Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

The Jazz Fest day has been officially announced! RP and AK are headlining the first day, just as was said! So excited, I haven't been to the Jazz Fest since '94 and here I come!!! :cheer:

http://www.nojazzfest.com/index.php?http%3...music/index.php

YEAH!!!!

I was just logging on to post this! Who's coming to New Orleans?!?!?! If you have any questions, or need a list of hotels, pm me!!!!

YEAH!!!!

I was just logging on to post this! Who's coming to New Orleans?!?!?! If you have any questions, or need a list of hotels, pm me!!!!

I'm thinking about it. I've always wanted to go to this festival. The first and last time I visited New Orleans was in 1998. I've wanted to go back every since.

I'm thinking about it. I've always wanted to go to this festival. The first and last time I visited New Orleans was in 1998. I've wanted to go back every since.

On opening day, April 25th, along with Plant/Krauss, the other headliners are Tim McGraw, and Cheryl Crow.

Here's a snippet that was in our local newpaper today

THE TIMES PICAYUNE TODAY...

"They didn't intend for it to be this big.

Thanks to good will, good fortune and a goodly investment of cash, producers of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival presented by Shell have unveiled perhaps the deepest talent pool in the festival's 39-year history.

Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow, Keyshia Cole, Robert Plant with Alison Krauss, and the previously announced Tim McGraw are all headed to the Fair Grounds for the first time.

From April 25 to 27 and May 1 to 4, they'll join Jazzfest veterans Jimmy Buffett, Santana, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, Widespread Panic, Randy Newman, Diana Krall and Al Green, along with the hundreds of Louisiana acts that comprise the festival's foundation."

I think the festival will be fantastic this year! 2.002.th.gif

More recent news:

A preview clip of LED ZEPPELIN frontman and legendary rocker Robert Plant and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss performing the track "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" as part of the all-new episode of "CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss" can be viewed at this location.

"CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss" will premiere on Monday, February 11 at 8:00 p.m. ET. The two music icons perform songs from their "Raising Sand" album, including "Please Read the Letter" and "Rich Woman". The pair performed Alison Krauss and UNION STATION's "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn", as well as LED ZEPPELIN classics "Black Dog" and "When the Levee Breaks". The pair also pay homage to THE EVERLY BROTHERS with their version of "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)". Special guest T Bone Burnett, acclaimed songwriter, performer and "Raising Sand" producer, joins in the onstage collaboration.

Plant and Krauss were recently nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" for the song "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)" from "Raising Sand".

Here's the link:

Robert Plant - Crossroads Clip

The Louisville show sold out in 28 minutes. I was one of the lucky few that got tickets for the show. The Louisville Palace is a beautiful old theater with great acoustics, it should be a great night!

Fantastic! Be sure to post a review afterwards.

More recent news:

A preview clip of LED ZEPPELIN frontman and legendary rocker Robert Plant and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss performing the track "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" as part of the all-new episode of "CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss" can be viewed at this location.

"CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss" will premiere on Monday, February 11 at 8:00 p.m. ET. The two music icons perform songs from their "Raising Sand" album, including "Please Read the Letter" and "Rich Woman". The pair performed Alison Krauss and UNION STATION's "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn", as well as LED ZEPPELIN classics "Black Dog" and "When the Levee Breaks". The pair also pay homage to THE EVERLY BROTHERS with their version of "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)". Special guest T Bone Burnett, acclaimed songwriter, performer and "Raising Sand" producer, joins in the onstage collaboration.

Plant and Krauss were recently nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" for the song "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)" from "Raising Sand".

Here's the link:

Robert Plant - Crossroads Clip

Thank you, Roxie.

It looks like Robert had fun. :)

I managed or my mom managed actually,

I'm glad! Tripper and I tried for about an hour with no luck. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and hope something turns up :-)

The Louisville show sold out in 28 minutes. I was one of the lucky few that got tickets for the show. The Louisville Palace is a beautiful old theater with great acoustics, it should be a great night!

It really is, and I think it will definitely be amazing to see Robert there. It's not quite big enough to lose that intimacy, so it should be great.

I really hope that I get lucky and will be joining you guys there!

I'm glad! Tripper and I tried for about an hour with no luck. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and hope something turns up :-)

It really is, and I think it will definitely be amazing to see Robert there. It's not quite big enough to lose that intimacy, so it should be great.

I really hope that I get lucky and will be joining you guys there!

the palace only has 2700 seats. AK shot her latest Concert Dvd there. And yes after i get home from the show i will be sure to post a review

the palace only has 2700 seats. AK shot her latest Concert Dvd there. And yes after i get home from the show i will be sure to post a review

That sounds great Hank! Thanks so much. I am so happy for everyone who gets to go see this show. I have fallen in love with these two performing together and I hope they come to my area. :D

They're already selling tickets for Louisville on Ebay for 300-400 bucks :thumbdown:

I thought you weren't allowed to sell them for more than face value there?

The laws regarding this from state to state. A person bidding on or selling an event that is in their home state can only bid or sell up to a certain amount over the list price, while out of staters sometimes can bid or sell tix at whatever price they want. I believe the laws are like that for Ebay in NY and CT. Not 100% positve about it.

Archived