BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

13 hours ago, ebk said:

Had a lovely, healthy bowl of oatmeal and yogurt this morning.  I can now go back to my regular eating habits as I've appeased the New Year gods :)

Happy New Year to you, cp, and the lovely Mrs cp.  There's nothing I'd enjoy more that meeting up and having a meal and a drink...or two!  Hopefully soon!!

13 hours ago, Ddladner said:

cp, Happy New Year to you and Mrs. cp!  I wish you many blessings in the coming year. 

Your New Year's Day dinner sounds splendid, and in our virtual world of friendship, I graciously accept your invitation. Consider me there! 

Looking forward to seeing what delectable meals you will be preparing throughout the year.

:friends: 

You are more than welcome to our humble cottage in the country ladies. A happy new year to you both and here's to many a delight in the kitchen. A cold start today so we are braving it and having a round of golf, well at least it is sunny. A breakfast of poached egg on wholemeal toast and blueberries and yogurt should see us through

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

You are more than welcome to our humble cottage in the country ladies. A happy new year to you both and here's to many a delight in the kitchen. A cold start today so we are braving it and having a round of golf, well at least it is sunny. A breakfast of poached egg on wholemeal toast and blueberries and yogurt should see us through

Many thanks, cp!  You are going to be mighty surprised when ebk and I show up at your doorstep one day! :) 

On 1/2/2017 at 10:20 AM, craigled said:

All our leftover turkey seems to have been eaten- PHEW. Because i have been busy with my football, Its been a quick tea, Tuna,chips, bread and my favourites, grapes.

Do you boil the carcass down for soup stock?

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Duck confit tacos. Chips and guacamole and salsas. Beer. Lunch is served. For you beer mavens, I had Beachwood BBQ Brew's Citraholic IPA on tap. Brewed in Long Beach, CA with an ABV of 7.1.

20170105_132622.jpg

Looks tasty, Strider! I have become fond of IPAs lately. 

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Duck confit tacos. Chips and guacamole and salsas. Beer. Lunch is served. For you beer mavens, I had Beachwood BBQ Brew's Citraholic IPA on tap. Brewed in Long Beach, CA with an ABV of 7.1.

20170105_132622.jpg

7.1 ?? Jeeze that is near Trapise proportions. I would have to have a lie down after a pint of that. Lunch looks great though man. 

11 hours ago, craigled said:

Prefer a meat & potato pie. I had one for dinner. Chips and tuna for tea.

For our west side friends, Cottage pie is a dish of minced beef,carrots and tommy puree, slow cooked with creamy mashed potatoes on top.I also add Parmesan on the top but it is optional

Meat & Potato pie has a pastry topping and is a completely different beast altogether.

You do like Tuna and chips? A combination that to be honest doesn't float my boat. How exactly do you do your Tuna? 

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

7.1 ?? Jeeze that is near Trapise proportions. I would have to have a lie down after a pint of that. Lunch looks great though man. 

You smoke every day and yet a 7.1 is gonna lay you out? Come on, man...who you trying to kid? Hehehe.

FYI: I'm a Cottage Pie guy...and I also like the parmesan cheese on top.

Edited by Strider

1 minute ago, Strider said:

You smoke every day and a 7.1 is gonna lay you out? Come on, man...who you trying to kid? Hehehe.

FYI: I'm a Cottage Pie guy...and I also like the parmesan cheese on top.

I don't smoke every day man. Only weekends and maybe a Wednesday. I have said many many times on this forum I am not a beer drinker but believe me a beer of that magnitude would knock me out. :D

Had sea food for the first time at an office party, recently. 

It was at a Kebab cum pub type of joint. It is called The Big Pitcher

http://www.bigpitcher.co.in/

For the record, my dad is highly allergic to sea food. I was terrified to try the prawn kebab, for obvious reasons. Then in went in a few beers (I can sure as hell, out drink any man in my office ;) ) and in spite of being pretty drunk, I can tell you that the prawn kebab and chicken kebab were absolutely lip smacking.

The lamb kebab was just OK. The taste was great, but manually deboning each and every freakin' piece of kebab was messy and annoying! 

I highly recommend The Big Pitcher to anyone visiting Bangalore, who wants to go out and have some good culinary  

3 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

A plate of veggies and a bottle of water - I could eat my own hand I'm so hungry for real food right now. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well fucking eat some Chalks !!

I agree! Life's too short to skip the glorious food part. I find that if you just watch your portions, and you have a general leaning toward healthier, balanced meals, you can eat pretty much anything. Exercise helps, too, which I know you do a lot of.  Nothing wrong with veggies, but if you are craving your own hand, time to rethink your strategy, haha! Do not miss out on life!! :) 

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Had sea food for the first time at an office party, recently. 

It was at a Kebab cum pub type of joint. It is called The Big Pitcher

http://www.bigpitcher.co.in/

For the record, my dad is highly allergic to sea food. I was terrified to try the prawn kebab, for obvious reasons. Then in went in a few beers (I can sure as hell, out drink any man in my office ;) ) and in spite of being pretty drunk, I can tell you that the prawn kebab and chicken kebab were absolutely lip smacking.

The lamb kebab was just OK. The taste was great, but manually deboning each and every freakin' piece of kebab was messy and annoying! 

I highly recommend The Big Pitcher to anyone visiting Bangalore, who wants to go out and have some good culinary  

Kiwi, it's amazing to me that you have never eaten seafood before now, but with your dad's allergy, I'm sure you weren't exposed to it much while growing up. I have lived in several different places, but always near the ocean, and seafood has always been a large part of my diet. 

6 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Kiwi, it's amazing to me that you have never eaten seafood before now, but with your dad's allergy, I'm sure you weren't exposed to it much while growing up. I have lived in several different places, but always near the ocean, and seafood has always been a large part of my diet. 

Same here. I sea food...I eat it. :D