Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Led Zeppelin's Best Live Album

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is Led Zeppelin's Best Live Album?

• The Song Remains The Same (1976) Old
    • BBC Sessions (1997)
    • How The West Was Won (2003)
    • The Song Remains The Same (2007) New
    • Celebration Day (2012)

Edited by JTM

I'm going with How The West Was Won.

I'm also going with that particular selection.

How the West Was Won...The BBC set is excellent but I had some difficulty in considering it a 'real' live album.

They're all really good, with BBC Sessions being a bit of an oddity in the grouping -- imo. I went with How the West Was Won. I'm listening to Heartbreaker from that right now. Satisfying.

"How the West Was Won" wins for me. I love the song selection (even though it's mostly earlier material) and the band just sounded so good on this. It's always been my favorite.

HWWW for me too.

I notice The Song Remains the Same is running 2nd, with Celebration Day third.

I love TSRTS - grew up with it - but 1:30 previews of all 16 songs on Celebration Day are now available on the iTunes Store. Based on them, I'd say Celebration Day will claim the #2 spot when it comes out and everyone gets a chance to hear it.

Don't get me wrong - Zeppelin in TSRTS are at the end of the one year period (mid-'72 to mid-'73) when they probably were at their technical peak. But TSRTS is, unfortunately, far from their best set of performances of that period. Given that, as well as the spread of tracks and sound quality, I think Celebration Day might edge it.

No matter the era, Zeppelin is the greatest live music art group that has ever been or ever be

exactly...forever!!!!! B):thanku::thumbsup::goodpost::hurrah:

sry but i say TSRTS new version well because, first of all, my dad has BBC sessions on CD and i thought it was pretty cool, but i think this is still too early for the group and they still were kinda "underground" at that time

second, i gotten Celebration Day for Xmas and the reunion was SPECTACULAR TO THE MAX but it couldve been more "improvisational" and "experimental" for my taste, and third, i haven't really heard How the West Was Won yet, but i did see a copy at a Best Buy though, so yeah

HTWWW wins it for me. Although it has edits and such, it's still a fantastic album.

I still have a place in my heart for the old TSRTS vinyl, but HTWWW.

If you asked me when I first started to listen to Led Zeppelin live (about a year ago) I would have said TSRTS.

But now, if you ask me, HTWWW is SO much better. It shows Zeppelin at their true peak. it has everything. Plant's voice is unbeatable, JImmy is very tight and agile. Bonham is powerful and fast, but still manages to be delicate when needed. John Paul Jones is just perfect, like he always is.

Better track selection too.

If you asked me when I first started to listen to Led Zeppelin live (about a year ago) I would have said TSRTS.

But now, if you ask me, HTWWW is SO much better. It shows Zeppelin at their true peak. it has everything. Plant's voice is unbeatable, JImmy is very tight and agile. Bonham is powerful and fast, but still manages to be delicate when needed. John Paul Jones is just perfect, like he always is.

Better track selection too.

Maybe, but IMO the sound is better on TSRTS. HTWWW is a bit 'loudness-warry' if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war