New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I am screwed if they do not come out on vinyl. I don't even have a CD player - just a DVD player. Every thing I own in on vinyl.

I think I'll tweet Mr. Betty Crocker and see if he will answer a vinyl question.

You may have to get something that will play CDs. They may come out as vinyl as Celebration Day, Mothership, and SRTS, but only much later. Since Jimmy was talking about visual stuff too, I am not sure how that would work with vinyl.

You may have to get something that will play CDs. They may come out as vinyl as Celebration Day, Mothership, and SRTS, but only much later. Since Jimmy was talking about visual stuff too, I am not sure how that would work with vinyl.

It's all very confusing - what format it will come out in. If there is a DVD, that's great. But I want the music to be on vinyl.

It's all very confusing - what format it will come out in. If there is a DVD, that's great. But I want the music to be on vinyl.

It is confusing. Do you have the vinyl of Celebraton Day? Is the DVD in there? I only have the 2 CD/ 2 DVD.

I think most (if not all) DVD players should play cds with no issue.

It would be incredibly difficult to release boxsets on vinyl without them being incredibly expensive. For these releases I see the individual remastered album releases possibly on vinyl (without any extra tracks) and CD/DVD format with all the extra stuff (whatever that may be).

I think most (if not all) DVD players should play cds with no issue.

It would be incredibly difficult to release boxsets on vinyl without them being incredibly expensive. For these releases I see the individual remastered album releases possibly on vinyl (without any extra tracks) and CD/DVD format with all the extra stuff (whatever that may be).

That would be my guess as well.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I do not have Celebration Day on vinyl, just the CD/DVD and I cannot play the CD because my DVD player is built into my TV. I tried to play a CD belonging to a friend and it didn't work. So very confusing. There are just too many

ways to get video and music. I just stick to vinyl because that is how I have always purchased music.

When Nick Mason made the rounds for the Pink Floyd Immersion Box Sets, he said this was like a last hurrah for Pink Floyd to put something out with their involvement and something elaborate for the fans, but they also gave the fans the Blu Ray with the different mixes for "Dark Side of the Moon".

Hopefully Led Zeppelin will also have Blu Ray for multimedia purposes and be able to have all the demos, mixes, digital copies, and alternate takes included.

It should be interesting to see what the outcome is.

As far as people not buying physical product, let me know when the presale announcement happens.

I live in the New York area. Many of you probably are familiar with Carol Miller and her long time hosting of the (Monday to Friday) "Get the Led Out" program she does. Its like most of its kind - a couple of songs, a story to match the calendar day and anything currently breaking. This past Friday, she made mention of the story about Robert discussing finding some 'hidden gems' that might be worthy of inclusion in the upcoming remastered albums. One interesting thing Carol did mention, that I had not heard, is that the albums were to begin coming out around not, BUT, were being delayed since the Zeppelin members are negotiating with (whomever?) for better publishing rates. I guess they know they have remained popular and this might be there last big release to cash in on ... thought I would pass it along. Waiting, impatiently, like most of you.

Very interesting. Publishing rates....is that just like producing/distributing the actual media or would that be negotiating royalties with other artists to use some of Zeppelins covers?

You think it would be kind of obvious to a publisher that there's interest in Led Zeppelin.

It is confusing. Do you have the vinyl of Celebraton Day? Is the DVD in there? I only have the 2 CD/ 2 DVD.

No aen27 the DVD is not included with the vinyl, it's just the vinyl. I have the 2 CD/2 DVD set and the vinyl. The vinyl includes an MP3 download.

Its too bad the stuff hasn't come out yet - we'll be into the American holiday shopping season soon & I'd hate for this to come out round then - If they do it may look like nice cash grab.

We have two Record Store Day holidays soon too (Black Friday in the States & in Spring 2014). And while the bulk of RSD product is on vinyl, do you think its possible the band may be working on a release to coincide with one of these RSD's?? That would be kind of cool... what you think??

Its too bad the stuff hasn't come out yet - we'll be into the American holiday shopping season soon & I'd hate for this to come out round then - If they do it may look like nice cash grab.

We have two Record Store Day holidays soon too (Black Friday in the States & in Spring 2014). And while the bulk of RSD product is on vinyl, do you think its possible the band may be working on a release to coincide with one of these RSD's?? That would be kind of cool... what you think??

Record Store Day isn't big enough for a LZ release. Jimmy likes having launch publicity to himself, not split with other artists. While JP is a big fan of RSD, to the extent of paying people to wait in line for him at record stores across the country, I don't think he would go for it.

I'm fairly confident a Zeppelin release would sell out nationwide on RSD with no publicity whatsoever.

A live EP, single, or even a special limited repress of a regular album or compilation (This is Led Zeppelin or Led Zeppelin Acoustically) would do very well. It would be quite cool.

Loads of people didn't think they'd (remember, it is a band we're talking about, here) "go for" a release of the O2 concert, too, nor revisit the vaults for possible future releases.

Sure, it's a band, but it's Jimmy who has been in charge of this, choosing who to share updates with. He chose to share details with his manager, he chose to arrange meetings with RP and JPJ, he chose to be asked questions about the box sets in interviews. If any member of LZ chooses how and when these box sets are released, it's Jimmy. Jimmy was the driving force behind the original Remasters box sets, the DVD, Mothership etc. It was a band, now it's JP going through the archives with the occasional help of the other two living members.

From an industry point of view, releasing a major box set series on RSD is a very bad idea. It works for singles and one-off production runs as you benefit from the organisation and shops' marketing spends. But for a major release such as the upcoming box sets, you risk being lost in the crowd. It's like trying to launch a new seasonal holiday on the same day as Christmas.

^And if Plant, Jones, or the Bonham Estate say "no" to any one of the inclusions, Page is stuck and must negotiate/drop whatever they don't agree with.

From an industry point of view, releasing a major box set series on RSD is a very bad idea. It works for singles and one-off production runs as you benefit from the organisation and shops' marketing spends. But for a major release such as the upcoming box sets, you risk being lost in the crowd. It's like trying to launch a new seasonal holiday on the same day as Christmas.

That's exactly what I said and what I believe The Only Way To Fly meant.

Sure, it's a band, but it's Jimmy who has been in charge of this, choosing who to share updates with. He chose to share details with his manager, he chose to arrange meetings with RP and JPJ, he chose to be asked questions about the box sets in interviews. If any member of LZ chooses how and when these box sets are released, it's Jimmy. Jimmy was the driving force behind the original Remasters box sets, the DVD, Mothership etc. It was a band, now it's JP going through the archives with the occasional help of the other two living members.

Trust me, I know LZ is Jimmy's baby...but he is constrained by what the other members/families would want, and I'm sure Jonesy/Plant/the Bonhams could overrule any single decision Jimmy makes.

I also agree that the box-set coming out on RSD is a bad idea -- releasing it as part of that event, or taking away from said event, would be very stupid. It would be nice if they released a single, though.

Nah, you should do what Jimmy Page does and pay Dave Lewis to do it for him.

Lol. That, or...just wait until the copies hit eBay.

Archived