BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Good grief cp - are you two okay?? ;)

Dinner last night was at Osteria Morini near Nats Park.  We had sopressata, smoked trout, and gorgonzola dolce for the antipasti.  I had the pappardelle with duck ragu.  And we had a bottle (or 2) of Montepulciano di Conero 'Piancarda' | Garofoli 2014.

I can't possibly have a dry anything at the moment because it's my birthday month!!  I will be truly old later this week, so I'm gonna live it up.  Because...why not!:drinks:

Tip top Esther thanks.

We had a week off last week and we ate and drank and smoked well into the evening, every evening, and you can only get enough of a good thing before the word " normal" comes into the equation. Don't worry my diva friend "normal" service will be resumed Friday :D

Friday evening and it's spicy !!

A Beef Rendang. This classic dish is so fantastic I count it as my all time favourite curry. This is the Malaysian version as opposed to Indonesian.

First make a paste:

Fresh Coconut is grated and dry fried until browned. With this make a paste with Kashmiri chillies (dried) garlic,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,onions,fresh ginger and mild red chillies (fresh), water

Fry stewing beef and add the paste, coconut milk,Kaffir lime leaves,cinnamon sticks and fresh lemon grass. When boiling add tamarind water and cook for 2 1/2 hours.When nearly ready stir. This will thicken the curry

When almost done add palm sugar and serve with rice but I will have Roti. I sometimes do a cucumber salad but not this time

This is a hot,spicy truly wonderful dish which bursts with flavour.

Some vanilla Ice cream and berries to sooth the taste buds for afters

Wines and green to round off.

32 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Friday evening and it's spicy !!

A Beef Rendang. This classic dish is so fantastic I count it as my all time favourite curry. This is the Malaysian version as opposed to Indonesian.

First make a paste:

Fresh Coconut is grated and dry fried until browned. With this make a paste with Kashmiri chillies (dried) garlic,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,onions,fresh ginger and mild red chillies (fresh), water

Fry stewing beef and add the paste, coconut milk,Kaffir lime leaves,cinnamon sticks and fresh lemon grass. When boiling add tamarind water and cook for 2 1/2 hours.When nearly ready stir. This will thicken the curry

When almost done add palm sugar and serve with rice but I will have Roti. I sometimes do a cucumber salad but not this time

This is a hot,spicy truly wonderful dish which bursts with flavour.

Some vanilla Ice cream and berries to sooth the taste buds for afters

Wines and green to round off.

CP, that sounds soooooo delicous. Can you please offer it on Deliveroo? I would like to order it :flying:

Thanks for the recipe. Where do I get tamarind water from? Chinese Supermarket? I had a Duck Panang Curry for lunch. My favorite Thai Curry.

Last week Duck Spring Rolls were on your menue - I am famous for my self cooked Spring Rolls :gimmefive:

16 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

CP, that sounds soooooo delicous. Can you please offer it on Deliveroo? I would like to order it :flying:

Thanks for the recipe. Where do I get tamarind water from? Chinese Supermarket? I had a Duck Panang Curry for lunch. My favorite Thai Curry.

Last week Duck Spring Rolls were on your menue - I am famous for my self cooked Spring Rolls :gimmefive:

Tamarind is easily available in the Chinese Supermarket. In block form where you mix with hot water and strain the seeds out or ready bottled. It's a vital ingredient in South Indian curries where a tart flavour is needed. The Rendang was historic !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curry evening this evening. I have on the table:

Madras style Fish Curry. A pungent curry from Tamil Nadu, South India

Spicy, rich and sweet with Coconut. A paste with tomatoes,coconut, ginger,garlic and poppy seeds. Loads of other things including, Tamarind, Curry leaves, mustard seeds, onions,cumin and fenugreek seeds. I am using Cod Loin for the fish which will be marinated for an hour or so in Cider Vinegar and Lime juice.

Basmati rice and breads for the side.

Passion fruit and Mango Cheesecake for afters.

Wine and some very gooey black hash for relaxers

Weird curry last evening.It was missing something and I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyway.....

Roast Pork Belly. Roasted on top of sweet Onions and a half bottle of cider. I have massaged sage leaves, white pepper and oil on top of the piggy. This is cooking as I type and I will make a gravy with cream and wholegrain mustard and the remains of the juices.

Served with creamy mashed Potatoes and Black Kale (Cavolo Nero)

A rich red will go well for me and a dry white for 'er indoors

In a celebration of the Conservatives holding a conference in Manchester I'll have a big fat joint in defiance

Went to our favorite Italian place near the ballpark.  Had the pappardelle  with duck ragu.  Shared an arugula salad, and then some pumpkin donuts for dessert.  There may have been a bottle of Italian red wine somewhere too... :)

20 hours ago, ebk said:

Went to our favorite Italian place near the ballpark.  Had the pappardelle  with duck ragu.  Shared an arugula salad, and then some pumpkin donuts for dessert.  There may have been a bottle of Italian red wine somewhere too... :)

I made sauce today.  Having it soon.  Using Barilla thin spaghetti as I like it and the DR said its better for you.  I prefer the California dry reds over any wine anywhere.  Napa Valley.  

On the table this evening:

Chicken Liver Pate with thins

Spatchcock Piri Piri Chicken and thick cut Chips

A "Blackbomber" mature Cheddar and A Local Stilton for cheeses. Quince Jelly and a glass of Muscat

Wines: A Gran Reserva Red from The Douro, Portugal and A New Zealand Sauvignion Blanc