"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

Cersei Lannister is an evil, yet very cunning, bitch. Having Loras Tyrell imprisoned for his perversions and buggery and now his sister, Queen Margaery taken for her part of lying about her knowledge of her brothers buggery and perversions. Cersei might want to watch it because she has some of her own "issues' that the Faith might not take too kindly to.

Bronn is still one of my favorite characters. Besides being one of the best killers in the Seven Kingdoms, he is also a funny and likable person. "You fight pretty good for a little girl".

Roose and his son/bastard Ramsey are vile and despicable. Especially Ramsey. I hope that Stannis Baratheon smashes them when he attacks Winterfell.

Ser Jorah and Tyrion Lannister seems to have been caught and put into an unpredictable situation. I really am hoping to see what becomes of the first meeting/encounter between Tyrion and Daenerys Targaryen.

... for now.

Cersei Lannister is an evil, yet very cunning, bitch. Having Loras Tyrell imprisoned for his perversions and buggery and now his sister, Queen Margaery taken for her part of lying about her knowledge of her brothers buggery and perversions. Cersei might want to watch it because she has some of her own "issues' that the Faith might not take too kindly to.

Bronn is still one of my favorite characters. Besides being one of the best killers in the Seven Kingdoms, he is also a funny and likable person. "You fight pretty good for a little girl".

Roose and his son/bastard Ramsey are vile and despicable. Especially Ramsey. I hope that Stannis Baratheon smashes them when he attacks Winterfell.

Ser Jorah and Tyrion Lannister seems to have been caught and put into an unpredictable situation. I really am hoping to see what becomes of the first meeting/encounter between Tyrion and Daenerys Targaryen.

... for now.

Yes indeed. I am curious as to how Cersei is gonna come out of this as it seems she has painted herself into not one but two corners. The first one you pointed out quite well, the Sparrows will not take kindly to her incestuous escapades with Jaime. Then, the bigger issue, she has just completely alienated the Tyrells', the family which holds all the purse strings in the Lannister / Tyrell alliance. The bankers are already calling in her debts and her only source of money is the Tyrells'. That was a really stupid move on her part. Rule #1, NEVER piss off the people who hold the purse strings.

It seems Littlefinger will be the wild card, whichever direction he chooses to go may determine the outcome of the bigger picture for both the House of Bolton and the House of Lannister.

What about the big hoo haa about Sansa being assulted by Ramsey on thier wedding night, I have read that GOT fans are threatening to switch off in droves over disgust of what had happened.

IMO....I have seen far worse, for intance:

A guy getting his gentlemens vegetables cut off and supposed "eaten"... Ok, that was fine

The bodies of two young children burned beyond recognistion and hung up for all to see...Yup, dealt with that.

Some poor bloke turned into bar-b-q meat by being torched and torn apart by a dragon...Uh huh

But a scene that shows very little and lets your imagination do all the work and everyone gets thier knickers in a twist!!

I do hope though that Sansa learns to grow a pair and hacks off Ramsey and Rooses heads while they sleep....given take that sounds graphic, but it may not make people flinch.

SoZoSozo,

Glad to read from a female that she is NOT thatr upset over the Sansa rape scene. Where was the outcry when Dany was raped by Khal Drogo in Season 1? Not condoning the action (it was truly descpicable and hard to watch), but knowing what we did about Ramsey, no one should have been surprised.

And it seemed like as soon as Sansa had the goth dye washed out of her hair, she washed out the courage that she'd been developing. She had several opportunities to say "no" to the wedding, but "weak" Sansa came back and went through with it - knowing full well that there was a "bedding" ceremony to follow.

Also, don't forget about Cersei's affair with her cousin - who is now one of the Sparrows! THAT will come back to bite her!

Ramsey Bolton raping the Lady of Winterfell on their wedding night, though dramatic, is very counter-productive when one is trying to secure alliances and win the loyalty of the people you just defeated by betraying their Lord which they swore allegiance to. The Boltons were already in the shithouse with all the other houses of Westeros, after all, who would wish to align themselves with a bunch of assholes who will turn on you like a Greek waiter at the slightest advantage. Power is always through alliance, no alliance, no power. There is no way the Boltons are gonna survive this short of a miracle, they have made too many enemies, Stannis has the Red Witch with him and is supposedly the greatest living tactical and strategic mind in Westeros. Unless Roose's wife eats the Red Witch, and then Stannis, they House of Bolton is through.

The Boltons' killed on the eve of battle with Stannis by the very peasants of Winterfell they thought they controlled is what I think will happen, and those peasants will be led by Brianne of course.

Ramsey Bolton raping the Lady of Winterfell on their wedding night, though dramatic, is very counter-productive when one is trying to secure alliances and win the loyalty of the people you just defeated by betraying their Lord which they swore allegiance to. The Boltons were already in the shithouse with all the other houses of Westeros, after all, who would wish to align themselves with a bunch of assholes who will turn on you like a Greek waiter at the slightest advantage. Power is always through alliance, no alliance, no power. There is no way the Boltons are gonna survive this short of a miracle, they have made too many enemies, Stannis has the Red Witch with him and is supposedly the greatest living tactical and strategic mind in Westeros. Unless Roose's wife eats the Red Witch, and then Stannis, they House of Bolton is through.

