Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Pan fried Salmon Filet, Dauphanoise Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli Florets. A fine Rioja and a cheeky green

On 3/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Full English this morning:

Lincolnshire Pork Bangers

Oak Smoked Back Bacon

Fried Duck Eggs

Baked Beans

Mushrooms

Toast with Seville Marmalade, Marmite

Fresh Orange Juice.

The sun is shining and a round of golf booked. Happy days indeed. :hurrah:

Do the English eat mushrooms? 
  Take a head of a Scotch kale, slaw it, put in a metal bowl, add two cups of water and stew, until it gets half-cooked. Take the bowl from the stove and drain the water.
Add a tea-spoon of salt, two or three spoons of sugar, two spoons of vinegar, cloves and peppercorns.Add two spoons of water and stew until done.

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Pan fried Salmon Filet, Dauphanoise Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli Florets. A fine Rioja and a cheeky green

I really wish I lived near you... 

14 hours ago, ebk said:

I really wish I lived near you... 

Thanks Esther.

This evening not too lavish i'm afraid.

Roasted chicken pieces with crispy fries.

On 11/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Ras el Hanout is my go to spice for the Tagine. It's the best for Moroccan food. Google it and see if you can find it in your local spice store?

Plenty of Cassia Bark (cinnamon if you like), Onions and Garlic, Ginger (fresh or powder), Cumin, Sweet paprika, coriander stems and leaves, Apricots, Tin of Plum Toms, Sweet Potato and Chick Peas. Lamb Stock and cook - for a long time. I use a leg of Lamb though you can use Shoulder. A Beautiful dish for an Autumn dinner. Serve with a robust red. Oh and crusty bread.

Had to google the Ras el Hanout but it's the same mixture my Moroccan cookbook calls "secret spice mix",  I grind the spices with a mortar and pestle.

Your Tagine recipe sounds fantastic. Do you use dried apricots?

This weekend we're going to have a traditional menue. This morning my mother-in-law delivered fresh Kale from the garden. Usually Kale is harvested after a frost but the night temperatures don't go below 10C this year. There's no frost in sight.

Kale, smoked gammon, potatoes, onions, salt - yummy

2017_D_K_06_12_7587.thumb.jpg.371dda0f427f415eba73af08b3e728cb.jpg

Edited by LedZed66

2 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Had to google the Ras el Hanout but it's the same mixture my Moroccan cookbook calls "secret spice mix",  I grind the spices with a mortar and pestle.

Your Tagine recipe sounds fantastic. Do you use dried apricots?

This weekend we're going to have a traditional menue. This morning my mother-in-law delivered fresh Kale from the garden. Usually Kale is harvested after a frost but the night temperatures don't go below 10C this year. There's no frost in sight.

Kale, smoked gammon, potatoes, onions, salt - yummy

2017_D_K_06_12_7587.thumb.jpg.371dda0f427f415eba73af08b3e728cb.jpg

Hi Led. Yes dried Apricots. I love them neat anyway.

Kale is seriously great. We also have Black Kale or Cavolo Nero which is also lovely.

Your menu includes one of the things I am not keen on. Gammon. Though i notice it's smoked Gammon. I have not tried that. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen it. Mrs CP has Gammon occasionally if she is out and it is generally served with a fried or poached egg on top.

Tonight's Bill of fayre:

Prawns and Squid rings lightly fried in Garlic butter

Duck. Pan fried with Asparagus and Garlic Roasties. Redcurrant Jus. Wine from Italy and Spain - lots of it. Oh and some green.

Peach and Berry Tartlets. Greek Yogurt

22 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks Esther.

Combined with some shots of kraken and I’d be a happy and buzzed guy rather quickly! :thumbsup: 🤪

On 11/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Led. Yes dried Apricots. I love them neat anyway.

Kale is seriously great. We also have Black Kale or Cavolo Nero which is also lovely.

Your menu includes one of the things I am not keen on. Gammon. Though i notice it's smoked Gammon. I have not tried that. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen it. Mrs CP has Gammon occasionally if she is out and it is generally served with a fried or poached egg on top.

Tonight's Bill of fayre:

Prawns and Squid rings lightly fried in Garlic butter

Duck. Pan fried with Asparagus and Garlic Roasties. Redcurrant Jus. Wine from Italy and Spain - lots of it. Oh and some green.

Peach and Berry Tartlets. Greek Yogurt

Hi CP, never heard of Gammon with egg as a hot meal but we have gammon with egg in aspic (one of the things I'm not keen on)

We enjoyed a super delicious French cheese this weekend. Super creamy with a wonderful taste. Looked like this:

cheese.thumb.jpg.6c1f45bba324599db5ae9edb07fe4c7e.jpg

On 11/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks Esther.

Who needs lavish??  I could live on chicken and fries.  

And wine... 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:08 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Yes we drink Tea too.;)

We drink tea in Russia too and have always eaten mushrooms.

Beef Rendang. Oh boy what a treat. Spicy hot and rich in coconut. Could well be a tricky start to Sunday ;)

Enjoying some savoury pancakes (known as Uttapam) stuffed with onions and bell peppers, served with curd (salted yogurt), chilli chutney and some sliced cheese.

IMG_1732.JPG