"Celebration Day" Movie Review by Dave Lewis

Thank you for posting this...

Dave Lewis always expresses his feelings for Led Zeppelin with hearfelt emotions, it is truly a great review of the evening and the set-list...

I wish the Director had not removed the Kashmir intro dialogue by Robert Plant, those feelings graced the existence of this song beautifully, I wondered if Robert was consulted... interactions both on stage and off stage with the audience enhances the warm atmosphere...in fact, I would enjoy the dialouge equally as the songs themselves...in legacy, this concert will have cultural identity of its' own with different generation in different time...for this, I wish the dialogue was removed as little as possible..

Thank you Dave for the heartfelt review. I think it is wonderful that it is being made available for those not lucky enough to attend. I was there and I can't wait to relive the concert which for myself was and will forever remain the concert of all concerts. Thanks to everyone involved.

Cheers!!!

I must admit I had to fight back the tears whilst reading the review..I don't wanna know whta it'll be like in a cinema..I wasn't at the O2 that night and far too young to have seen Zeppelin in the 70's, so this is a great opportunity for me..I can't wait..

I had the chills reading this review. I cannot wait to see this movie. Knowing that today is an anniversary that every Led Zeppelin fan would like to forget, I couldn't help but lament on what could have been. RIP Bonzo!! You are missed!!

It sounds like it looks like a real "concert film" and not an MTV rapid fire style concert video.

Maybe some of the stuff cut out will be thrown in the bonuses on the DVD.

From what I've heard so far on this board etc., that some of Robert's banter between songs is pretty much all that has been edited from the performance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived