New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

NQ is on The Song Remains The Same after all.

A cut version though, at least on the film and the re-release. I would love to see a version of No Quarter from '75, '77 and August 4th 1979 get the official treatment. No Quarter live really showed the band in full flight imo.

I have come to believe that we are not ever getting a damn thing.

Lmfao. :rolleyes:

A cut version though, at least on the film and the re-release. I would love to see a version of No Quarter from '75, '77 and August 4th 1979 get the official treatment. No Quarter live really showed the band in full flight imo.

That depends on what you mean by "cut." No version of TSRTS "No Quarter" is complete, as they're all compilations.

The Knebworth "No Quarters" leave something to be desired...they're abbreviated, and Jonesy was clearly uncomfortable playing them.

I agree that the version from the 11th of August is missing something, but the version from the 4th is stunning imo. One of my favourite versions, just listen to the outro.

I should listen to it separate from the video -- Jonesy looked pained while playing it, at least toward the beginning.

I firmly believe that 'no news is good news'. The radio silence is likely to reflect the fact that there is a lot of work going on in the background to complete these reissues. No doubt they are running behind schedule, but this is likely to be because like many of Jimmy's major projects it has grown in scope as it goes along. My optimistic view is that the longer we wait, the better the end product will be. Patience people!

I firmly believe that 'no news is good news'. The radio silence is likely to reflect the fact that there is a lot of work going on in the background to complete these reissues. No doubt they are running behind schedule, but this is likely to be because like many of Jimmy's major projects it has grown in scope as it goes along. My optimistic view is that the longer we wait, the better the end product will be. Patience people!

Jimmy's "major projects"....?? In terms of what? The 02 release? Can that be counted - it took 5 years!

Jimmy's "major projects"....?? In terms of what? The 02 release? Can that be counted - it took 5 years!

I'm unsure about what else Jimmy has on his plate, but the fact that Robert has discussed the project recently means all is not lost...and, hopefully, that they're all equally (and keenly) involved.

I think the O2 gig was actually a good example - the performance initially was going to be just a handful of songs, but ended up growing into a two-hour full blown concert with 16 songs. That project certainly grew in scope!

I agree - the O2 release was very good. However given it took 5 years to see the light of day - one would expect it to be an excellent product.

I hope the box sets are on our time frame and not "Zeppelin time"...

My guess is the former and not the latter! But then again, I have no direct involvement with it, so what do I know? Just my gut feeling!

Here is an idea, why not save all of this new material that is going to be released on various boxsets, and release it as a single album?

No.

:P

They want us to rebuy the studio albums, and we have no idea how comprehensive/sparse the sets will be (yet).

Here is an idea, why not save all of this new material that is going to be released on various boxsets, and release it as a single album?

No don't go giving anyone ideas, which might mean waiting until 2017 or beyond, you know how Zep time works.... :mellow:

+1

That would be cool Tom. Glad to know someone just over 20 is also into vinyl and just doesn't rely on digital or downloading to get their music! Aces for you Tom! :bravo: Too many now of the younger generation, unfortunately get their music only this way! :dont:

Vinyl is making a big come back Dave, apparently 18-24 year olds are driving it as well. Good to see, my collection reached just over 100 albums. I must admit that I do my fair share of downloading as well however.

Jimmy has given an interview to Team Rock Radio backstage at the Classic Rock Awards in London tonight and has shared a lot of information about the remaster box sets. Here's a quick summary:

They're coming next year, hopefully early next year.

All of the audio is finished.

Every album will be packaged with a companion disc featuring different mixes, possibly of every song.

There will be unreleased studio material.

There's a version of Since I've Been Loving You which is "totally different" "incredible" and "raw"

"Each disc will give a really intimate picture of the group"

Here's the source: https://soundcloud.com/teamrockradio/jimmy-page-at-the-classic-rock-awards-2013

Every album will be packaged with a companion disc featuring different mixes, possibly of every song.

So do we interpret that as each album set will be the remastered studio disc(s) plus a companion disc (or maybe two for PG)? Not big huge sets if that's the case.

Jimmy seemed a little...confused about that? He was at least confusing...it almost sounded like he was saying that the companion discs would be sold separately.

I assume he means that there will be base remastered versions, as well as deluxe editions.

Archived