Oak Smoked Back Bacon

Fried Duck Eggs

Baked Beans

Mushrooms

Toast with Seville Marmalade, Marmite

Fresh Orange Juice.

The sun is shining and a round of golf booked. Happy days indeed. :hurrah:

Do the English eat mushrooms? 
  Take a head of a Scotch kale, slaw it, put in a metal bowl, add two cups of water and stew, until it gets half-cooked. Take the bowl from the stove and drain the water.
Add a tea-spoon of salt, two or three spoons of sugar, two spoons of vinegar, cloves and peppercorns.Add two spoons of water and stew until done.

On 11/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Ras el Hanout is my go to spice for the Tagine. It's the best for Moroccan food. Google it and see if you can find it in your local spice store?

Plenty of Cassia Bark (cinnamon if you like), Onions and Garlic, Ginger (fresh or powder), Cumin, Sweet paprika, coriander stems and leaves, Apricots, Tin of Plum Toms, Sweet Potato and Chick Peas. Lamb Stock and cook - for a long time. I use a leg of Lamb though you can use Shoulder. A Beautiful dish for an Autumn dinner. Serve with a robust red. Oh and crusty bread.

Had to google the Ras el Hanout but it's the same mixture my Moroccan cookbook calls "secret spice mix",  I grind the spices with a mortar and pestle.

Your Tagine recipe sounds fantastic. Do you use dried apricots?

This weekend we're going to have a traditional menue. This morning my mother-in-law delivered fresh Kale from the garden. Usually Kale is harvested after a frost but the night temperatures don't go below 10C this year. There's no frost in sight.

Kale, smoked gammon, potatoes, onions, salt - yummy

2017_D_K_06_12_7587.thumb.jpg.371dda0f427f415eba73af08b3e728cb.jpg

Edited by LedZed66

2 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Had to google the Ras el Hanout but it's the same mixture my Moroccan cookbook calls "secret spice mix",  I grind the spices with a mortar and pestle.

Your Tagine recipe sounds fantastic. Do you use dried apricots?

This weekend we're going to have a traditional menue. This morning my mother-in-law delivered fresh Kale from the garden. Usually Kale is harvested after a frost but the night temperatures don't go below 10C this year. There's no frost in sight.

Kale, smoked gammon, potatoes, onions, salt - yummy

2017_D_K_06_12_7587.thumb.jpg.371dda0f427f415eba73af08b3e728cb.jpg

Hi Led. Yes dried Apricots. I love them neat anyway.

Kale is seriously great. We also have Black Kale or Cavolo Nero which is also lovely.

Your menu includes one of the things I am not keen on. Gammon. Though i notice it's smoked Gammon. I have not tried that. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen it. Mrs CP has Gammon occasionally if she is out and it is generally served with a fried or poached egg on top.

Tonight's Bill of fayre:

Prawns and Squid rings lightly fried in Garlic butter

Duck. Pan fried with Asparagus and Garlic Roasties. Redcurrant Jus. Wine from Italy and Spain - lots of it. Oh and some green.

Peach and Berry Tartlets. Greek Yogurt

On 11/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Led. Yes dried Apricots. I love them neat anyway.

Kale is seriously great. We also have Black Kale or Cavolo Nero which is also lovely.

Your menu includes one of the things I am not keen on. Gammon. Though i notice it's smoked Gammon. I have not tried that. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen it. Mrs CP has Gammon occasionally if she is out and it is generally served with a fried or poached egg on top.

Tonight's Bill of fayre:

Prawns and Squid rings lightly fried in Garlic butter

Duck. Pan fried with Asparagus and Garlic Roasties. Redcurrant Jus. Wine from Italy and Spain - lots of it. Oh and some green.

Peach and Berry Tartlets. Greek Yogurt

Hi CP, never heard of Gammon with egg as a hot meal but we have gammon with egg in aspic (one of the things I'm not keen on)

We enjoyed a super delicious French cheese this weekend. Super creamy with a wonderful taste. Looked like this:

cheese.thumb.jpg.6c1f45bba324599db5ae9edb07fe4c7e.jpg

On 11/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks Esther.

This evening not too lavish i'm afraid.

Roasted chicken pieces with crispy fries.

Who needs lavish??  I could live on chicken and fries.  

And wine... 

Been getting ready for today’s championship race. Have two - 1 lb aged NY strip steaks seasoned and ready. Along with sautéed mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, fresh green beans and garlic bread tonight.  Starting with some Old Bay seasoned shrimp with extra horseradish cocktail sauce. 

image.jpg

Edited by Walter

On 11/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, Walter said:

Been getting ready for today’s championship race. Have two - 1 lb aged NY strip steaks seasoned and ready. Along with sautéed mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, fresh green beans and garlic bread tonight.  Starting with some Old Bay seasoned shrimp with extra horseradish cocktail sauce. 

image.jpg

A lb of steak EACH. :o We would have to half that. Though then again if you were toking all day you could possibly eat the lot?

17 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

A lb of steak EACH. :o We would have to half that. Though then again if you were toking all day you could possibly eat the lot?

Only ate about half of them, each. The rest was good for a sliced steak sandwich yesterday. No more red meat for a while! Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday dinner and the weather is fucking awful ( stormy winds, snow and freezing rain) so it's time for some well worn favourites.

Cromer Crab. Plump full crab with my own Marie Rose dressing and served with Fin Crisp Crackers

Pan fried roast Duck with Cranberry jus. Creamy mash and griddled Asparagus Spears.

Cheese Board with all sorts of delights including an award winning buffalo blue Cheese

A Guggenheim Cabernet Sauvignon Argentinean red from 2012

Green and some lovely "marley" Moroccan hash whilst chilling with some beats in front of the woodstove.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Eve and it's all Ocean Prowlers all the way:

Anchovies marinated in sweet Chilli

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Pin Wheels. Rocket and a Quince Jelly on the side

Pan Fried Scottish Halibut Steak, Crisp Roasties, Asparagus and a White Wine Cream and Tarragon Sauce

Home made Truffles and a selection of Cheeses

A Cracking Red from Sicily and a lovely Macon Villages.

A mate gave me a Bud which, without a word of a lie, tastes like Chocolate mint !! And it's gorge.

Happy Christmas and a foodie New year all.

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Christmas Eve and it's all Ocean Prowlers all the way:

Anchovies marinated in sweet Chilli

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Pin Wheels. Rocket and a Quince Jelly on the side

Pan Fried Scottish Halibut Steak, Crisp Roasties, Asparagus and a White Wine Cream and Tarragon Sauce

Home made Truffles and a selection of Cheeses

A Cracking Red from Sicily and a lovely Macon Villages.

A mate gave me a Bud which, without a word of a lie, tastes like Chocolate mint !! And it's gorge.

Happy Christmas and a foodie New year all.

That sounds like the perfect dinner! 

Merry Christmas to you and the lovey Mrs.!!