Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Recommended Posts

New year and no sign of the cooking for me to cease.

Starter: Couple glasses of cold, white wine. The White Rioja from last evening should do. A smoke of Blonde Maroc

Pan Fried Roast Daffy. Dauphinoise Potatoes. Carrots. Redcurrant/Cranberry/Quince Jellies. Not sure which one. 2012 Reserva Rioja "Definition"

Some cheeses and White Port 

Relax in front of the Woodburner and enjoy more smokes and tunes. Oh the joys of not over indulging last evening !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A very Happy New Year to everyone.
 
Wow, Passion Fruit Souffle, that sounds fantastic, CP.
 
Yesterday's boiled beef made a terrific soup today, upgraded with noodles and semolina dumplings.
 
After 4 weeks of total food debauchery (sweets, meat, alcohol) I'm looking forward to my daily diet. :blink:
(Alcohol on weekends only, almost no sweets, no eating after 4 pm on weekdays)
Next festive season: Carnival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2018 at 6:28 PM, LedZed66 said:
A very Happy New Year to everyone.
 
Wow, Passion Fruit Souffle, that sounds fantastic, CP.
 
Yesterday's boiled beef made a terrific soup today, upgraded with noodles and semolina dumplings.
 
After 4 weeks of total food debauchery (sweets, meat, alcohol) I'm looking forward to my daily diet. :blink:
(Alcohol on weekends only, almost no sweets, no eating after 4 pm on weekdays)
Next festive season: Carnival

Happy Food Year Led

Passion Fruit Souffle was a winner - It's a rare sight, Mrs CP in the Kitchen, but she pulled of a winner for sure

To be honest we didn't really debauched on food and drinks over the festive period. Hangovers for me on wine are rare and weed never makes me feel rough in the morning

Just had some smoked fish and salad which is par for the course for lunch. 4 dry days a week ( no weed or wine) but Mrs CP doesn't get home till after 5 so dinner will be @ 7 as usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.1.2018 at 3:04 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Happy Food Year Led

Passion Fruit Souffle was a winner - It's a rare sight, Mrs CP in the Kitchen, but she pulled of a winner for sure

To be honest we didn't really debauched on food and drinks over the festive period. Hangovers for me on wine are rare and weed never makes me feel rough in the morning

Just had some smoked fish and salad which is par for the course for lunch. 4 dry days a week ( no weed or wine) but Mrs CP doesn't get home till after 5 so dinner will be @ 7 as usual

Happy Food Year to you too, CP.

Debauchery with alcohol means, that I drank a glass of wine or a digestiv every day over the festive season (for about 2 weeks). Usually we drink one bottle of wine on weekends - that's no rock'n roll lifestyle.

I arrive at home from work at 5.30-6 pm. But I turn into the Hulk when I'm hungry. To protect my environment, I eat my dinner at lunchtime :D
Today we visited a Turkish restaurant. Stuffed eggplant (Imam Bayildi) with rice and salad. 2 tangerines made the dessert.

I like smoked fish too.  I think, I like all kinds of fish dishes :fisheat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

sunflower seeds

Your not a Greenfinch are you Paul because I feed them to my garden birds;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just finished the usual Sunday roast.
Charcoal Weber BBQ with mesquite wood chips that were soaked all day for that delicious smoky flavour. A mad leg of lamb. Was beautiful as always, and have lunch for tomorrow at work.

Edited by rm2551

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Just finished the usual Sunday roast.
Charcoal Weber BBQ with mesquite wood chips that were soaked all day for that delicious smoky flavour. A mad leg of lamb. Was beautiful as always, and have lunch for tomorrow at work.

A  seriously good way of cooking anything from Ocean Prowlers to Land Eaters. Pity we can only use ours once or twice a year ! Leg butterflied rm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

A  seriously good way of cooking anything from Ocean Prowlers to Land Eaters. Pity we can only use ours once or twice a year ! Leg butterflied rm?

Nah mate, just the whole leg intact. A rosemary and garlic/salt/pepper goo rubbed all over it, and on it goes.

I like the butterflied legs or rolled beef on a charcoal spit, but only the father in law has that.

I have done a chook butterflied Portuguese style. Another cracking good winner right there old son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Nah mate, just the whole leg intact. A rosemary and garlic/salt/pepper goo rubbed all over it, and on it goes.

I like the butterflied legs or rolled beef on a charcoal spit, but only the father in law has that.

I have done a chook butterflied Portuguese style. Another cracking good winner right there old son.

Indeed Piri Piri style Chook - beyond wonderful. Try the same but Jerk Styleeeeeee. A warm evening, some dub and some of what you fancy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having friends over for dinner and I have prepared for their culinary delectation:

Tom Yam soup. A hot and sour Thai Prawn soup

Beef Rendang. Spicy Cucumber Salad. Turmeric Rice

Raspberry Cheesecake

A selection of cheeses and 15 year old White Port

The Champagne we had left over from Christmas. Reds and Whites and Green

Edited by chillumpuffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We are having friends over for dinner and I have prepared for their culinary delectation:

Tom Yam soup. A hot and sour Thai Prawn soup

Beef Rendang. Spicy Cucumber Salad. Turmeric Rice

Raspberry Cheesecake

A selection of cheeses and 15 year old White Port

The Champagne we had left over from Christmas. Reds and Whites and Green

I'm a big fan of the Tom Yam soup. What kind of mushrooms do you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×