Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SpookyE

Favorite versions of Dazed and Confused?

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

Offenburg is indeed a fantastic performance from Page and probably the best overall show of the tour. That being said, I really like Dazed (especially the "Machine Gun" tease before the bow solo), but it's not quite as good as the other two. The band skips the Mars: Bringer of War section, and it feels somewhat hurried and rushed (even though Page in particular is playing his ass off). Vienna and Hamburg have that little something extra, the "X factor" if you will. But Offenburg is a great rendition as well, just a 9 or 9.5 out of 10 rather than a 10 out of 10.

That's fair.  I also wish they didn't skip the Mars section.

I'll go with Hamburg and Essen 1973 with an honorable mention for both Seattle '73 and '75 (03/21/75)

Edited by mknopfler

IpMan   

Is it just me or did Jimmy play quite a bit of different sections of Maggot Brain in his D&C's from 73' on? Especially in 75' he seems to be playing whole pieces of Maggot Brain and Machine Gun.

Damn I love these versions.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Is it just me or did Jimmy play quite a bit of different sections of Maggot Brain in his D&C's from 73' on? Especially in 75' he seems to be playing whole pieces of Maggot Brain and Machine Gun.

Damn I love these versions.

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have any examples (with timestamps) of when he would play a bit of Maggot Brain?