New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

What are we gonna do once CODA is released? Its like High School graduation ..... HS is a blast & your SO excited to graduate but once you do then what????? It's going to be hard to top these releases no matter what your opinion is of the companion discs.

No worries....Jimmy is planning to remaster and release the 2 Firm albums and the Coverdale /Page project. And as luck would have it there will be a companion disc with each release. Good times.

My god your place looks like mine lol !! We also have "The Object" in the centre of our lunch table ........ true story lol. Looks like you'll need to build another shelf for the last three releases.

What a great few years it's been to be a Zeppelin fan/collector. Cheers

There are shelves below what you can see here...but I'll need to rearrange some things, certainly.

What are we gonna do once CODA is released? Its like High School graduation ..... HS is a blast & your SO excited to graduate but once you do then what????? It's going to be hard to top these releases no matter what your opinion is of the companion discs.

I'm so ready for this campaign to be done, but I hear ya. Dare we hope for even a modest live retrospective, 1969-1980? Not spread out like the remasters, but one last "this is when we ruled the world" document....3-6 discs? I won't hold my breath.

I believe the unlikelihood of that comes down to a lack of multi-track tapes...right?

Earls Court? hmmm :whistling:

So, six albums in and here's the scoreboard regarding NEW BONZO TRACKS

LZ I - Moby Dick from Paris

LZ II - La La

PG - Sick Again

and that's it

Some still say that's not Bonzo on La la, though I believe it is.

SIBLY and In The Light / Morning are both the LP drum takes IMO

Not to say I'm not enjoying this whole campaign, but for us Bonzo fans, it's not the bonanza we'd hoped for. So far, anyway

My local record store was giving away promotional merchandise for the Physical Graffiti release, Here is the front and back of a Physical Graffiti postcard. I also got a Physical Graffiti paper bag and lithograph.

post-15049-0-25589500-1425189917_thumb.j

post-15049-0-60416500-1425189936_thumb.j

post-15049-0-46384700-1425190955_thumb.j

post-15049-0-29435100-1425190966_thumb.j

It's the same. Check the fills, for example, from 4:21-4:54 on ITL, then from 2:47-3:18 on EMIT

There are two or three fills missing at the end of EMIT though. The odd triplet one he plays isn't there.

I got my super deluxe PG today , Unfortunately PG stills sound the least impactful sonically of the first five .( As it did when I bought it when it first came out ). Don't get me wrong great stuff on it . Just sounds "thin" compared to first four albums. Was hoping for an improvement.

Another disappointment with ALL the deluxe box sets. There are no notes on just what exactly Jimmy did during the remaster process that is different from past re-masters.

Would be nice to have some info on that. Anyone that has the Beatles complete vinyl set knows what I mean .

If anyone knows where this might be captured, an interview, a posting, whatever would be appreciated.

Having collected music releases for more than 40 years - first on vinyl, then on CD - I have got quite a storage problem by now. So, high defintion downloads are very welcome to me as an alternative to physical media. And they just offer (to my ageing ears) an even better sound than the CD.

BUT: as is the case with Led Zeppelin highres downloads (I buy at 'qobuz.com' or 'highresaudio.com') you don't get a digital booklet, and that's a crying shame :tears:!

I know that's company policy (shame on you, warner music or atco) Please change that a.s.o.p. !

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting to see what The Stones have on their forthcoming re-issue of Sticky Fingers, there are outtakes (incl. a version of Brown Sugar with Clapton on guitar) & a number of live tracks. This is just on the two disc version, there are larger versions with DVD footage etc.

I've not been overly critical of the Led Zeppelin reissues but you'd have to say if Page had gone down the above route, with a few live tracks from around the time each LP came out, these would have sold like hot cakes & been met with near hysteria on here.

I sorta think everyone is just listening to the new reissued records. There are atleast 2 or 4 tracks on each album, comp discs, that most hardcore fans can appreciate. With the latest...sick again is so air guitarable, like over the hills and i love it. Yet with the comp disc, boogie with stu and kashmir are seemingly a drop off, yet they are great. I mean with, boogie w stu...thats a song like hey hey what can i do or walters walk...where i play the songs a few times when listening to them, great songs. A total trip to go back...but i can understand if some folks were expecting more. I think physical grafitti is playing even better as a double album with the new sound.

I look forward to "compilation" box sets in the future after hearing this stuff...without a doubt

Someone from a music column returned my email last Friday and said late summer but that was a "rumor and there is no official date yet'. For what its worth it looks to me like PG will be promoted at least through April's end on the site ..I think June for the next 2 would be a nice surprise but am doubting it. The amount of unsold SDB's in the few stores that got them may be a reason I know two stores up the street that got the boxes and there they sit to this day. they stopped ordering them after III

Oh gods, I hope the next releases won't be for months and months. I need time to recover from PG AND Sound Tracks AND Dave Lewis' new book before I cough up more $ for remasters!

• 3 weeks later...

I sorta think that zeppelin music will be much less likely to be brought up as heavy metal by media etc after these new versions of the records. Everything is so much more illustrated, stuff ive always heard, yet balanced and presented so nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived