Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

From the Honors website: http://www.kennedy-c...levents/honors/

The Sunday December 2nd Gala will be broadcast on CBS on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts has announced the selection of the seven individuals who will receive the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors. Recipients to be honored at the 35th annual national celebration of the arts are: bluesman Buddy Guy, actor and director Dustin Hoffman, comedian and television host David Letterman, ballerina Natalia Makarova, and rock band Led Zeppelin. While Led Zeppelin is being honored as a band, keyboardist/bassist John Paul Jones, guitarist Jimmy Page, and singer Robert Plant will each receive the Kennedy Center Honors.

Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant transformed the sound of rock and roll with their lyricism and innovative song structures, infusing blues into the sound of rock and roll and laying the foundation for countless rock bands.

Delta Air Lines, the official airline of the Kennedy Center Honors television broadcast, will provide transportation for the performers and television crew that will be coming to Washington for the Honors Gala.

I get a sneaking suspicion that Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters will be involved in Zeppelin's segment....perhaps even Jeff Beck, too.

I would absolutly die if this happened! I know Dave gets bashed from time to time on this forum, but I adore him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your suspicions come true, Strider! :)

Look, the point is for them to play on their own, ok? LOL

That would be nice...but this ain't the Grammys or the R n R Hall of Fame. There's a certain protocol that must be observed, especially with POTUS involved. Sorry if this bums you out, but perhaps they'll do a secret club gig in the area...maybe get together with Buddy Guy and jam.

That would be nice...but this ain't the Grammys or the R n R Hall of Fame. There's a certain protocol that must be observed, especially with POTUS involved. Sorry if this bums you out, but perhaps they'll do a secret club gig in the area...maybe get together with Buddy Guy and jam.

Now we're talking! =)

What a wonderful honor, traditionally only given to American Artists or to artists from other nations who have had a huge impact in the United States.

Dec. 26th on CBS set your DVRs!

Jimmy in a tux, hopefully with an elegant scarf!!!

:) sigh! Lol!

Should be a great show!

...indeed, congrats...to our Forever Young Men of our Passionate Led Zeppelin!!

and the Elegant Scarf surely will set the evening, I can't imagine anything else!!! I would like to see the returrn of the Original Blue Polka Dot Scarf..I have seen the latest Black Polka Dot w/Jimmy!!

another article

http://www.washingto...nnedy-centers-/

...indeed, congrats...to our Forever Young Men of our Passionate Led Zeppelin!!

and the Elegant Scarf surely will set the evening, I can't imagine anything else!!! I would like to see the returrn of the Original Blue Polka Dot Scarf..I have seen the latest Black Polka Dot w/Jimmy!!

another article

http://www.washingto...nnedy-centers-/

I wouldn't mind that. :D I am sure no matter what he wears -- it will be perfect. I expect nothing less with him.

Hi Deb! :wave: That was a great night, wasn't it? So much fun! If only we could go to the Kennedy Center Honors. :)

If only!!! Yes, that was a great night and beyond fun indeed! Can you imagine if we were in the audience, all we would do is be looking at them the whole time..and we would have to completely behave!! That is one elegant event I would love to attend. I really am so proud of them.

I am very excited about this honor, maybe more so than the O2 news!

I think that this will get JPJ, Robert, and Jimmy (and possibly Jason) together again with the hope that they will possibly perform there, or perhaps give them the opportunity to talk to each other about performing again in the future. I think that is our best hope of at least seeing them physically together again, we can only hope for them performing together again. For myself, I will be happy just to see them together again.

I am very happy for them to receive this honor. Congratulations! It is well deserved, as we all know.

If only!!! Yes, that was a great night and beyond fun indeed! Can you imagine if we were in the audience, all we would do is be looking at them the whole time..and we would have to completely behave!! That is one elegant event I would love to attend. I really am so proud of them.

...it would be hard not to act like a teenager...all too too much to look at them, D&C... what year, what decade!!! With The Legendary B. Guy being there, I cannot imagine Jimmy and Robert not being there...it is rather mandatory to be present on the same stage!! :)

...and AEN, I too expect nothing less from Jimmy!! He has to be there, Gracing this Legendary Stage, that is in order!!

If not on the guest list, I'm betting Paul Ryan and his team have already developed a blueprint, dubbed "the crunge," which will secure Ryan access and major visibility at the event.

He will exude a vibe that sober common sense and ultimate rock and roll have a greater harmony than many want, or are willing to believe.

...it would be hard not to act like a teenager...all too too much to look at them, D&C... what year, what decade!!! With The Legendary B. Guy being there, I cannot imagine Jimmy and Robert not being there...it is rather mandatory to be present on the same stage!! :)

...and AEN, I too expect nothing less from Jimmy!! He has to be there, Gracing this Legendary Stage, that is in order!!

In case you missed it, the rules of the Kennedy Honors make it MANDATORY that all recipients have to appear(with the exception of death, of course), so Robert, Jimmy, Jones, and some representative of the Bonham family WILL BE THERE.

In case you missed it, the rules of the Kennedy Honors make it MANDATORY that all recipients have to appear(with the exception of death, of course), so Robert, Jimmy, Jones, and some representative of the Bonham family WILL BE THERE.

Strider, I did read this, but I totally forgot about this mandatory point...thank you for stressing it...

From a Yahoo News article:

The three surviving members of the Britain's Led Zeppelin — John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant — are being honored for transforming the sound of rock and roll. They influenced many other bands with their innovative, blues-infused hits such as "Good Times Bad Times," ''Immigrant Song," ''Kashmir" and "Stairway to Heaven."

The band, which has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, issued a joint statement saying America was the first place to embrace their music.

"We owe a large debt to the vitality and variety of the music of the American people," they wrote.

Archived