BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

28 minutes ago, ebk said:

Leftover roast beef hash (with potatoes and onions) - yummmmm

And a lovely merlot.  Walter, it's Decoy Merlot, the secondary label from Duckhorn.  $20 instead of $60 and just as good!

Nice!  I'll have to look for it! ??

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Avocado sandwich. One whole ripe Hass avocado scooped out on toasted wheat bread lightly spread with mayonnaise. Some salt 'n' pepper and a slice of swiss cheese. Bowl of tomato soup. Chamomile hot tea.

:Thinking:Gotta try again. Maybe some Guacamole and a tortilla crisp with a glass of wine tomorrow will do it? 

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:Thinking:Gotta try again. Maybe some Guacamole and a tortilla crisp with a glass of wine tomorrow will do it? 

That would do it for me, cp!  Avocado, red onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, sea salt.  I like mine a bit chunky.  I may have to make this today!  :) 

6 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

That would do it for me, cp!  Avocado, red onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, sea salt.  I like mine a bit chunky.  I may have to make this today!  :) 

So a Tommy dip - slightly spicy and an Avo dip? Yes I think pre dinner at the bar, with a cold glass of Sauvignion Blanc. That will do nicely. Maybe make a steaming bowl of Chilli to go with it. It would be a tonic for this brutal cold weather outside^_^. Thanks Debs

Edited by chillumpuffer

15 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

So a Tommy dip - slightly spicy and an Avo dip? Yes I think pre dinner at the bar, with a cold glass of Sauvignion Blanc. That will do nicely. Maybe make a steaming bowl of Chilli to go with it. It would be a tonic for this brutal cold weather outside^_^. Thanks Debs

You have a lovely meal planned, cp! Sounds perfect for a cold weather day.  Heavy on the avocados and light on the tomatoes and onion.  I use about six Hass avocados and only one small tomato, chopped onto a paper towel first so that your dip is not full of tomato juice. ;)  Toss the avocado pit in the dip to preserve the color, or just eat it up quickly like we do, hehe.  

10 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Our avacado tree in the front yard, which was raised as a seed by Walter Jr and his grandmother, finally bore some fruit last week.  Mrs Walter made them into some awesome Guacamole last night - which we had with some tortilla chips along with cranberry and vodka cocktails.  Too good.  CP we have a place nearby called Raco's Tacos and Tequilla Bar, where they make it right in front of you.  If you were ever to come here it'd be a place to take you and then if you still don't like guacamole, you probably never will.  Fun place - especially late at night when some naked dancing on top of the bar has been known to take place...  

13 hours ago, Strider said:

I think CP's problem isn't that he doesn't like guacamole...it is that he does not like the taste of unadorned avocado.

Spot on buddy. It's the texture also. I mean I love food as you know. I love the taste of, say Mangoes or Strawberries. Curries, lamb and beef. But Avo's!! Texture like putty, taste of fuck all !

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Our avacado tree in the front yard, which was raised as a seed by Walter Jr and his grandmother, finally bore some fruit last week.  Mrs Walter made them into some awesome Guacamole last night - which we had with some tortilla chips along with cranberry and vodka cocktails.  Too good.  CP we have a place nearby called Raco's Tacos and Tequilla Bar, where they make it right in front of you.  If you were ever to come here it'd be a place to take you and then if you still don't like guacamole, you probably never will.  Fun place - especially late at night when some naked dancing on top of the bar has been known to take place...  

Man: you are quoting my all time hates in food and drink. Avo's of course and Tequilla. Even the mere thought of that Mexican fire water makes me nauseous. Whisky comes in a close second on the ghastlyometer. 

I'll take the naked dancing on the bar -  but best us two go eh?^_^

Anyone ever hear of Ike's Place or Ike's Love & Sandwiches?

I'm having one of their Madison Bumgarner sandwiches right now and it's super delish. Sliced rib-eye steak, yellow bbq sauce, habanero peppers, American and pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, on Ike's Dutch Crunch bread.

On January 13, 2017 at 8:50 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Man: you are quoting my all time hates in food and drink. Avo's of course and Tequilla. Even the mere thought of that Mexican fire water makes me nauseous. Whisky comes in a close second on the ghastlyometer. 

I'll take the naked dancing on the bar -  but best us two go eh?^_^

Mrs Walter would never let that happen - she loves that place too much!  I'm no fan of Tequilla that's for sure.  I once pierced my ear, with my mothers pearl earring, while wasted on Tequilla.  Just shoved it right through my lobe until I felt it pop out the backside.  Of course it was too close to my face and I was sick for two days after - at which time I pulled it out and got it properly pierced....

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Mrs Walter would never let that happen - she loves that place too much!  I'm no fan of Tequilla that's for sure.  I once pierced my ear, with my mothers pearl earring, while wasted on Tequilla.  Just shoved it right through my lobe until I felt it pop out the backside.  Of course it was too close to my face and I was sick for two days after - at which time I pulled it out and got it properly pierced....

I have done the exact same thing with my ear. On Live Aid night in 1985. I already had an earring in and I thought it would be cool to have another. Beer and smoke - not a good mix ? 

Dinner this evening:

Stuffed Crown of Duck Breast ( sage, onion and apricot), Sweet Potato mash and green beans. A redcurrant sauce

Dinner this evening:

Flamenco Eggs.

This heart warming little ditty is a Spanish classic. Onions Garlic, Serrano Ham, Tomatoes, Chorizo, Hot Smoked Paprika,Roasted Red Peppers, Fine Beans,Peas all in a pan and cook on the hob , break a couple of eggs in and finish in the oven so the warm egg yolks meld into the mix, Serve with a couple of slices of garlic infused Rye bread -griddled. Heaven

I will be washing it down with a Reserva Rioja or I may open a bottle of Red "Dao" from Portugal. Mrs CP will stick to white unless she tastes the red and guzzles that

Edited by chillumpuffer

Been a while since I last photographed some food! :P

Sometimes, simplicity is just what the doctor ordered.

Moong Dal Namkeen + Peanuts = yummy! I highly recommend this snack combination, especially during happy hour! B) 

I love the yellow shade of Moong Dal and the gentleness on the palate. Pretty and mild! Just the way I like it!  

I asked my co-workers yesterday, what their favourite namkeens were. 

It turns out that the least popular choice was Moong Dal namkeen, driven by the lack of spices (a lack of spices is perceived as a lack of flavour - I too like spices, but I couldn't disagree more. At times, it is better to keep things simple and pleasant). 

I am the only one in my office, who loves Halidram's Moon Dal Namkeen! 

IMG_1464.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87