Fitness Thread

ledzepfvr

I have started a exercise book. I was sitting in our customer lounge thumbing through a magazine on my break and came across a page showing some moves, so I tore it out. Couple pages later, another side bar of exercises. Tore it out too. Decided to make a notebook of things I come across so when I get tired of the same old move and wonder what to do next, I can flip it open. All the magazines in the customer lounge will be missing a few pages soon.

On a funny note, a few months my daughter asked a Subway for their Apollo Anton Ono display and low and behold they finally came through. Brought it home last night and now when I am exercising, I have AAO in his warm up suit, offering me a sandwich, with a tag line, TRAIN SUPER. An amusing inspiration.

Exercised Tues. and tonight. The selection tonight was Allman Brothers. Beginnings.

"Sometimes I feel like I been tied to the whipping post"

After buying a house, running a car is the next most expensive thing

Why I like to walk everywhere whenever I can

Especially in a great town like Chesterfield. It has the best market and bakers shop known to man. And of course just down the road there's Chatsworth House and the farm shop where I unload sheds loads of dosh on tasties and especially Venison

ledzepfvr - the exercise book sounds like a great idea. Apolo is so fit! I think he gets down to something like 3-4% body fat when he's competing. Oh and he does a mean Paso Doble.

chillumpuffer - I will admit to needing to google some of your terms, e.g. dosh. The things I learn on this website..... :-)

g'day mate!

how do you do it???? every day? wow you amaze me! i wish i could get that motivated, i sure need to!

Hi!

I love walking, i have always tried to do things by foot! As I was in Sydney, for instance, I walked literally the whole city around, I spent a week there doing everything by foot, not even once have I taken a bus or any other kind of public transport. And I do that wherever I go to.

Last time I was in Rio or in Buenos Aires, for instance, there were days I walked more than 20 km. That's how I keep fit and don't gain any weight during my vacations. ;-)

I like walking too. Did a nice two-hour hike this morning up in the canyons. I also try to use the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.

I commute by bus and subway, but also do a lot of walking in the course of my workday.

Try to fit in swimming, tennis or hiking on my days off.

I like walking too. Did a nice two-hour hike this morning up in the canyons. I also try to use the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.

I commute by bus and subway, but also do a lot of walking in the course of my workday.

Try to fit in swimming, tennis or hiking on my days off.

Two hour hike - that's awesome. I wish I could fit swimming into my regimen, but one can only do so much. Do you swim indoors or out?

On Sunday mornings I take a Zumba class. Today one of the numbers was to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" with some choreography from the famous video. It was different and fun. Anyone who is having a hard time getting motivated to exercise should give Zumba a try if you have the opportunity. The class makeup is mostly women, but some brave men take the class as well.

Especially in a great town like Chesterfield. It has the best market and bakers shop known to man. And of course just down the road there's Chatsworth House and the farm shop where I unload sheds loads of dosh on tasties and especially Venison

Yeah, and in the Summer I like Markeaton Park in Derby

Hi!

I love walking, i have always tried to do things by foot! As I was in Sydney, for instance, I walked literally the whole city around, I spent a week there doing everything by foot, not even once have I taken a bus or any other kind of public transport. And I do that wherever I go to.

Last time I was in Rio or in Buenos Aires, for instance, there were days I walked more than 20 km. That's how I keep fit and don't gain any weight during my vacations. ;-)

wow, that is truly amazing. but what if you need to go a long distance quickly, like to an appointment across town?

wow, that is truly amazing. but what if you need to go a long distance quickly, like to an appointment across town?

Lol! I will Use my car, of course! The city here is huge, there's no way I can do everything by foot. But I really try to find sometime to do my daily walking. Even when it rains a bit, I take an umbrella with me. But if there's no way of walking on the street, because it's raining too much or it's dark and late, I use my treadmill. It's really a good one, and I have never used it to hang my clothes on it! ;-) xxx

Lol! I will Use my car, of course! The city here is huge, there's no way I can do everything by foot. But I really try to find sometime to do my daily walking. Even when it rains a bit, I take an umbrella with me. But if there's no way of walking on the street, because it's raining too much or it's dark and late, I use my treadmill. It's really a good one, and I have never used it to hang my clothes on it! ;-) xxx

you are truly an inspiration to me, and now i realize why you look so good in your photos xo :notworthy:

Great topic idea!

I bicycle about 50-80 miles a week weather permiting. Three times a week I do weights in the garage, and I always take the stairs and do a short 4 mile hike up a steep hill and down during my hour lunch break as long as it's not over 80 degrees or raining.

I used to have a membership at a gym but since I hate douchebags in all forms, I never went. In my opinion gyms that are co ed make no sense. Too many douchebags and tramps looking for attention. And besides, running on a treadmill is about as boring as watching mold grow on cheese.

A few months ago my girlfriend talked me into going with her on this yoga thing. Have any of you ever been to a yoga thing? First thing is are all yoga classes run by dippy hippie chicks? And what's with all the kooky meditation crap that goes with yoga? When I'm trying to work out last thing I need is some weirdness going on. Sorry, but that is not for me. Until Navy Seals start doing yoga, I'll leave that for others to enjoy.

Great topic idea!

I bicycle about 50-80 miles a week weather permiting. Three times a week I do weights in the garage, and I always take the stairs and do a short 4 mile hike up a steep hill and down during my hour lunch break as long as it's not over 80 degrees or raining.

I used to have a membership at a gym but since I hate douchebags in all forms, I never went. In my opinion gyms that are co ed make no sense. Too many douchebags and tramps looking for attention. And besides, running on a treadmill is about as boring as watching mold grow on cheese.

A few months ago my girlfriend talked me into going with her on this yoga thing. Have any of you ever been to a yoga thing? First thing is are all yoga classes run by dippy hippie chicks? And what's with all the kooky meditation crap that goes with yoga? When I'm trying to work out last thing I need is some weirdness going on. Sorry, but that is not for me. Until Navy Seals start doing yoga, I'll leave that for others to enjoy.

I don't get yoga either. I think it's stupid. I'll stick to my stair stepper. By god.

^ ^^ i think you are both underestimating yoga.

Perhaps. But when I think of fitness, I think of sweating & a lot of physical activity. I guess like doing the stepper, running on a treadmill or lifting weights. I guess I am just old fashioned. Yoga isn't for everybody..

I don't do yoga either, but I beleive it is more of a fitness for the brain.

You hit the nail on the head. It is most definitely for clearing the mind and for learning meditation, or finding 'your center'. For me, it serves as a very good stress reliever.

But, to each their own.

Archived