Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Good grief cp - are you two okay?? ;)

Dinner last night was at Osteria Morini near Nats Park.  We had sopressata, smoked trout, and gorgonzola dolce for the antipasti.  I had the pappardelle with duck ragu.  And we had a bottle (or 2) of Montepulciano di Conero 'Piancarda' | Garofoli 2014.

I can't possibly have a dry anything at the moment because it's my birthday month!!  I will be truly old later this week, so I'm gonna live it up.  Because...why not!:drinks:

Tip top Esther thanks.

We had a week off last week and we ate and drank and smoked well into the evening, every evening, and you can only get enough of a good thing before the word " normal" comes into the equation. Don't worry my diva friend "normal" service will be resumed Friday :D

Strider   
9 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Porridge 

Hot or cold, Oliver Twist?

Fish (cod) 'n' Chips, peas and cole slaw. Three pints of Ballantine's.

Friday evening and it's spicy !!

A Beef Rendang. This classic dish is so fantastic I count it as my all time favourite curry. This is the Malaysian version as opposed to Indonesian.

First make a paste:

Fresh Coconut is grated and dry fried until browned. With this make a paste with Kashmiri chillies (dried) garlic,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,onions,fresh ginger and mild red chillies (fresh), water

Fry stewing beef and add the paste, coconut milk,Kaffir lime leaves,cinnamon sticks and fresh lemon grass. When boiling add tamarind water and cook for 2 1/2 hours.When nearly ready stir. This will thicken the curry

When almost done add palm sugar and serve with rice but I will have Roti. I sometimes do a cucumber salad but not this time

This is a hot,spicy truly wonderful dish which bursts with flavour.

Some vanilla Ice cream and berries to sooth the taste buds for afters

Wines and green to round off.

LedZed66   
32 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Friday evening and it's spicy !!

A Beef Rendang. This classic dish is so fantastic I count it as my all time favourite curry. This is the Malaysian version as opposed to Indonesian.

First make a paste:

Fresh Coconut is grated and dry fried until browned. With this make a paste with Kashmiri chillies (dried) garlic,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,onions,fresh ginger and mild red chillies (fresh), water

Fry stewing beef and add the paste, coconut milk,Kaffir lime leaves,cinnamon sticks and fresh lemon grass. When boiling add tamarind water and cook for 2 1/2 hours.When nearly ready stir. This will thicken the curry

When almost done add palm sugar and serve with rice but I will have Roti. I sometimes do a cucumber salad but not this time

This is a hot,spicy truly wonderful dish which bursts with flavour.

Some vanilla Ice cream and berries to sooth the taste buds for afters

Wines and green to round off.

CP, that sounds soooooo delicous. Can you please offer it on Deliveroo? I would like to order it :flying:

Thanks for the recipe. Where do I get tamarind water from? Chinese Supermarket? I had a Duck Panang Curry for lunch. My favorite Thai Curry.

Last week Duck Spring Rolls were on your menue - I am famous for my self cooked Spring Rolls :gimmefive:

Walter   

New York style bacon and mushroom pizza w/ extra crispy wings tossed in buffalo hot sauce, along with blue cheese dressing for dipping and celery to cool the tongue down.

16 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

CP, that sounds soooooo delicous. Can you please offer it on Deliveroo? I would like to order it :flying:

Thanks for the recipe. Where do I get tamarind water from? Chinese Supermarket? I had a Duck Panang Curry for lunch. My favorite Thai Curry.

Last week Duck Spring Rolls were on your menue - I am famous for my self cooked Spring Rolls :gimmefive:

Tamarind is easily available in the Chinese Supermarket. In block form where you mix with hot water and strain the seeds out or ready bottled. It's a vital ingredient in South Indian curries where a tart flavour is needed. The Rendang was historic !

Seafood Paella this evening. Chicken liver parfait and thins to start and finished off with a Red Cherry Cheesecake for dessert

Cheese and crackers. I have a Cornish Garlic Yarg and a Leadam Blue

Wines, red and white and dessert wine. Green for laughs

A rolled loin of Lamb with Dauphinoise Potatoes and heritage carrots for dinner this evening. I have a Portuguese Red and Mrs CP has a New Zealand Sauvignion Blanc

ebk   

Mr ebk is making pancakes right now!  

Tonight, we're meeting friends for Cuban food.  There will be wine.

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Mr ebk is making pancakes right now!  

Tonight, we're meeting friends for Cuban food.  There will be wine.

SHOCK :o

Strider   

Seafood dinner before the Herbie Hancock concert.

Steamed clams and New Zealand mussels with Rosé wine.

Then sesame-crusted Albacore with Wasabi Soy dressing. Mermaid Red ale by Coronado Brewery.

20170823_204621.thumb.jpg.6005353655a5081d91508d85be630d40.jpg

LedZed66   

A fine minestrone with baguette and kippers. And a very nice Prosecco is waiting for me in the fridge ;)