Fitness Thread

ledzepfvr

it most def is, but also the body. you use your own body weight. some of the poses are really hard. it is great for the muscles. i believe you can get fit doing it. :)

Maybe yoga just needs a new PR campaign. Add another body and some kamasutra type fun and I'm in.

Get fit doing that!

I don't get yoga either. I think it's stupid. I'll stick to my stair stepper. By god.

Oh no..Nothing stupid about Yoga at all. My wife used to do it..Wow was she fit, I mean really fit, her all over muscle tone was fantastic..Muscles like iron but not hideous to look at like some body builders you see. She stayed slim and petite...absolutely lovely...but then she got ill and stopped. Ten years on that's the way it's stayed, because of her fucking medication she has no interest in taking Yoga up again..At least taking the meds keeps her stable if she stopped them life would be hell as it was when she did stop taking them when she thought she was well enough not to ..In fact things got a whole lot worse for a while....Back to the main point.. Yoga, If you can find a spare hour or so even a half hour and you can stick with it..You will find it hard at first, go for it you will find that it's well worth it...

Oh no..Nothing stupid about Yoga at all. My wife used to do it..Wow was she fit, I mean really fit, her all over muscle tone was fantastic..Muscles like iron but not hideous to look at like some body builders you see. She stayed slim and petite...absolutely lovely...but then she got ill and stopped. Ten years on that's the way it's stayed, because of her fucking medication she has no interest in taking Yoga up again..At least taking the meds keeps her stable if she stopped them life would be hell as it was when she did stop taking them when she thought she was well enough not to ..In fact things got a whole lot worse for a while....Back to the main point.. Yoga, If you can find a spare hour or so even a half hour and you can stick with it..You will find it hard at first, go for it you will find that it's well worth it...

that's what i was saying, great for the muscles, posture, flexibility ....

Yoga does seem to suffer from an image problem...many people have this outmoded 1960s hippy-dippy image of yoga.

But not all yoga instructors are burnt out hippy relics from the 60s. And there are quite a few male yoga instructors. Like I said before, it seems to work and provide fantastic benefits for both your mind and body.

Yoga does seem to suffer from an image problem...many people have this outmoded 1960s hippy-dippy image of yoga.

But not all yoga instructors are burnt out hippy relics from the 60s. And there are quite a few male yoga instructors. Like I said before, it seems to work and provide fantastic benefits for both your mind and body.

I know what you mean. If you tell someone you do yoga, they say things like "Are you gonna start eating lentils, play the sitar, and drive a VW Camper van than runs on vegetable oil, too?" (Neil on 'The Young Ones' http://www.cracked.com/funny-344-the-young-ones/ )

I've heard yoga works great alongside more strenuous, physical activity

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm in the minority, Virginia.

When outdoor walking, indoor treadmilling, or bowflexing, I prefer no music or tv.

My wife, on the other hand, has a playlist of about 10 million songs.

And her tastes run the range. Classical to rock, to stuff I've no clue.

I guess I'm in the minority, Virginia.

When outdoor walking, indoor treadmilling, or bowflexing, I prefer no music or tv.

My wife, on the other hand, has a playlist of about 10 million songs.

And her tastes run the range. Classical to rock, to stuff I've no clue.

:) It's interesting to see what others like! For me, it has to be kind of badass to get me moving :lol: (especially if I'm running uphill; which is usually the case in my neighborhood).

Besides the 40 to 60 minutes of cardio (3 to 5/week) I've been playing with doing just one warm up set per exercise, then one heavy set to exhaustion, as opposed to 3+ sets. It saves time and I'm curious if anyone can prove this is less effective...

:) It's interesting to see what others like! For me, it has to be kind of badass to get me moving :lol: (especially if I'm running uphill; which is usually the case in my neighborhood).

If I am doing cardio/strength in the gym or at a skating rink outside of a class, I must listen to music. I have lots of the same and more as you mentioned a few posts above. I don't own much new "girly" music, but I get my fill of it in various classes at the gym.

my girlfriends best freind is really fat because she never exersises. so some us of took her to a gym as a guest and she refused to even stay on the tredmill for more than like 30 minutes. and then she said she cant lose weight because its in her geanetecs. so how do you make somebody who is fat learn to change is what i cant figure,

^You cannot make people change, they have to want to do it themselves. Thirty minutes for someone who is sedentary as a rule is a good start.

i never liked to run but i had a coach who made us run like 5 miles sometimes. all you want to do is stop but if you have pride you wont stop. i think people who are fat and dont change have no pride or they would try harder. i also think there parents probalby dont make them care about what people think of them. i dont think people who are fat are happy. they eat because they are sad and because they dont have pride

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing up an older thread. How's everyone doing? Doing my usual six days a week. But....

I want to drop a few pounds. I don't eat many carbs, sugar in moderation, but I go too heavily on dairy. I was speaking to a friend who has drastically changed his body. He recommends me trying to cut out dairy. I am going to cutback, but not totally cut it out. I have one addiction - coffee. I drink my coffee with light cream. I am not willing to drop that at this time.

Has anyone here done this? Charles J., do you eat dairy products?

Archived