morning!!! I remember spending 5 minutes at the display making sure the DVD and CD I got were pristine with not a nick, not a dent on the packaging. Haha...that's how anal I am.

Whatever this latest turns out to be...and my money is on it being the O2...I will go thru the same ritual as before. Only it will have to be a different location...Tower Records has gone to that big record store in the sky.

Definitely. Especially if the 2003 DVD is anything to go by...I believe it is the biggest selling Music DVD of all-time; it was #1 on the Billboard Music Video sales charts for weeks.

It went platinum for the 13th time in the US just a few days ago. :yesnod:

I am really excited with the possibility of an O2 DVD. It would be awesome to see the concert again....at times it looks like it was a dream, you know, to be there and such, to meet my mates from the board.... to leave my family behind and go alone to London to live this amazing experience. It was awesome. But at times it looks unreal. :blink:^_^

This is kinda fun, the first Zeppelin release/announcement that I have experienced first hand.

I believe this is Zeppelins first release in the global acceptance of social media, Mothership was largely promoted by means of traditional tried and tested methods of TV adverts and fucking huge billboards! To this day I can still remember driving on the Hammersmith flyover past the biggest Mothership advert on a billboard bigger than my house!

Apart from the obvious marketing to mass promote the impending release on Facebook, why hasn't anything been posted on the bands official website?

I also was wondering about that. How come a social website gets it first than the official website? What a bummer...

Apart from the obvious marketing to mass promote the impending release on Facebook, why hasn't anything been posted on the bands official website?

Yup . Fair point.

Except you can't deal in fact and host SUCH speculation at the same time !

So yes, this official site is looking strangely sidelined at the moment. only for a few days though it seems ..

Well as you said on the facebook page they can theoretically reach 6.5 million people worldwide at the same time vs the 200-300 people here at any given time.

We were the first to see the video on youtube...and I assume it will be announced here.

I would just like to say that this is the first official Zeppelin release that I'm going to be a part of (I wasn't even aware that Led Zeppelin existed in 2007)

Yay for newbies!

And I'm glad that I'm able to be part of the experience and share it with all of you guys! :)

Archived