Hey Guys! Check out my song!

Neon Genesis

Yo, what's up zepheads? Never had a chance to start a proper introduction thread, well I thought I'd do one with a song. =)

It's nothing grand, just a humble home-made demo single or w/e.

I'm not a pro, I just do what I like and how I like with respect to my abilities and whatever...Been in a couple of bands back in my University days, but I figured that it's not my thing playing cover songs all the time and being in the company of people who don't quite share the same vision and views. Which is why I started composing and recording my own stuff at home all by myself.

So anyway, since I couldn't figure out how to embed the widget thingy code here in this post, I'll give ya'll a link.

http://soundcloud.co...e-light-of-love

Cheers!

Excellent demo you've got there Artie. That song has a great hook, Get it laid down professionally. With a little luck and the right promotion I would say you could have a fruitful carerer in the music biz. Start thinking about your next move....Oh and Good Luck.

I like it.

Get it laid down professionally

for me its still in the oven composition wise

1. get to the point.

2. development as the track moves forward

3. once recorded properly get someone to mix and master who is pro

You DO have a "sound" albeit not original. Not sure who your audience is and if your aim is commercial/iTunes or other.

WOW! Thanks u guys! Didn't expect people would actually apreciate it. Thank you for the kind words! They're encouraging! =)

Excellent demo you've got there Artie. That song has a great hook, Get it laid down professionally. With a little luck and the right promotion I would say you could have a fruitful carerer in the music biz. Start thinking about your next move....Oh and Good Luck.

Aye, thanks man! =) Dr. Hook that's who I am, or atleast what I'm trying to become... LOL j/k

And yeah, it is my dream to eventually record a full scale LP studio album at some point in time and have it packed with only the best songs I can come up with. That's why I'm taking my time, you knowhatimean? I hate it how bands and artists nowadays tend to return to the formula of having one or two hit songs or singles on the album and have the rest of it stuffed with filler shit. That's not what I wan't.

I clicked on this fully prepared for it to be the normal awful crap you hear on Soundcloud, but it wasn't. Really impressed!

Cheers! Thanks a lot man. And lol, I know what you mean...

Good song!! sounds like the beatles!!

Thanks =) Well now, you caught me there! =) They are my mentors and idols music wise...

I like it ! You have talent. My only critical point would be that it should be shorter and tighter for that type of tunage, but that's JMO !

Thanks! And yeah, that's one of the problems I'm constantly struggling to overcome. I am deeply convinced that a true hit song should never be longer than 3 minutes. That's one of the things I learned from The Beatles. Most of their songs were 2:25, 2:30, minutes long, some were around 3 or a little bit above that and only a few surpassed that time frame.

I like it.

for me its still in the oven composition wise

1. get to the point.

2. development as the track moves forward

3. once recorded properly get someone to mix and master who is pro

You DO have a "sound" albeit not original. Not sure who your audience is and if your aim is commercial/iTunes or other.

Thanks for the tips! I'll take them into account. =) Well my potential audience would be people who apreciate the sound and the groove of the bands like The Beatles, The Black Keys, The Doors, Cream, Bob Welch, etc.. you know true music. I believe one should always stick to what he believes in and in what comes from his heart. That doesn't mean that people can't change though, but the core remains the same at all times...As for commercial success, of course thats what all of us musicians try to achieve. I had a couple of ideas based mostly on independant distribution through the web or w/e but Im not sure...

It's healthy that you receive what others have to offer- whilst being true to who you are. Commercial music is a commodity, hence the current state of the "industry." Creating content that has shelf life is nay impossible today. Surround yourself with good people and grow.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

http://soundcloud.com/arthur-talpa/the-awakening

Well guys, are you ready to hear a new song? :P

It's finally time!

I've been working on this one for over 2 years LOL...had a hard time figuring out how to shape the ending properly....so anyways, don't be too strict with your judgement! :P It's only a home demo song!

Check it out and tell me what you think! =)

LINK = http://soundcloud.com/arthur-talpa/the-awakening

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well Neon Genesis, I think both of your songs are really good (I'm not just saying that because you have fabulous hair either...mostly)! they have a groovy sounding 60's flare to them. Like the others, I was expecting something less than great. There was one lady a while back who kept posting her songs and her voice sounded like a cross between Yoko Ono and a dying cat. Don't get me wrong: I thought it was cool she was pursuing a dream, but she needed some voice lessons.

Thanks! Hehe ^__^

Dallas, you know I've been working my ass off thinking of them varieties and different arrangements for the song, made a couple of versions of it. But then when I listened to em' I just thought fuck it and decided to go with the first raw version. You know how one can get overexcited with mixing and production? Well sometimes the rawest version with all of its seemingly flaws and imperfections turns out to be the one with most charm and groove to it. I dunno, that's what I thought. =)

Archived