New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Tomorrow is when Celebration Day was announced. Hope something will be soon.

A year already! Can't believe it's been about a year since I saw the premier in NYC.

I doubt, if anything will be announced over the weekend, but I think we'll hear something soon as the first batch of releases will probably be sometime in November or December. :smiley_pray:

A year already! Can't believe it's been about a year since I saw the premier in NYC.

I doubt, if anything will be announced over the weekend, but I think we'll hear something soon as the first batch of releases will probably be sometime in November or December. :smiley_pray:

I can't believe I would have seen it in theater on October 17th. :)

Could be. It make it in time for the holiday season. I hope it's before November!

Wow, it's almost October...here's hoping there's an announcement soon...I'm starting to worry this whole deal may have been shelved.

I wish we had access to insiders in the record biz - Atlantic, Rhino, etc.

Still trying to be optimistic, but man, this subject has grown freezing cold.

Wow, it's almost October...here's hoping there's an announcement soon...I'm starting to worry this whole deal may have been shelved.

I wish we had access to insiders in the record biz - Atlantic, Rhino, etc.

Still trying to be optimistic, but man, this subject has grown freezing cold.

"Zeppelin time."

Rest assured, enough money has been put into the project that they wouldn't shelve it -- maybe the focus shifted.

These type of projects, meaning remastered, archival material etc. tend to not be announced as far as what is on them, these days only shortly before their release. I'm sure it's all due to the internet, when it's easy it promote them this way. Years ago they were announced months ahead of time. Now it's different for new studio releases. Just look at the just released Nirvana's "In Utero" 20th anniversary edition. The material on it was only announced about three weeks or so prior to its' release. So, my guess as these box sets will probably be handled the same way.

Just be patient everyone...they're coming! :thumbsup::yesnod:

There's really no way to tell. It comes down to what Led Zeppelin has access to -- some things (like the LZIII-era demos) might not appear, or might have to be dubbed from bootleg releases, seeing as they were part of the theft in the 1980s. I'd like to think we'll get some cool new pieces, studio and (maybe?) live, alongside professionally mixed/mastered outtakes we already "have."

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah....my reports of Amazon being out of stock was a bit premature. All of the cds are back in stock :P

If they were planning on the holiday season, right now would be the time to announce it. At this point my optimism is starting to wane, but you never know what tomorrow could bring.

Edit: Grammar

Such a positive view on things!! Nah but seriously I feel the same way xD

I don't doubt that we'll get them -- but getting them this year is very optimistic, to say the least.

Yeah....my reports of Amazon being out of stock was a bit premature. All of the cds are back in stock :P

If they were planning on the holiday season, right now would be the time to announce it. At this point my optimism is starting to wane, but you never know what tomorrow could bring.

Edit: Grammar

To couple this with my previous response: I've been surprised lately by the amount of releases announced with very little fanfare/time to go.

Not only is that very optimistic, it is also very fictitious.

Like I alluded to in the second half of that post...a load of stuff is being released next month, that was only announced within the last couple of weeks. Celebration Day was only cinematically released after about a month of advertising.

Like I alluded to in the second half of that post...a load of stuff is being released next month, that was only announced within the last couple of weeks. Celebration Day was only cinematically released after about a month of advertising.

Well, as far as CD sales go, I have an insider in EMI and Universal and they say that CDs are basically dead and that nobody sells CDs anymore We might be looking at an online digital release, and that in wich case I wouldn't like that to happen because I completely loathe mp3 and digital formats.

I would like to see Zeppelin invest in Vinyl though.

Well, as far as CD sales go, I have an insider in EMI and Universal and they say that CDs are basically dead and that nobody sells CDs anymore We might be looking at an online digital release, and that in wich case I wouldn't like that to happen because I completely loathe mp3 and digital formats.

I would like to see Zeppelin invest in Vinyl though.

Your "insider" is stupid. CDs still sell...and are sold everywhere. We'll see the same thing we saw for Celebration Day (and just about every modern release): CD; vinyl; hi-res and low-res digital. Possibly also Blu-Ray audio for the hi-res versions of the albums.

Your "insider" is stupid. CDs still sell...and are sold everywhere. We'll see the same thing we saw for Celebration Day (and just about every modern release): CD; vinyl; hi-res and low-res digital. Possibly also Blu-Ray audio for the hi-res versions of the albums.

My insider is one of the leaders of the companies.. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth. And it's not a secret that CDs aren't selling half as much as they were about 10 years ago.

if i remember correctly, Celebration Day was heavily rumored about a year and a half before it's release. The remasters are definitely coming, patience my brothers and sisters :P

I remember for a long time before any announcments, the wikipedia page for the concert was title "Celebration Day" which I thought was highly weird. I we see any countdowns on the LZ page, we'll know, but please don't start at 1968 and go backwards to 0!

I saw on twitter off of Cookie's page on Wednesday that something will be anncounced soon about the boxsets. Also Jimmy maybe up to something as he is pictured waiting/ getting into a taxi in Chelesa on Tuesday in London. Kenog posted them in the hot pics thread. I hope this is true.

Archived