Never Forget

Led Zep Girl

I'll never forget that day.....never a day longer, time was meaningless, and the faces of those who got off the train (s) that afternoon at the Peekskill station....I'll never forget the ash covered blank stare.....I try to forget, ..........but think about it everyday, if only for a moment ....the empty sensation of horrified anger is triggered somewhow, at some point on a daily basis.

America's victims

This is the end of Americas' innocence, and a loss in all of our hearts.

With all of our grievings this is where the war starts.

rose-flag.jpg

The whole world stopped on the 11th of september.

With all of americas' victims we always shall remember.

We are a whole nation that is in mourning.

Those who took part in this deplorable act should heed our warning.

We always will remember what happened to the world trade towers.

Those who perpertrated this horror messed with the strongest world powers.

We will not go quietly into that good night.

As for all of us Americans we have to unite.

We can not be pulled apart by our petty differences any longer.

We have to pull together and then that will make us stronger.

I wrote this on the 14th of september 2001.

We still have to unite now more than ever.

Richard Guignard

was a tough day. seems to transfix me every time the footage is shown on television. a good friend of ours was on flight 11, he was a great guy and i usually wait and watch the reading of the names until his comes on...a lot of people lost a lot of friends on that day, good people, they came by a few times for a swim in the pool, he was on a business related trip to LA... his kids and and three of mine were friends from the martial arts studio. my oldest....a 6"4" black belt competitve martial artist and MANY of his friends joined the marines...including two nephews of mine. these were americans not content to sit and whine or pussy about over political pap.......but willing to put their lives on the line defending the constitution and the rights and lives of the people of the greatest country yet on earth

here he is with the little dahhlins of afghanistan a couple years back

just1.jpg

and again, on the left, before going out to search for some terrorists to kill ........

just.jpg

we've lost a lot of really REALLY good kids over there...and i'm pround to know a bunch of them

so next time some high schooler wants to bitch and whine about how tough her life is here in america

coffee's on me

10-26-10-nice-cup-of-STFU-coffee-matt.jpg

Apparently that liberal piece of sh#$ channel NBC "forgot" already:

NEW YORK (AP) — While its rivals covered the solemn commemoration of the first plane striking the World Trade Center on Tuesday, NBC's "Today" show aired Kardashian family matriarch Kris Jenner talking about her breast augmentation.

^^^

Who watches the Today show anymore?

For Mark and Ace...

That's nice, Strider. My father-in-law knew Ace well. We had a short ceremony yesterday with the pledge, a moment of silence and "America The Beautiful" + "God Bless America" being sung.

I was working in Jacksonville, NC at the time, home of the Marine Corps base Camp Lejeune. I first heard the news via a locally oriented music listserv that I belong to. Shortly thereafter radios were turned on and TV's were brought in so we could all witness the unfathomable. To show how much has changed in the past eleven years, the news was not immediately reported on the web via legitimate news sources as it would be in 2012. As my memory serves, that actually took a while back in those days. Otherwise, fellow citizens were reporting on the horrific events of the day in a variety of different ways online. I was also getting firsthand accounts from people at work as well as others that had loved ones in the vicinities of the attacks. Since Camp Lejeune would be considered a target we were all deeply concerned but what do you do in a situation like that? At first, my boss said she wanted everyone to stay at work but that you could go home if you really felt the need to. Trying to immerse yourself in daily routines was next to impossible with all that was going on. Shortly after lunch we were told we all had permission to leave if we wanted but most of us stayed. What were we going to do at home that was any different than how were handling the situation at work? I thought it best to stay on but I did leave a little early and took an alternate route home because of traffic coming on and off of the base.

Of course, music played a role in this day as well since Bob Dylan's Love and Theft came out on September 11, 2001. Ironically enough, Ryan Adams' Gold (which depicted an upside down American flag on the back cover) was also due to come out on September 11th but was pushed back until the 25th. I stopped by the record store that day to pick up the Dylan but wasn't really in the mood for music. Like everyone else, I stayed glued to the television and radio for the next few days. That Friday I went out to hear one of my favorite local bands at the neighborhood dive which was probably the best thing to do. It sure beat sitting at home worrying about whether it was safe to go out or not. The next day, I broke the shrink wrap on Love & Theft and plopped it into the CD player. If there's ever been a more soothing musical salve, I've never heard it. Strangely prophetic at times, Love & Theft was the album that broke the musical silence for me. There was a lot of confusion and very mixed feelings that day and they're all forever captured in that record.

Edited by Jahfin

While there is money, segregation, false values and primitive hunger for power and domination - there will be pain, suffery and bloodshed. The good news is though, the system is on the way to its impending death. Ocean keeps on flowing, the bubble's bound to brake and by the time they finally realize that the people are no longer mere dreamers, the world WILL live as one. It's inevitable.

The other thing I remember after reading these accounts was Sept 12. I jog early in the morning before work, while it is still dark. Jogging down the street and looking at the dark star filled sky - and not a single plane crossing the sky due to the shutdown of flights. It just seemed so ominous.....

the eerie silence of no air traffic was another thing about the 12th.....a silence only to be broken now and then by formations of fighter jets flying up and down the Hudson......other thing about the morning of the 12th was using my snow brush to clean off the white film of what I can only imagine was ash, off my car windshield.

My daughter works not that far from ground zero now. She works for a huge marketing and financial corporation. That day really upset her as well as us all. My ex wife I will not speak for as she had one foot out the door that very week. I was at the dentist and after 9 am or so my friend called my cell as I was leaving. I ran back in and told the dentists office what was unfolding. They put on the sets. We watched the plane hit the pentagon and then knew it was no accident. It was the worst week of my life for sure. It is very difficult to walk away and not have some degree of hatred toward the race of people that did this. Killing innocent people that you do not know has no reasoning behind it and I do not buy into their religous BS. The God I believe in would never condone this. They will have to answer to him in the end. That day is proof that Satan is hard at work to destroy anything that is good. But he will lose. He is losing.

It is very difficult to walk away and not have some degree of hatred toward the race of people that did this. Killing innocent people that you do not know has no reasoning behind it and I do not buy into their religous BS. The God I believe in would never condone this. They will have to answer to him in the end. That day is proof that Satan is hard at work to destroy anything that is good. But he will lose. He is losing.

Not whilst you blame an entire race for what a handful of people did, he isn't.

• 1 year later...

I heard a statistic shortly after the events on 9/11 illustrating how many children who were either partially or totally orphaned on that day.

I still can't help but think about the little ones waiting at home or daycare centers.

This is a very sad and touching post.

I was in Gettysburg,, Pennsylvania, on the battlefield, when 9/11 occurred. I didn't hear about the disaster until later when I ventured into the town of Gettysburg

Edited by Pagefan55

• 3 years later...