The Boltons' killed on the eve of battle with Stannis by the very peasants of Winterfell they thought they controlled is what I think will happen, and those peasants will be led by Brianne of course.

LMAO!!!

So many of my friends STILL feel sorry for Theon...I don't get it! I have to constantly remind them of what Theon did to the Starks and the small folk of Winterfell.

I'm just glad he won't be able to breed....

A lot of things happened in this 7th episode:

"Winter is Coming" (or almost there) at Winterfell.

Maester Aemon passed away. Sam and Ghost saved Gilley from being assaulted.

The Red Woman wants Stannis to sacrifice his daughter.

King Tommen loves Margaery so much that he is willing to start a "war" to have her freed.

Cersei Lannister is still an awful, but very cunning and beautiful bitch.

That Dornish Sand Snake may be the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She looked a lot better when she showed Bronn her beautiful breasts. A very nice tease as she was tempting Bronn, but actually poisoned him. (I would have been very disappointed if Bronn went out this way. Like I said before, he is one of my favorite characters and for him to succumbed this way would have not been right).

Jorah and Tyrion. What an "Odd Couple" but a great couple/pairing. I like how the slaver told his lies to sell of Mormont. "He killed Khal Drogo in single combat, etc...

One of my most anticipated scenes of all-time: Tyrion Lannister meets Danaerys Targaryen. Tyrion was the "Gift". I suppose we will have to tune in next Sunday for a full dialogue scene between the three. Danaerys, Tyrion and Jorah.

Queen Margaery does not look like a queen in a dungeon cell without her regal make-up and attire. (Is there make-up in Westoros)?

I imagine the Queen Mother, Cersei, will not look as beautiful and regal after her ordeal. An ordeal that she should have possibly known was coming. "You reap what you sow".

Whatever the outcome(s) of all the plots and intriguing storylines, Game of Thrones will be remembered as another of the Greatest American Television Shows of All-Time!!!

Edited to Add: For those that watch this show and have posted on this topic, please feel free to add/comment/dispute/interject/opinionate/etc... Any and all comments, etc... are truly appreciated by Me and the many others. What are your opinions and theories about what may happen?

I couldn't help but think in last weeks ep in where Margaery was dragged off squealing that she was the Queen, Natalie Dormer who plays her went through the very same thing when she played Anne Boylene in The Tudors.

A case of recycled lines or just coincedence (spelling??)

I recently heard a theory that Roose Bolton could be the son of the Night King and that House Bolton only has had one patriarch through the centuries...Roose himself. He may be a vampire type creature that works along the same lines as the faceless men. Every few decades he fakes his own death and takes another face assuming the position of "new" family patriarch. This may also be the reason why he does not kill Ramsay, he needs him for his face. In other words, he will soon kill Ramsay and take on Ramsay's persona, faking his own death once again.

Interesting theory, it also explains the flayed man banners and how they really dig flaying their enemies.

Episode 8, "Hardhome", about to begin. Can't wait to see the first interaction and dialogue between Tyrion and Daenerys and what is to become of Jorah Mormont among many other things that I mentioned in the above post. #284.

Just have to mention, loved it watching Cersei get thumped over the head with a water ladle and then having to lick water off the dirty floor. I would hope the experience brings her perspective but something tells me when she gets out she will probably be 10 x worse.

Finally got to catch up with GoT last night....well, well, well....how the mighty have fallen eh? Cersei reduced to being slapped around and lapping water from a filthy floor like a mangy mutt.

Mind you, the "Nights King" Whitewalker reminded me of one of the Targaryens, he had a slight look of Daenerys dead brother Viserys about him.

SozoZoso,

Let’s assume that Game of Thrones’s Night’s King is the same person who is referenced in the books (which seems a solid bet at this point). The origins of the Night’s King are shrouded in mystery and shame and stretch back 8,000 years to the fabled Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was raised by Bran “the Builder” Stark. Some tales say the Night’s King was a Bolton, others say he was a Stark. Or he could’ve been a Skagosi or a Norrey or maybe a member of some forgotten house. Whoever he was, the folktales are specific about a few points. All agree that the Night’s King was once the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch, and that one day, while standing guard atop the Wall, he glimpsed a woman — with skin “white as the moon” and eyes a ghostly blue — in the woods on the far side. Later histories describe her explicitly as being a sorceress. And certainly there must’ve been something enchanting about her, because the Lord Commander’s thirst was such that he came down off the Wall, chased her through the woods, and joined her in an unholy union.

For those on here that watch GoT but have not read the books, what did you think about how this 9th episode ended? For that matter, anyone who watches. It seems a GoT standard that episode #9 is a epic or dramatic episode since season 1.

Stannis is a piece of shit and the Red Witch will be his downfall. When I watched the end of this episode it reminded me of the devils bargain between Merlin & Uther at the beginning of the movie Excalibur. Then of course the fruition of that bargain when Melin comes for his due. The line Merlin says to Uther I have a felling will be repeated to Stannis very soon.

No spoilers, just watch about the first 30 min of Excalibur to see the reference.

kingzoso,

I've watched it a couple times too and despite all the horrible things that have happened on that show, Shireen's death was easily the most heart breaking. Kudos to the directors for the editing so that we don't actually see her die, but see it through the witnesses eyes and ears!

Archived