Unusual Led Zeppelin II LP Pressing...Worth anything?

mmudshark

Hi everyone! I have a question for someone who is into oddities.

My copy of Zeppelin 2 was made in the UK and bought in Germany in July 1977. Funny thing, on the cover of the record it shows "The Lemon Song". However, on the record label, it says "Killing Floor". Is this intentional? Is it worth anything as a mistake?

post-22939-0-97562400-1351139005_thumb.jpost-22939-0-63168300-1351138994_thumb.j

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Most people join this site to discuss Zeppelin topics, you are the second person in the last few days whose very first post was to find out the value of a Led Zeppelin record that you have. You will not find many things for sale on this site, we tend to talk about our experiences, discussing various live albums, and concerts that we have been to. You'll find that the majority of people put there very first post in the "Meet and Greet" section of this forum, and once again it is not an original pressing, the Green and Orange label came out at a much later date, it should be red/plum.Why not just play it and enjoy it it's the reason that we tend to buy records and music for, not to sell them.You will also note that the cover is nothing like the original 1969 one.

It is quite common to have Killiing Floor on the label and Heartbreaker on the sleeve. I would say though that from the pic's you posted your copy is a fake.

Because. The colours on the label are too dull, The right side of the label is partly missing. Also you show heartbreaker as two words where it should be one.

It is quite common to have Killiing Floor on the label and Heartbreaker on the sleeve. I would say though that from the pic's you posted your copy is a fake.

Because. The colours on the label are too dull, The right side of the label is partly missing. Also you show heartbreaker as two words where it should be one.

The right side that misses and the dull colors are easily explained, since the picture was made with the protective inners sleeve still round the record.

The album is quite easily obtainable, I have exactly the same pressing and bought it for 60 million euro from a man wearing a bowler hat.

Well it's just like Beatles records isn't it. People get a hold of them and think they are worth a fortune...and one with a misprint has to be rare (valuable), right?

People pay outrageous amounts on auction sites and at record stores for things like this and sellers know that.

Hi again!

No, I have absolutely no intention of selling this LP! Maybe my heirs will, but not me. I have some Zappa LPs valued in the hundreds of dollars, but still – no way would I sell. I’m just curious about how much my slowly aging stuff is worth. Especially this odd one. That’s all. Unfortunately, it is easy to be cynical of people’s motivations/intentions these days.

Thanks for the info that it could even be a cheap knock off. But $30.00 sounds decent. I paid less than ten for it.

I spent a minute or so thinking about which forum I should go to. I almost went to the meet and greet one, but then thought I should just go to the general one. Sorry about the faux pas.

I was honored with the experience of one Zeppelin concert in my life. I even have pictures to share.

Intro: http://www.syntheory.com/policult/concerts/ledzep/index.html

Concert Photos: http://www.syntheory.com/policult/concerts/ledzep/1980.html

Ticket Page: http://www.syntheory.com/policult/concerts/index.html

My ticket and two of the photos are even featured on the June 23, 1980 show’s page on this website. Enjoy!

The right side that misses and the dull colors are easily explained, since the picture was made with the protective inners sleeve still round the record.

The album is quite easily obtainable, I have exactly the same pressing and bought it for 60 million euro from a man wearing a bowler hat.

I took a second look, now I see the record is still in it's protective sleeve. What about Heartbreaker as two words though.

Hi again!

No, I have absolutely no intention of selling this LP! Maybe my heirs will, but not me. I have some Zappa LPs valued in the hundreds of dollars, but still – no way would I sell. I’m just curious about how much my slowly aging stuff is worth. Especially this odd one. That’s all. Unfortunately, it is easy to be cynical of people’s motivations/intentions these days.

Thanks for the info that it could even be a cheap knock off. But $30.00 sounds decent. I paid less than ten for it.

I spent a minute or so thinking about which forum I should go to. I almost went to the meet and greet one, but then thought I should just go to the general one. Sorry about the faux pas.

I was honored with the experience of one Zeppelin concert in my life. I even have pictures to share.

Intro: http://www.syntheory...dzep/index.html

Concert Photos: http://www.syntheory...edzep/1980.html

Ticket Page: http://www.syntheory...erts/index.html

My ticket and two of the photos are even featured on the June 23, 1980 show’s page on this website. Enjoy!

The Otto Waalkes ticket rocks,

James Doohan also, great autograph.

I took a second look, now I see the record is still in it's protective sleeve. What about Heartbreaker as two words though.

I don't see it necessarily as 2 seperate words, but that is open to interpretation. The title itself is spelled as one word on the actual record.

This pressing was issued years before the cheap Italian fakes and color vinyls came out (I bought mine about 18 or so years ago as a second hand copy).

In 1969 The Lemon Song was renamed Killing Floor on the second pressing of LZ II in the UK as a result of the lawsuit brought against LZ by Chester Arnold Burnett (AKA Howlin Wolf). It was settled out of court and later pressing resumed Lemon Song print. However, as far as I am aware, the only legitimate pressings with Killing Floor are on the original Plum and red Atlantic label. These are not so rare, but are becoming harder to find and good copies attract a reasonable price.

• 2 months later...

Archived