If You Had More Free Time - what would you do?

Charles J. White

That is quite a loaded question. Do you mean more free time with more money also? And my wife does not share every single interest of mine. That makes things difficult. Travel I guess. I have a list that is narrowed down to about 5 destiinations or so.

Being unemployed I have plenty of free time on my hands, I spend many hours per day on job websites. I would love to pursue my other interests like going to the record shop in Liverpool which is excellent and only charge £4.99 for a single album and £8.99 for a double. Still hopefully I will be able to go there soon also to get my EKO accoustic guitar (1975) repaired after my dog knocked it over and broke the neck.

Read, read, read. Then read some more. I've got stacks of books I have yet to get to and every month brings more.

I want to have a year off to be on the patio of a house or cottage in the mountains overlooking a lake and just read. Then every once in a while I would take a break and go for a hike or a swim and then come back and resume reading.

No phone. No tv. No computer. Only some music to break the silence once in a while.

That's all my eldest daughter has ever done, she has recently started University where she is studying English. She's in her applecart, she's had to order about 30 books. She was a bit disappointed that Hamlet and Jane Eyre were among them as she had just done them for her English Literature "A" level. I told her she should be pleased as she would not be starting from scratch. Anyway she has dragged her mother out with her to see a modern day version of "Hamlet" which is supposed to be set in Liverpool. I wonder if that's because they are performing it in Liverpool?

if i had enough money, as well as enough time .....

travel the world, read, listen to music, just take it all in ....

meet new people and talk about different view points .....

it's kinda why i come here to this forum. :)

Me too (why I joined this forum), unfortunately not everybody accepts different points of view other than their own. Which is a shame, and I suppose we are all guilty of it at some time or other.

Me too (why I joined this forum), unfortunately not everybody accepts different points of view other than their own. Which is a shame, and I suppose we are all guilty of it at some time or other.

well, i don't always agree with others, but that doesn't matter, it is still good to hear them.

it's what makes the world so interesting.

yes, we are all guilty sometimes :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived